[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Duck hunters face poaching charges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: duckhunt.jpg (69KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
duckhunt.jpg
69KB, 638x359px
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/10/10/duck-hunters-charged-poaching-hotline/91846670/
http://www.grandhaventribune.com/Fire-EMS/2016/10/09/Largest.html

>The Grand Haven Tribune reports authorities confiscated 58 ducks Sunday in Ottawa County’s Chester Township. Conservation Officer Ivan Perez says the hunters were over the legal limit for ducks and were using too much corn as bait.
>Authorities say the men used 200 pounds of corn to use as bait to lure and shoot the birds near a private pond in Coopersville.
>Officials say the limit is six birds, but in this case all were illegal because of the bait used. The men are due in Hudsonville District Court this month. If convicted, they face up to $500 restitution per bird and would face suspension of their hunting licenses.
>>
>>78795
good, that about of hunting is unsustainable. 6 birds sounds like a reasonable number per day and that much corn will just poison the water as it rots
>>
>>78827
6 per person stupid.
If 10 people were there they wouldn't have even been at the limit yet.
Given they used so much bait there were likely several people there.
>>
>>78868
>all were illegal due to the bait used
Fucking read you dumb nigger.
>>
>>78871
Yea, that would matter IF THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.
Read the thread you illiterate nigger.
>>
>>78868
>6 per person stupid.
yes 6 per person per day, or are you saying that you can only hunt 6 per season?
>>
I think way back in the day people were using canons filled with grapeshot to wipe out whole flocks to sell to restaurants
>>
>>78878
The guy I replied to said that the hunting was unsustainable, I was telling him that he may be full of shit because the only thing they did wrong was use too much bait, they didn't get too many ducks so there was probably enough people there to have less than 6 ducks per person.
>>
>>78903
that was me, both links clearly say 4 men were arrested for poaching.
58/4 = 14.5 over twice the legal limit and as i said the over use of bait is also a problem
>>
>>78872
They would all still be illegal due to the bait used though. I don't understand how you're not getting this.
Even if a bunch of people were around, each taking six ducks, it would still be illegal.
Holy shit learn to read before you post, nignog.
>>
>>78941
That has nothing to do with unsustainable numbers. Read the thread faggot.

>>78908
This does, thank you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.