[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Massachusetts Supreme Court Says Blacks Have Reason To Run From Cops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 43256.png (60KB, 721x475px) Image search: [Google]
43256.png
60KB, 721x475px
Black men who try to avoid an encounter with Boston police by fleeing may have a legitimate reason to do so — and should not be deemed suspicious — according to a ruling by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.

Citing Boston police data and a 2014 report by the ACLU of Massachusetts that found blacks were disproportionately stopped by the city's police, the state’s highest court on Tuesday threw out the gun conviction of Jimmy Warren.

In its ruling, the court made two major findings: The justices said police didn’t have the right to stop Warren in the first place, and the fact that he ran away shouldn’t be used against him.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2016/09/20/mass-high-court-black-men-may-have-legitimate-reason-to-flee-police
>>
>>74257
Its really pretty sad because recently they had an officer shot and apprehended said suspect without use of deadly force. ACLU is becoming a joke sadly.

http://m.wcvb.com/news/police-officer-shot-in-boston/37331906 in January but it was this year. I initially heard about it on Jeff Ross' new special where he roasted the Boston PD.
>>
>>74258
This ruling wasn't based on anecdotes but scientific facts.

https://aclum.org/app/uploads/2015/06/reports-black-brown-and-targeted-summary.pdf
>>
>>74263

Scientific facts doesn't make it impenetrable also what I posted wasn't based of anecdotes either.

The thing is saying they're targeting blacks or people of color when unfortunately some are disproportionately committing crimes is sure to skew the results. Not saying it doesn't happen just saying that its fact is a stretch.
>>
>>74269
But what you're saying was taken into account.

>Even after controlling for crime, Boston police officers were more likely to initiate police encounters in Black neighborhoods and to initiate encounters with Black people.
>>
>>74269
LOL white trash got BTFO by >>74271
>>
>>74257
>Police doesn't have the right to stop a person
What?
>Niggas have the right to run away from police and it shouldn't be a reason for the police to try and stop them
What?

The fuck is going on in this stupid fucking country?
>>
>>74274
Fourth amendment
>>
http://www.snopes.com/massachusetts-run-from-police/
>>
WHAT'S TRUE: The highest court in Massachusetts cited a "document[ed] pattern of racial profiling of black males in the city of Boston" as cause for black men to be disinclined to interact with officers.

WHAT'S FALSE: The ruling didn't explicitly state or establish as law that "black men ... have good reason to run from police."
>>
>>74274
Fuck off statist cuck.
>>
>>74276
Hey, that's pretty Free as in Freedom.

Anyway, the last question still stands.

>>74279
Hurr a durr.
>>
Of course blacks are targeted. They are the ones doing crime. Who else are they going to stop and investigate? Asians?
>>
In the 90's black people tried to fight back against the police and only succeeded in making the mainstream of America "tough on crime". Today, black people are acting the way liberal hipsters would if they felt their lives were being threatened. That black lady who called 911 on the cops, for example. This is going to create a moral crisis among educated middleclass Americans and hopefully lead to substantive reform of the way shootings by police officers are handled in the legal system. And, of course, while institutional racism remains, such liberal reforms will mainly help what few white hippies that do get stopped by police.

So win win for liberals. Librul guilt is actually a mechanism for using real social problems to make it easier to be an idiot pothead if you are a white kid from a middleclass family.
>>
>>74271
>Even after controlling for crime, Boston police officers were more likely to initiate police encounters in Black neighborhoods and to initiate encounters with Black people.

Because black neighborhoods and the majority of the black population falls into areas with higher population density and urbanization, meaning there's going to be a larger police presence. Moreover, there are far more white communities and neighborhoods than black ones, again, which lower populations/population densities and smaller police forces.

No one ever seems to control for population or population density. I wonder why.
I also wonder why people think crime rates and policing rates are supposed to necessarily be proportional with the percentage f the population these groups represent.

This all wreaks of social pseudoscience.
>>
>>74273
Literally went full retard over a simple discussion and have to resort to calling me white trash. Please no don't drink thay bleach on the counter anon nooooo.
>>
>>74277
>>74278
>>74371

^
Hmm these anons get it, I'm sure the nice police man won't shoot the dindus who run now fpr sure.

Whose BTFO now? Remind me again?
>>
>>74377
you are the low IQ trash retard who cant even comprehend a simple sentence lol
>>
>>74397
Shut up bitch
>>
>>74258
The ACLU has always been a joke. A liberal joke and the punchline has been the unraveling of American society.
>>
>>74343
If they aren't doing anything, they shouldn't be stopped
>>
>>74397
>>74447
12 year Olds in the thread
>>
>>74257
How long until they try to justify murder because it's in their nature?
>>
>>74479
>"Despotism would be loads of fun!"

Shit bait, mate.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.