[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student Wears Gorilla mask to blm protest and gets arrested.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 1

File: 1474764099633.jpg (63KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1474764099633.jpg
63KB, 250x323px
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/09/29/student-arrested-after-wearing-gorilla-mask-black-lives-matter-protest/91259986/

I'd post some excerpts, but the link says it all.
>>
smh

please dont be racists guys
>>
>>75614
What is "civil rights intimidation"? I don't see why this warranted his arrest.
>>
>>75658
>"civil rights intimidation"
http://www.tncrimlaw.com/TPI_Crim/30_02.htm
>>
>>75658

Having a confederate flag, a burlap sack, a gorilla mask and tying a rope around bananas while being at a BLM protest

Each are harmless misdemeanors on their own, but when combined they form a reprehensible hate crime
>>
>>75614
We britain nanny state now.
>>
>>75716
>my feefees are hurt
>arrest him
>>
>>75658
it was obviously a mean thing to do on his part, but I don't see why he should be arrested because of it.
He didn't "intimidate" anyone either.

I'm just as stumped as you are.

>>75621
>guys

What the fuck are you even saying?

We're not /pol/, you asshole. Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>75716
>reprehensible
lol
A perfect example of how uppity faggots in the West have no clue as to what's really offensive or horrible or important any more.
>>
americans are becoming a bunch of pussies is what hes saying lol
>>
>>75785
Okay, it's not like he murdered 50 quadrillion orphans in cold blood, but it's still the sort of thing that can't be justified. It was edgy racist behavior for its own sake, and nothing else. The guy's an idiot, I'm a liberal myself and even I acknowledge that there are legitimate criticisms of BLM, however his behavior was not even remotely what would fall under legitimate criticism.
>>
would angry people burning down cities calling them protests fall into the category of legitimate criticism? i guess at this point everyones a fuckin hypocrite lol
>>
>>75660
>http://www.tncrimlaw.com/TPI_Crim/30_02.htm

and he has done none of that. i guess they just wanted to take him away from the place?
>>
>>75785
I don't understand how you could have possibly failed to detect the sarcasm in that post
>>
>>75658
relatively new laws to curb expression at which people without agency might take offense
>>
>>75621
smh was unfiltered?
smh fam tbh
>>
smh tbh fam
>>
>mocking protestors is a jailable offense
>>
>>75897
shit now ill have to start manually typing out desu and senpai
>>
>>75922
I know I was getting so used to desu I almost started automatically substituting it.
>>
>>75911
>certain combinations of protons, neutrons, and electrons are a jailable offense
>>
>>75911
>shouting fire in a theater (with people who are pyrophobic)
>>
>>75614
I go to this college.

In our college newspaper, they interviewed one of the protesters who took two bananas. There was also a meeting that evening discussing the event because so many people were offended. Yesterday we got an email saying he was expelled.

The plaza he was doing this at is actually one of ETSU's free speech zones.

rip tristan
>>
Wow this board is pretty gay. No more lulz here at the 4chan house I suppose.
>>
>>75911
No but inciting a riot is.
>>
Better he be arrested than murdered by an angry mob. Kek at everyone in this thread butt hurt over people not taking shit from racists. He wasn't hurting anyone so it's okay?
>>
>>75716
>a reprehensible hate crime
>without a victim
sure thing shekelstein
>>
>>76145
Well at least everyone got a reality check. There's no such thing as free speech in modern America.
>>
>>76234
>guy wears a gorilla mask
>people see it and riot, destroying property and assaulting victims
>it wuz his fault, me made me do it wen he wor dat mask!
>>
>>76275
>man tries to instigate a conflict by insulting and mocking protestors
>what he get arrested for, he dindonuffin!! ¡¡¡
Wait, aren't the black people supposed to be using that logic?
>>
>>76271
>get arrested for shouting bomb at an airport
>there's no free speech in my murrica!
That's what you sound like
>>
>>76295
>idiot is asshole but otherwise does nothing illegal
>bunch of idiots use his assholery to justify committing actual crimes
>the asshole is at fault
Flawless logic.
>>
>>76303
He was instigating
He wasn't just being an asshole
He was instigating them
If people are instigated by someone, they're not using him as an excuse, they have been instigated
Your logic is retarded but you are as well so I'm not surprised or bothered
>>
>>76234
And this is nothing at all like inciting a riot. Inciting a riot is encouraging people to riot, which he did not do by any stretch of the imagination.

>>76301
>handing out bananas is the same as shouting bomb
>>
>>76295

Insulting and mocking protestors is now sufficient cause to arrest someone?
>>
>>76301
>inciting a panic by telling people their lives are in danger is the same as political mockery
>>
I remember when Bush was president there were multiple cartoons showing him as a chimp or a monkey. Then when Obama was elected there was no caricatures of him as a monkey, despite him having similar facial structure.
This is the same issue, just blacks getting a free pass at criticism or mockery because of the current engineered political climate.
>>
The subtle racist harambe memes make sense now wow
>>
>>75754
It's illegal to wear a mask in Tennessee. So because he wore a mask there was a reason for him to at least be fine, but because it was racist, it's now a hate crime.
>>
>>75833
It was the mask that got him. That's why he got arrested.
>>
>>76145
Some one reported a girl saying the N word at Mizzou last week. She was near a fraternity when they found her, and the people who reported her to the police started yelling slurs and threatened not only the girl, but the fraternity. The fraternity is now on academic probation and all the students in it are now facing expulsion. We all have to go to a meeting every month about stuff like this now, apart of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion's new program.
>>
>>75614

It was an 8/pol/ guy.

Not even joking, I was in the thread.
>>
>>75716
Why is mocking someone a misdemeanor? The fuck kind of law is that?
>>
>>76323
there is no such thing as instigation at all.
It's an excuse for sub-humans to blame someone else for their own low intelligence actions.
>>
>>75658
Nothing. He wont be charged with anything.
>>
>>76368
>>76369
Bullshit. They probably just wanted to take him away because they knew the blacks would get violent. They can't hold him in jail for anything as he has broken no laws.
>>
>>76394
Pretty sure that's the joke. Nothing he did was a crime.
>>
>>76413
delusional
>>
>>76416
Factual. The first amendment is on his side.
>>
>>76295
>insulting and mocking protesters
>crime
pick one, and only one
>>
>>75621
$0.02 has been deposited in your bank account. Thank you for #CorrectingTheRecord!
>>
>>76413
>They can't hold him in jail for anything as he has broken no laws.
Wearing a mask is illegal. Anon clearly said that. That alone would qualify as breaking the law.
>>
>>76448
XD it's funny because everybody that's not a white supremacist is just a paid shill lololol!!
>>
>>76479
Even if you're not; the fact you think your feelings matter more than the free speech of others marks you as a regressive shill.
>>
>>76482
Racists don't deserve free speech.
>>
>>76533
go back to tumblr.
>>
>>76540
go back to stormfront
>>
>tfw harambe returns only to be lynched by BLM protestors
>>
I'm pretty sure that is not a hate crime. If BLM can specifically target the sect of white people for their peaceful protests, without fear of persecution, the same can be said the other way around. I'm not a liberal hater by any sense of the phrase, but the term "hate crime" in and of itself has been taken out of context, and this is due to liberal influence and a seemingly distorted sense of equality. This kind of focus on ridiculous events such as this is the very reason why civil unrest is growing in America. Political parties are beginning to use dirty tactics to weasel their way into infringing the constitution, and I'm no Nostradamus, but I'm foreseeing some ugly things in the near future because of this.

Man, I hope whoever takes office this November can clean this mess up once and for all, it's bringing America backwards.
>>
>>75614
I'm pretty sure they arrested him for his own safety , he would have been lynched other wise.
You got to pretty stupid to try to do what he did.
>>
>>76589
The BLM guys were all pretty calm about it. Some were joking along with him and taking the bananas he offered.

I've talked to a few of the guys there since then and they've all said it was inappropriate but still pretty funny.
>>
>>76533

Yes they do, but they should expect people to jump on their shit too.
>>
>>76482
Sure, and that applies to the OP of actually arresting him. It has nothing to do with simply saying "don't be racist"
He shouldn't have been arrested but he's still a racist asshole, and believing that doesn't make me a paid shill
>>
>>76533
People that think racists don't deserve free speech don't deserve free speech
>>
>>76645

Literally this. Trying to take away someone else's rights is grounds for losing your own rights.
>>
>>76645
>>76754
You forfeited your rights (and thus your ability to legitimately claim that others are undeserving of rights) the moment you decided to jump to the defense of racists.

>>76648
Kill yourself stormfront nazi.
>>
Arrested for his own safety tbh woulda got his face kicked in for "bean rasis" then there police would have to explain why a kid getting pistol whipped by peaceful protestors wasn't violent
>>
>>75754
It wasn't intimidation, but imitation, which can also be a crime.
>>
>>76323
Remember, if someone commits terrorist acts when someone makes a movie about Mohammad, it's their fault.
>>
>someone counter-protests to bring attention to Harambe
>mistake it as a racist gesture
>commit crime because of it
I'm glad my state is going to be washed away soon along with myself in it, I can't stand this shit anymore.
>>
Whether or not I find this hilarious pretty much hinges on whether or not the rope is supposed to represent a noose.
>>
Nigga identifies as a gorilla and/or wants to pay tribute to Harrambe and gets jailtime.
Real classy.
>>
>>76847
Terrible logic lol
>>
>>75621
>please dont be racists guys

Being against crime makes you racist in the eyes of BLM. They are also very sensitive to anyone trying to use statistics.
>>
>>75621
Stfu faggot
>>
>>75614
Should have pulled his dick out
That way he could have said it was for Harambe
Everyone would have posted a million fucking stupid memes about it

Goddammit I hate you people
>>
>>75807
>waaaaah! You can only think and say what you want when I say you can!
>>
>>77108
Wanna explain how fag?
>>
>>76824
>you forfeited your rights
Incorrect
>>
>>76824
Hokey smokes bowinkle, we're gonna need a bigger boat
>>
>>76846
Imitation of what? Did they actually think there was an ape lose in their protest? People will do so much mental gymnastics to put people in jail because they're butthurt
>>
>>75807
>criticism must meet my arbitrary definition of legitimate in order to be legal
>>
>>76466
Not him, is this the same deal as France with the "we have to be able to identify you at all times!"? I'm assuming the reasoning is to make it easier to identify someone who commits a crime but what's stopping them if theyre going to commit a crime anyway?
>>
>>77904
>hurr durr I can engage in racist harassment with no consequences because the Constitution says freeze peach

>>77906
Just because you believe you have rights, doesn't mean you do.

>>77909
How is this in any way legitimate criticism? It's basically "lol black people are monkeys epic meme xddd".

>>77910
People are less likely to commit crime if they think they're going to get caught.
>>
>>78161
You're actually retarded.
How unfortunate.
>>
>>78171
That actually isn't an argument.
How unfortunate.
>>
>>78193
There was no argument to respond to.
You claimed that
>>76824
>You forfeited your rights (and thus your ability to legitimately claim that others are undeserving of rights) the moment you decided to jump to the defense of racists
Which is false.
You also claimed
>Just because you believe you have rights, doesn't mean you do
When basic classical liberal thought, what this country was founded upon, requires an implicit ethical belief in natural rights.
Neither of those positions you supported with empirical or analytical arguments.

Probably because you're a stupid liberal hippy nappy headed nigger .
>>
>>77910
The point of this French law was to ban full burka without banning a religious thing (because constitution and human rights) nor acceptable hair-hiding veils (like nuns have).
Banning masks was a side effect (although Anonymous was getting popular at the time), the identity check is an excuse.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.