[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Milo Yiannopoulos Eyeing Bid for 4chan Social Media Site

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

File: 1461706427725.jpg (41KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
1461706427725.jpg
41KB, 928x523px
4chan is an imageboard Internet site that allows users to post anonymously.
Milo Yiannopoulos, an alt-right hero known for his banishment from Twitter, is preparing a bid to acquire his own social media firm: 4chan.

Launched in 2003, 4chan is an imageboard Internet site that allows users to post anonymously. Its roots were in anime and manga, though it has evolved into much more and has facilitated some controversy, including allegations that it allows for cyberbullying.

The Hollywood Reporter learned that Yiannopoulos, with the help of a wealthy backer, is preparing to approach 4chan owner Hiroyuki Nishimura, a Japanese entrepreneur, with a bid this week.

Contacted Saturday, Yiannopoulos confirmed plans for a possible acquisition but did not offer details.

"As a free-speech fundamentalist and a student of Internet culture, I appreciate how fragile and precious the 4chan ecosystem is and how much it gives to the wider Internet — even if some corners of it, such as /pol/, don't always approve of me very much," Yiannopoulos said.

/Pol/ is a reference to 4chan's political discussion board. It was created in 2011 to replace /new/, which was deleted after it became a haven for self-loathing, misogyny and racism.

"I spoke to my lawyer this morning about purchasing the business," said Yiannopoulos. "I intend to approach the current owners in the next few days with an offer. My philosophy as owner would be very simple: free-speech central, no ifs, no buts."

Yiannopoulos was banned from Twitter after he engaged in a war of tweets with Ghostbusters actress Leslie Jones.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/milo-yiannopoulos-eyeing-bid-4chan-936596
>>
>>77511
Fuck off Milo, everybody knows most everything you do is is just for publicity. Hiro isn't selling anyway.
>>
what's wrong with Milo buying 4chan?
>>
>>77532
Hes a faggot
>>
>>77542
>Hes a faggot
coal burning POZ'd faggot "catholic"
>>
We must DO something right? We must not let this Man take over what's ours, Hope Hiro won't be a SELLOUT,
>>
>>77532
this guy is too egotistical to be a good leader. He would probably make some changes that no matter how much complaining he would say he knows what's best for us and his ego would never let him believe his changes are bad ideas.

So the only problem would be that he may try to do unwanted changes. I actually believe that he would keep this place anonymous and real free-speech but the changes he will inevitably try/force is my problem. Obviously this is just a hypothesis of mine.
>>
>>77547
This place is owned by Google anyway. We are already screwed.
>>
>>77551

Well shit....
>>
>>77532
He's just an attention whore who would try to use the site to shill breitbart crap.
Plus every board would become /pol/ or /hm/

>>77551
>moot leaves 4chan
>moot joins Google
>Google buys 4chan
it all comes full circle
>>
>>77532
He's unironically a faggot
>>
>>77568
It wouldn't suprise me if Google held Hiro's strings.
This place is a honeypot.
>>
I just want to browse /e/ in peace
>>
>>77511
He can fuck right off.
>>
>>77582
I just want to quest on /tg/
>>
>>77511
this would be a good thing
>>
I think this would be great! Can you imagine how many people this would piss off! Lolol.....uh, I'm not homophobic I just really don't like uh, people like that...lolze---We need this---
>>
>>77532
4chan needs an owner who keeps his head down and out of the bullshit. The reason m00t was so successful keeping this shitshow afloat was because he wasn't a giant mediawhore and kept to himself. This guy is a douche who just wants to turn this site into /pol/chan.
>>
this 'who should buy 4chan' thing is pretty funny

reading the threads it seems like no one's good enough to own 4chan

as if it's actually good or something
>>
>>77532
Political bullshit is killing this site.

Milo is ENTIRELY political bullshit.
>>
I for one welcome our new faggy overlord
>>
If this happens I'll never visit 4chan again.

Been here since 2006.
>>
>>77705
You will be back there is no escape. I been here since 2005.
>>
>>77511
4chan is us and should be run by us.
>>
>>77710
Okay good luck paying to keep it up.
>>
>>77700
As if moot wasn't a pole smoker,
and a jew
>>
For every cyberbullying thread I can counter with 5x the threads of anons who convinced other anons to not commit suicide. There is filth and shining examples of human beings on this site. Kinda like life.

I hate assholes, but being a dick shouldn't be outlawed if you don't physically harm others.

Also, thought Hiro wasn't selling?
>>
>>77722
>cyberbullying
Just say bullying, there is no difference between the two.
>>
>>77723
There is a great difference between being trolled by some Aussie anon on a Cambodian kino imageboard and being punched in the face.

With one you can forget the thread existed, and realize these people have no idea who you are unless you give them information. The other is harder to escape.
>>
>>77551
is it really? I'm feeling frustrated at this news. Hopefully your fucking with us
>>
>>77742
There is enough Google services connected to this place to pretty much make it their property. Don't you think they would leave a site like this alone? I mean, being the data miners they are, this is considered a gold mine sometimes.
It's not like Google does all bussiness above the table.
>>
Fuck it, better than Hiro in my opinion.
>>
>>77646

best reason i've seen.
>>
>>77549
I'd be afraid of him forcing /pol/ into other boards somehow

he probably understands /pol/ sort of, but I doubt he gets the rest of the website
>>
>>77753
This. There are some boards that are fun to browse *because* there's little to no /pol/ bullshit.
>>
>>77549
>this guy is too egotistical
/cm/ to be renamed as /milo/ and only allowing miloposting
>>
He'll be great for anything he touches. He's a leader in this world.
>>
I don't care because this site hasn't been worth anything for nearly a decade. This is like choosing between different piles of shit.
>>
>>77769
so close....
>>
>>77532
He is a drama queen and would want 4chan to get the most publicity as possible. He'd try to leverage events to get on the Today show and talk about memes.
>>
It kind of fits. Tumblr is a SJW site and 4chan is more of politically incorrect site over all. I'm game.
>>
I personally welcome our new Gay overlord
>>
>>77608
not necessarily

correction: not really a good thing at all
>>
>>77731
There's plenty of non-cyber bullying that's more along the lines of "trolling" than being punched in the face.
>>
>>77821
Same. As long as we can still casually use the word faggot. Not as a homophobic slur, just as a general term for stupid assholes.
>>
>>77588
>I just want to quest on /tg/
Faggot
>>
>>77532
He hates anime
>>
well, we don't need a new owner, we just need a new member of the board of directors

I nominate Martin Shkreli
>>
>>78173
Your nomination means less than jack shit. That jew can go sniff around some other website.
>>
>>77511

I really don't give a shit who owns this place as long as they're quiet and don't fucking whine about money.

4chan was nonstop finance crying until it suddenly stopped, and things were peaceful and I guess doing what had to be done, without bawling at all of us about it.

Now that the hiroshima baum is running things, it's just whining about money all day again.

Get us somebody who can just pay for everything quietly and drive a board or two into shitposting seizures a couple times a month.
>>
>>77511
I hope he fails. If he does buy the site I can see Global Rule #3 getting removed and neverending /pol/ shitposting. /pol/ has a deserved reputation as the most hated board on this site and I doubt a lot of users would tolerate an owner who likes them and allows them to run amok. Moot disliked /pol/ and Hiro is neutral towards them.
>>
>>78300
It'll also dash my hopes of a /pol/ harbor 2.0.
>>
>>77745
>There is enough Google services connected to this place
I can only think of the captcha. And what kind of information does the captcha really collect?
>>
>>77549
I agree. I trust him with free speech, but not with managing the website.
>>
>>77745
Which Google services exactly?
>>
>>78143
Good.

Animefags have a containment board.
>>
>>77568
>Google buys 4chan
They do need to replace G+...

But I don't think Google is that retarded.
>>
>>77511
a fag cannot rule a troll
>>
>>77777
fugidu
>>
>>78336
Said anonymous, as he posted on an anime website.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.