[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google makes a font?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: image00[1].gif (695KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image00[1].gif
695KB, 400x400px
>Google and Monotype's new font, Noto, brings some written languages to the web for the first time

http://www.zdnet.com/article/googles-open-source-noto-free-font-covers-800-languages-including-dead-ones/

>Google has released a new open-source font called Noto, which supports 800 languages and covers 110 writing systems.

>Short for 'No more Tofu', the name of the new typeface is a nod to what people call the default white boxes that appear when a computer doesn't understand a character on a website.

>"One of the goals of the project was to support every language and every character, so one of the things we wanted to do was make sure there's no tofu for all our users," said Bob Jung, an director of internationalization at Google.

>The huge project was carried out by Google and type firm Monotype over five years, resulting in a single font in eight weights that covers 800 languages supported by the Unicode standard.

>Noto consists of 110,000 characters and 110 writing systems. To ensure consistency with Unicode, Google intends to update Noto as new characters are introduced to Unicode, such as the recent emoji updates. It's also available under an Open Font License, allowing developers to add to the design of scripts, and use them freely.

>According to Jung, the project started out as a necessity to eradicate tofu from ChromeOS and Android products and now Noto is used to display text, emoji and music symbols on these devices.
link to font:
https://developers.googleblog.com/2016/10/an-open-source-font-system-for-everyone.html
>>
I have literally never heard those missing character boxes referred to as 'tofu' in my life.
>>
>>77110
Google just trying to make memes up

OP is a fag, this an advertisement, not news.

Delete your life.
>>
>>77087
>emoji and music symbols
The expanded writing symbols is fine, but this is unnecessary bloat.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.