[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pepe the Frog Is Listed as a Hate Symbol by the Anti-Defamation League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

File: 1438117183904.jpg (209KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
1438117183904.jpg
209KB, 500x703px
>http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/pepe-the-frog-is-listed-as-a-hate-symbol-by-the-anti-defamation-league.html?

What am I going to do with all these frog pictures
>>
http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/pepe-the-frog.html
>>
Sell all Pepe, buy banana.
>>
>>75158
Southern poverty Law is seperatist hate group!
History repeats. "Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee" expelled the whites members in 1966, decided to become violent, & helped create separatist support groups (Feminist, La Raza, Southern poverty Law).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_Nonviolent_Coordinating_Committee
These Salem witch trial cults don't represent anyone but their own pro-abusive lifestyles.
>>
>>75246
t. /pol/
>>
Wasn't the anti defamation league run by the mafia for years?
>>
>>75158
It sounds like ADL is saying that Pepe itself is not a hate symbol, but that it can sometimes be used as one. That's fine.
It doesn't look like ADL is taking the same absurd stance of SPLC or the Hillary campaign, where they just said that Pepe in general is a symbol of white supremacy
>>
Reminder this started because an "alt-right" spokesman held conferences and claimed pepe for the "alt-right" movement.
>>
We did it lads
>>
>>75265
Senpai noticed us?
>>
>>75158
Feels bad man
>>
>>75247
Not an argument.
>>
>>75158
FUCKING NORMIES

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>75158

>The majority of uses of Pepe the Frog have been, and continue to be, non-bigoted.

> Though Pepe memes have many defenders, not least the character's creator, Matt Furie, who has called the alt right appropriation of the meme merely a "phase," the use of racist and bigoted versions of Pepe memes seems to be increasing, not decreasing.

>However, because so many Pepe the Frog memes are not bigoted in nature, it is important to examine use of the meme only in context.

>The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist.

>However, if the meme itself is racist or anti-Semitic in nature, or if it appears in a context containing bigoted or offensive language or symbols, then it may have been used for hateful purposes.

This pisses me off. I don't give a shit about normies discussing memes or whatever (i don't even like pepe that much) but what are they accomplishing? They admit the majority of uses are non-hateful. To me this is playing into the hands of the alt-right who claimed Pepe as theirs. The ADL are re-enforcing the alt-right's mentality that the media and politicians are trying to silence them.
>>
>>75251
Yeah, they do sound more reasonable than a publicity whoring politician (all of them).
>>
>>75246
Separatist hate groups are only okay when they're white? Really makes the 'ol brain cells fire
>>
>>75255
Several of the articles also cited a twutter account, and that account has since admitted it was just trolling the media
>>
>>75281
I still don't know what an alt-right is, or why a group of non-existent people suddenly popped up over the last few months. In less than a year, no one will ever use the term alt-right again, because it's a buzzword used in the media. To me, it seems like a way for Democrats to mock working class republicans... Again.
>>
>>75355
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neuzEen7N1E

The people at the WN conference at the end of the video claim they are the "alt-right". They also say things like "We are pepe! We are memes!". Blame them for making people like Rachel Maddow think the alt-right is a real thing.
>>
>>75355
>working class republicans

Neocons like Karl Rove called you all "Nascar Dads" and "Security moms". You're saying "alt-right" is worse than that?
>>
>Alex Goldman, a host of the podcast Reply All, which tells stories about the internet, described 4chan in a recent show as “like a nightmarish cesspool that is full of offensive stuff.”

Yup, that's about right.
>>
>>75355
Alt-right is a new-fangled normie term for /pol/tard
>>
>>75355
>>75382
For about two years now there's been a group of people calling themselves alt-right (Goldbug, Popehat, etc). They're half monarchists, half corporate fascists, and all /pol/.
>>
Has the meaning of bigotry changed? Not native speaker but I thought someone was a bigot if he didn't hold himself to the same standards and laws he holds others to. Which is why people were called racist biggest, right? (Because they didn't permit other races the same standards they have)
Google says a bigot is someone who dislikes differing opinions. Was this always so?
>>
>>75383
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4hrj7b/what_the_altright_is_doing_to_establishment/
>>
>>75158
PEPES inflation incomming
>>
>>75363
*with some really good discussion sprinkled in
>>
>>75158
>at work
>have 5 free minutes
>let's check 4chan, news
>see this thread
>read the article
>get to this paragraph:

Alex Goldman, a host of the podcast Reply All, which tells stories about the internet, described 4chan in a recent show as “like a nightmarish cesspool that is full of offensive stuff.”

>laugh while everyone looks at me

I know no one will find this funny

>fuck the normies, today was a good day
>>
>>75483
>nightmarish cesspool that is full of offensive stuff
that's the best kind imho
>>
>>75474
Good one
>>
>>75466

Yeah, it's always been like that. The word you're thinking of is "Hypocrite"
>>
>>75466
My friend try to puzzle through the 200 year definition shift of liberal and you will get most of your answer
>>
>>75255
Milo gets 4chan, but that's about all he gets. His speech against Islam was a disappointing pile of christfagging.
>>
>>75274
You're not an argument.

>>75355
alt-right is basically:
>/pol/
>breitbart
>/r/the_donald

Most aren't really working class, just edgy millenials.

>>75466
That sounds more like a hypocrite than a bigot. And saying a bigot is about disliking differing opinions doesn't really make sense with how the word is typically used, even if some dictionaries define it that way. For example most would say that racism and sexism are forms of bigotry, but being a specific race or sex aren't an opinion you have.
>>
Fug
>>
See kids? This is what happens when you dont let old memes die.
>>
>>75266
Yes
>>
>>75247

g fk yrslf
>>
>>75383

Not really.
>>
>>75251
Then why even list it at all?

"We all know the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is not himself a hate symbol.. but someone might Photoshop a swastika on his sleeve so we better list him here as well"
>>
>>75648
The difference is that the there have been many many racist pepes. A lot of anti-semetic ones in particular. And if you look into it the ADL is mainly a jewish rights group.
>>
>>75158
Kekekekekekekekeeeeek. **cough** *thinks about how retarded the ADL* This is what happens when normies take our shit.
>>
>>75255
Which all turned out to be utter bullshit aimed at trolling a retarded journalist.
>>
>>75355
"alt-right" is the new "fascist" as the latter was getting stale as an insult
>>
>>75162
>http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/pepe-the-frog.html

> Though Pepe memes have many defenders, not least the character's creator, Matt Furie, who has called the alt right appropriation of the meme merely a "phase," the use of racist and bigoted versions of Pepe memes seems to be increasing, not decreasing.

colour me surprised
>>
Christ fags ruining everything for everbody
>>
>>75576
>Most aren't really working class, just edgy millenials.

Bullshit, TRS radio often discusses blue collar issues, namely the impact of unregulated immigration. I am a paramedic and I think of myself as right wing- both the liberals and Neo-cons have abandoned the white, blue collar demographic, so naturally they would form their own political movement.
The funny thing is everyone screeches for a 3rd party movement, but when it arrives in earnest, suddenly they change their minds since it isn't following their ideals.
>>
>>75882
You mean jews anon. ADL is a jewish intimidation group.
>>
>>75483
> going to work
>>
>>75878
>colour
It's color Uk fag
>>
>>76232
America is the only country that uses Color you burgerspeaker. He could be Canadian.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.