[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3rd US Presidential Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 0

I was hoping for a slow thread to discuss it here so here I'll try

>link required
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/19/498293478/fact-check-trump-and-clinton-s-final-presidential-debate
>>
"No, you're the puppet"
You can't make this shit up
>>
Hillary is dodging a lot and Trump needs to take it to her better
>>
Hillary did such a good job with switching the immigration issue to the Wikileaks/Russia issue
>>
Did she say she used the state department to help women and children here in this country?
>>
>>79876
I think she just said while she was there she helped women and children
>>
Ok. That's a very charitable interpretation. But its meant to paint a glowing picture.
>>
>>79878
what are you talking about
>>
Clinton did a pretty good job with the 'rigged' issue but Trump's "Should've won" comment about the Emmy's was pretty funny
>>
True.
>>
wikileaks and veritas bombs
>>
She's on the defensive.
>>
>Assad is bad
pls stop
>>
>>79883
on what issue
>>
Hillary gets destroyed on Syria and immediately appeals to emotions about little kids
>>
She stayed away from isis as much as possible. It's a bloody mess for her.
>>
Damn based moderator. Told them they're not doing closing statements and now he's forcing them to since they aren't prepared
>>
He absolutely wrecked himself about the 'not accepting the election' issue.
>>
hopefully this gets used to talk about the debate for the next few days. I think I'll make one for election day if you want to look out for it
>>
They're both so fucking ridiculous. Trump may be a bit of a political moron, but everything Hillary says about him could go right back on her. [paraphrased] "Every time something doesn't go his way, he says it's 'rigged'."
*earlier in the debate*
"The Russians are hacking us to try to influence the election -- and it's not me they want to win!"
>>
>>79896
>everything Hillary says about him could go right back on her
>everything
>>
>>79898
Speak up, anon it seems like you have something to say!
>>
>>79899
Exaggerations in politics is one of my biggest pet peeves. When it's done by candidates I get it, they gotta make themselves out to be god and their opponent the devil, but when it's done by news anchors or even worse, by citizens, it pisses me off. If you think something is a serious issue then you shouldn't have to exaggerate the facts.
>>
>>79900
>If you think something is a serious issue then you shouldn't have to exaggerate the facts.
That is the problem, this is not about issues it is about scoring points for your tribe, chest beating, and, virtue signaling.
>>
It might have been my imagination, but when Trump brought up the campaigner interviews and how dangerous their tactics were, there was a moment where it looked like Hillary's amused disgust gave way to fear or embarrassment.
>>
Clinton is definitely going to win. I really hope she repeals the 2nd amendment already. These fucking shootings need to stop.
>>
>>79911
Good luck getting 2/3rds of state governments to agree with you.
>>
>>79904
In her response to that accusation she actually brought up Trump inciting violence. I think she knew immediately that she fucked up. If she hadn't said that they probably would have moved on.
>>
Trump hit her pretty hard with accusations and I thought her deflections were mostly pretty weak, the exception being when she egged Trump into giving a pretty passionate defense of Putin. I also think he did very well on painting her as a supporter of extremely late term abortions. HC probably lost quite a few catholic women on that.

Trump always fumbles when discussing foreign policy and tonight was no different. He could have turned into an area of strength if he didn't sound completely uninformed. He's lucky Chris Wallace bailed him out when he brought up the dangers with a no fly zone over Syria.

The keep you in suspense line was an attempt at being cute that backfired.

Overall the abortion line and the protestor bullshit hurt hillary but probably not enough to get him where he needs to be. Better hope for more stuff to leak
>>
>>79911
>>79912

Hillary's not going to touch the 2nd Amendment. The best she can get is it's interpretation in the supreme court, and even then that's not a guarantee since any justice she nominates would have to be approved by congress which typically makes the nominee fairly neutral, especially if the opposite party controls congress.

She might be able to push through some lighter gun control measures (overhaul of the background check system) since there is sufficient support for that by voters (I think it was in the 70% range last I checked) but won't get anything major through like another assault weapons ban (which is mostly pointless because the NFA and post-1986 manufacture ban already in place).

>>79921

Protestor violence incitement definitely hurt her, but I'm not sure Trump's late-term abortion thing was based in reality. At 9 months, a baby is most likely viable, and would more likely to be extracted via C-section than to be straight up aborted. His visual was probably effective (which is probably what matters when it comes to moving votes), but I don't think it's very truthful, much like back in the primaries when Carly Fiorina described the Planned Parenthood video (describing something disturbing that wasn't actually in the video).

>The keep you in suspense line was an attempt at being cute that backfired.

I'm pretty sure this will be the big headline in the papers in the morning. That's an absolutely massive statement from a major party candidate, widely condemned by both parties including his own VP and campaign staff.

It completely spits in the face of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, who were able to peacefully transfer power from one administration and party to another (George Washington doesn't count because he wasn't part of any party).
>>
>>79927
It's less that Trump did well and more that Hillary really dropped the ball by not pointing that out. Almost as bad as when she had the gall to accuse trump of inciting violence right after he called her out on the protesters. Set herself up for a second lashing when they were about to move on.
>>
>>79935
>Protestor violence incitement definitely hurt her
>>79935
>right after he called her out on the protesters

Threadly reminder: http://www.snopes.com/2016/10/18/project-veritas-election-videos/
>>
>>79941

I remember arguing about the 1st video on /news/, and now getting the extra bit that the guy was annoyed and trying to get her to buzz off makes sense. Just as a viewer I was already getting annoyed by her in the short time the video ran, imagine getting hounded by that person for half an hour or however long the unedited footage lasts. It's like torture, at some point you just say whatever to get them to stop and fuck off.
>>
All she had to do is get him unhinged. Didn't take too long.
>>
>>79941
>>79952
>Robert Creamer appearing 200+ times on the White House visitor log and meeting directly with Obama is just coincidence
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/earnest-dodges-on-dem-operative-visits-to-white-house/article/2605006?custom_click=rss
>Thinking the several resignations and firings after the videos were released are just coincidence
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/19/two-democratic-operatives-lose-jobs-after-james-okeefe-sting/#comments
>Thinking a single Snopes article whining about "complete footage" completely discredits Veritas despite Snopes already getting caught lying for Hillary twice
http://yournewswire.com/snopes-caught-lying-for-hillary-again-questions-raised/
https://ethicsalarms.com/2016/07/31/bye-bye-snopes-youre-dead-to-me-now/

The "Hillary didn't nothing wrong" circle jerk gets exponentially smaller every day.

Justice is beautiful.
>>
>>79956
Subtlety is your friend here ctr
>>
>>79911
Yea dumbass, lets make guns illegal and they will all just disappear just like heroin, prostitution, exotic pets and jay walking.
>>
>>79902
Nowadays people view it like rooting for a football team, and never faltering. I blame football culture.
>>
>>80008

They ain't coincidences, but it's always edited to be even worse than it is, leaving out important context (was it a hypothetical question that the video editor is presenting as an actual opinion of the subject, is the subject actually quoting another party, etc). Complete footage is VERY important, just like having a complete photograph: a picture of a soldier pointing a gun at a POW and a medic giving the POW water can easily be edited to show the remove the soldier to make it a pro-military image or remove the medic to make the military look bad. You always need the complete story in order to verify for yourself that the editors for any given organization haven't obscured the truth from you. All the talk in the videos sounds a lot like they were asked leading hypothetical questions or are making accusations against other people with no actual proof and just circumstantial evidence or theoretical situations.

Also remember that people getting fired/stepping down as a result of these incidents isn't actually an admission of guilt. People get fired all the time just because the optics look bad or for mishandling a situation that could have gone better, like Corey Lewandowski (he could have saved himself by not lying about it and just apologizing).
>>
What a fucking mess this debate was. It was two criminals taking turns deflecting from their crimes and unethical behavior. I felt like I was watching some kind of parody when Trump just started saying NO U over and over again.
>>
>>79911
Just background d checks, anon. Calm down
>>
>>79921
Any sensible person watching the debate knew trump was exaggerating when he said hillary supported abortions that late in term
>>
>>80056 see
>>79062
>>
>>80196
I'm happy to see that but I doubt it would be the end of the culture surrounding it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kjyltrKZSY

Useful summary video.
>>
>>80183
Actually she does support late term abortions and it is legal to do so in many states. Yes, even at 9 months as long as the doctor terminates the baby's life in the womb before removal. The key is they MUST terminate the life prior to removing the baby from the women's body.
>>
>>79868
vfd
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.