[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fake (artificial) Intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (283KB, 380x331px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
283KB, 380x331px
http://futurism.com/hawking-creating-ai-could-be-the-biggest-event-in-the-history-of-our-civilization/

These guys...always trying to make something intelligent--fake at that--without the brains or imagination to do so. So desperately they try to fix everyone with their science rather than doing something, anything, to feel good--honorable and honest--about themselves.

He even believes--I refuse to write 'thinks'--that fake intelligence has progressed, as if it doesn't happen all at once. Even if a bunch of rocks could spontaneously become intelligent, it would be of its own volition, free will and nothing, zero, nada and zip to do with them.

Maybe he is sort of intelligent and his mother was sort of pregnant and billions have sort of been raped.
>>
You seem upset about AI, but I am not sure I understand why. Would you like to share your reasoning?
>>
>>80189
Your a special kind of dumb and loud.
>>
>>80189
Or maybe you're just an idiot.
>>
You must be a hardcore religion fag. Or are you just retarted? As if there's a difference...
>>
>>80189
He who knows the least...
>>
>>80189
woah woah woah, you dont await our inevitable robot overlords with open arms?
>>
Wow, not one intelligent word out of any of the responders: Just bully talk from emotionally-retarded big people.

Do any of you have anything intelligent to say about artificial intelligence?
Do tell how your computer programming, database design and security experience has made you qualified to speak? Have you ever been inside a library: like the science section or self-help section? Even read one self-help book?
Let me guess: gas station attendant; McD counter staff; factory worker and, let me see, a unemployed drunk waiting for their monthly handout.

Still, I wish you guys well. Cheers.
>>
>>80191
No, not upset about AI: It doesn't exist, yet as far as you're probably concerned, so I can't be upset at nothing.
Now wasted resources by guys who fudge results for grant money: You realize they steal from society. You, me, they steal from your mother and, as with cancer, have professed for decades that if they have just a bit more money, honest, they'll find an answer to cancer (old age and death) with DRUGS they cooked up and surely WILL share if they could and did find it. Wonderful CEOs will give up fixes and $$$ to cure us all.

If you ask about AI, what level of science do you have? How long have you studied science? Can you specify "reasoning of what"?

I'm tired of boasts, brags and promises. Guys who have nothing but 'dumb and loud' in them with booze as their only manhood and courage.
>>
>>80431
>bitching at us about emotional responses
>after op was nothing but emotionally fuels ranting
>>80432
>What level of science do you have
I'm guessing English isn't your first or third language
>>
I think the point of "real" AI is that even though you've set parameters for it, it does its own thing after that.

Instead of rolling a ball down a pre-made track, the ball makes its own track to achieve its goal of reaching Point X. How it determined this goal is how you're going to define its intelligence. Did it happen randomly or is it part of a pattern? You might be able to observe a "personality" from its patterns, but in the end, what's the difference between human choice and this hypothetical situation?
>>
>>80444
Anon I appreciate the intelligent answer but op was looking to bait people, I'm sorry you're wasting your time.
>>
I feel like when it comes to AI, theres a school of thought that a lot of people tend to assume. That being that artificial intelligence is something like, human intelligence. and secondly, that the thought processes and origin of thought would be like that of a human, or organic style life form.

I know that sometimes its good to build things based on that of nature because of the way these things came about (evoltuion, cause/effect, other forms of change). But when it comes down to it. the basics of an intelligently designed AI. could essentially operate completely different than what we are assuming it to operate. to think about "lifes great questions" could be somethign very specific for Humans because of the network of fears and assumptions of life. an AI, would simply operate on a very basic reward system. it would want to achieve a purpose for each process of intelligent thought. this would have to then build upon itself to form a larger structure of identity.
>>
>>80452
Agreed. When humans were first trying to invent heavier-than-air flight, they looked to birds, as though the flapping motion was of the utmost importance.

The propeller and jet engine turned out to be the magic formula for flight, and look where we are now.

I think we are in 1890, knowing that flight (AI) is possible, but unable to see past our own biological versions of what we seek to create.
>>
>>80697
No it was the fucking shape of the god damn wing you dipshit retard motherfucker
>>
>>80444
>Instead of rolling a ball down a pre-made track, the ball makes its own track to achieve its goal of reaching Point X.

“Why do you close your eyes?” asked Sussman. Minsky replied “so that the room will be empty”.

>>80452
>>80697
If you wish to define AI in such a way that it doesn't act human (in as much as airplanes don't flap their wings), then why bother at all? Just say that we're already there. We already have computers that can do things humans can't do, just define AI to be those things and the entire discussion is pointless.

The goal of flight was to have transportation: flapping was not an integral part of that. The goal of modern AI research is to replicate the way humans think. Acting and thinking like a human is, in fact, integral to that.
>>
>>80189
I think you miss the whole point of the word artificial in artificial intelligence ( artificial - made or produced by human beings rather than occurring naturally, typically as a copy of something natural. ) your entire argument/rant focuses on negatives without citing any actual facts or purposeful information, take this post to /b/ or somewhere it fits.
>>
>>80432
you dumb nigger real AI has been around for some time. Just because it exists doesn't mean it's going to be light speed super smart. Hawking only sounds retarded because he has to explain fuck all complicated shit to dumb asses like you. It sounds like you are confusing 4th generation computing with AI. They ar enot one in the same rather a combination of the voice recognition and AI tech already being developed. 4th Gen computing is very soon. Some systems already do it but not at an OS level, just for certain programs.

And because you probably don't know, 4th gen computing is what you see on star trek, yell at the computer and it just does what you want, even writes complex programs based on a sentence.
>>
>>80189
The Butlerian Jihad has begun.
>>
>>80728
>The goal of modern AI research is to replicate the way humans think. Acting and thinking like a human is, in fact, integral to that.

Actually you're a human and you clearly don't think at all, so I guess it's not integral.
>>
>>80799
>Butlerian Jihad
I wish, brother. I wish.
>>
>>80799
Fuck the golden path
>>
>>80713
>are you upset?
>>
>>80801
Don't get butthurt just because you're wrong, dude.
>>
The brain is not conscious, but is the 'transmitter/receiver' of you

Creating 'artificial conscious' requires a recreation of the beginning event of the universe
>>
>>81157
Topkek, citation needed.
>>
>>81157
where did you get the shrooms?
>>
>>81157
wat
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.