[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

black men could have the right to flee from police

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: massachusettsbanner.png (426KB, 750x440px) Image search: [Google]
massachusettsbanner.png
426KB, 750x440px
Massachusetts court finds that black men have the right to flee from police and it should not be deemed suspicious if they do because of the relationship they have with police.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2016/09/20/mass-high-court-black-men-may-have-legitimate-reason-to-flee-police
>>
Black men who try to avoid an encounter with Boston police by fleeing may have a legitimate reason to do so — and should not be deemed suspicious — according to a ruling by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.

Citing Boston police data and a 2014 report by the ACLU of Massachusetts that found blacks were disproportionately stopped by the city's police, the state’s highest court on Tuesday threw out the gun conviction of Jimmy Warren.
The SJC concluded that police lacked reasonable suspicion for an investigatory stop in this case.

Matthew Segal, the legal director of the ACLU of Massachusetts, called the decision "a powerful ruling" that demonstrates what role courts can play in addressing community concerns about policing.
>>
They have the right to run, not the right to not be pursued, huh? Kind of like allowing someone to hold a loaded gun to their head, but disallowing them to pull the trigger. Also, in a world of equality and gumdrops and sunshine, how could a liberal say something that excludes other races?
>>
Fucking hell it's all downhill from here.
>>
>>74922

The point is that it's not gumdrops and sunshine. The court directly states the police is acting racist as a whole and thus puts pressure on the police. Policemen now can't just randomly shoot black people and justify it with "he was acting suspicious! I swear!"
>>
>>74941
To be fair, they couldn't do it before. But rules never stopped them before, huh?
>>
>>74945

They obviously could as police officers got away scotsfree with bullshit excuses like "he was acting suspicious" all the time and the court having trouble proving him wrong as he killed the only witness. Now with this rule they can be convicted if they kill black people for convenience and can't talk themselves out with subjective bullhshit excuses nobody can prove wrong anymore.
It's sad that a rule like this is necessary for that and it goes to show how deep corruption and the lobby runs.
>>
>>74960
But all that completely circumvents the judicial system.

Cops, as you say, get away scotsfree because wrongdoing cannot be proved in a court of law.
>>
>>74963

True. But as I said, the point is that police has now been officially and openly ruled racist, which puts pressure on them.

The police as a whole needs to be reformed.
>>
this should have been titled #fuckthepolice
>>
>>74912
Isn't this basically the fourth amendment?
>>
>>74966
>some stupid nigger judge declares all of the police racist
>this now becomes intrinsic fact
Fuck off
>>
>>75105
Not quite cause 4th amendment blocks search and seizures where this is saying they have the right to run as soon as they see a police officer and if the officer goes after them it can be held against the officer because the suspect has reasonable cause to flee because all cops are racists
>>
>>75170
Lawfag here. This is a fourth amendment issue. The police need probable cause (reasonable suspicion that you're committing a crime) to search you. In this case, the police tried to show that they had probable cause to search the defendant because he fled from them, and that flight is evidence the defendant had consciousness of guilt. This court said no it's not, because innocent black men might run when they see police because they are afraid of being profiled and harassed. Therefore, the fact he ran when he saw police isn't probative (doesn't make it any more likely he was doing something wrong) without more evidence. So the police failed to show they had probable cause and the search was illegal, so the gun they found on him is excluded from evidence.
>>
>>75180
>>74912
this is a good law

courts finding that cops are generally speaking people to be feared and that ordinary citizens should be able to run away for fear of persecution is a landmark step towards de-nazifying (or whatever you wanna call fucking militant cops) the police force
>>
>>75217
fuck off
>>75180
>agreeing with the clearly bullshit ruling
>>
>>74941
>Policemen now can't just randomly shoot black people and justify it with "he was acting suspicious! I swear!"
Yes because this happens every day, right? Christ you liberals are fucking retarded.
>>
I've been running away from the police my entire life and I've never been to jail. I've never committed a felony or any major crime, but I used to sneak out after curfew to watch drunk Irish guys fight out in the streets. Police would always come and I got spotted in trees or bushes a few times. Fun times.
>>
>>75217
Ahh but if you are white this ruling doesn't affect you or if your a woman, they are arguing that only black men can fear police therfore they can run. But if anyone else runs it's still suspicious
>>
>>75180
In this specific case I agree with you, they had no probable cause to stop those guys and finding the gun is irrelevant to the case but the president they are trying to set is shit
>>
Only blacks? This is discrimination tbh
>>
How about a ruling requiring cops to be white? and only China man sell donuts
>>
>>75222

It's not really bullshit. Cops in America have way too much power they can abuse. Anything that gives more rights to the citizen is beneficial to reduce police brutality
>>
>>75223

>Yes because this happens every day, right?

Yes?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/the-counted-police-killings-us-vs-other-countries
>>
>>75310
>only black men can flee from police without question
>>75311
>the Guardian
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>75313

>Genetic fallacy

Yeah nah, you can fuck off
>>
>>75315
The Guardian is a horribly biased and unreliable news source with little to no Journalistic standards.
Their comparisons do nothing but put "LOOK AT BIG BAD NUMBER" (and ignore population size).
U.S. fatal shooting by police has been steadily reducing every year, and crime is still on a 15 year low.
However it is up about 6% ish for this year.

The U.S. has a very effective policing system and you cannot unilaterally declare them
>Racist nazis
Like some uninformed 15 year old "death to pigs" moron that you are.
>>
>>75317
>>75315
and ignore population size, culture, gang culture, and so on.
You cannot simply flatly compare the U.S. Police force to other countries.
ESPECIALLY not
>U.S. "unarmed black men" killed in 5 months
vs
whatever the fuck.

There is no effective compatible metric.
>>
>>75315
Like Jesus Christ look at this
>https://imgur.com/p4NZZhk
You trying to defend your viewpoint by saying I am fallacious is not very effective.
Put your dunce hat back on.
>>
>>75320

>6 bullets fired by police in Finland in the WHOLE YEAR
>17 bullets fired at a single person armed with a stone

Are you fucking retarded? What are you even trying to prove here? How does this pic not perfectly show how trigger happy US police is?
>>
>>75319

It's funny because the US is a shithole more comparable to Afghanistan than any of the first world countries.
Actually not even in Afghanistan that many people are shot every year.
You'd literally be safer living in Afghanistan than in the US
>>
>>75317

Except that they literally compared countries to single cities and states to show that population size has literally nothing to do with US cops having exorbitant homicide rate.

But of course you knew your argument was bullshit which is why you tried to discredit with the genetic fallacy instead of bringing this argument in the first place
>>
>>75323
Do you understand that Finland is a relatively homogeneous state, with tight nit local communities, a low crime rate, and zero gangs?
It's an improper comparison.
The reason police "fire so many shots" is because you don't stop shooting until the threat is eliminated. That's basic self defense firearms training.
>>75324
This is just bait at this point.
The poorest people in the U.S. far outclass the lower middle class people in Afghanistan.
They have acess to health care, stocked grocery stores, and an unlimited number of more amenities than some goat fucker in the desert does.
Did your ass and mouth switch places because you're spewing insurmountable amounts of bullshit.
>>
>>75326
>comparing incomparable things to prove a specific point is valid
>you pretending to not know what a garbage fucking source the Guardian is
Come back with Reuters.
>>
>>75327

>The reason police "fire so many shots" is because you don't stop shooting until the threat is eliminated.

Literally no first world country does this. They all have trained police forces. The US is the only first world country with untrained shitters that face no consequences when unloading their whole magazine on an unarmed person
>>
>>75327

Do you know that you can pick ANY country, not just Finland and none of them have retardedly high police killings and shootings like the US?
>>
>>75328

Except they are very much comparable. It's ridiculous how bad the US because the numbers seem so unreal, that's what makes the comparison unbelievable in your opinion, but the truth is, the US police is just one of the worst in the entire world. Third world countries have better trained police than the US. It's BY FAR the most the murderous police force in any first world country.
Finland fires 6 bullets ALL YEAR. Can you even imagine that? And it's not like Fins are all Saints. They have just as many criminals and dangerous people as any other country. The difference is just that finnish police is actually competent.
>>
>>75333
>third world countries have better police trained than us
This is bait.
>>
>>75334

Not really. US Cops receive hardly any training at all and their homicide rate shows. It's hard to find a place on earth where Police kills more people than in the US. Maybe Brazil.
>>
>>75337
I don't have to prove a negative.
You have to prove a positive.
The Guardians methodology is wholly flawed.
You then have to compare the numbers to both population size, and crime rate.
Then weigh it against gang activity and so on.
This court ruling is nothing more than more judicial activism for some nigger judge deeming unilaterally that "cops r rayziss, Blakie can run free!"
>>
>>75332
Ok ,I pick Brazil, oh looks like you're wrong :^)
>>
The whole eastern part of the state is going to shit. I take solace in knowing that this guy will 100% get another gun and potentially rob/murder a neo lib, just continue to be a nigger in general, and if he stays in this state that the police will be watching and waiting for him to fuck up every time that he does because of how politicized this case was made to be.
The mayor of the city im in thats just outside of boston hung a big BLM flag right outside of city hall. A BBF kek.
>>
>>74912
This is pretty fucking stupid. Deal with the underlying reasons for their concerns, don't legitimize fleeing from the cops. That's a horrible precedent.
>>
>>75337
the phillipines, more than 3000 since June
>>
>>75543
I agree they are not addressing the actual problem. Isn't this internist racist, look at it from an objective view a demographic is given rights that the entire population dosnt share. This sounds familiars becase it is discrimination
>>
>>75332
I pick Mexico!!, WRONG!!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.