[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dashcam shows mentally-ill man shot 14 times as he flees Sacramento

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 57e24b84c3618807398b4602.jpg (78KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
57e24b84c3618807398b4602.jpg
78KB, 900x500px
>Sacramento police have released three dashcam videos and one surveillance video which show the pursuit and killing of 50-year-old Joseph Mann, who was shot 14 times by police.

>Video and audio recordings were released by Sacramento Police Chief Sam Somers on Tuesday after mounting pressure from the mayor, members of the city council and Mann’s family, who called for more information surrounding the July 11 shooting.

>“It’s unprecedented for us to release video prior to the adjudication process,” Somers told reporters. “There are times that we’re in today, sometimes it’s important that we come out with this video or this audio.

>“It’s a very disturbing situation when you have to see someone lose their life and it’s captured on video.”

>Officers were called to the scene in Del Paso Heights by two 911 callers who claimed to have seen a “mentally ill” man armed with a gun and brandishing a knife. The knife allegedly involved in the incident was later found, but no gun was located.

>The disturbing footage shows two officers fire 18 shots at Mann, 14 of which hit him, following a five-minute pursuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aACuTepSIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um9K5pvqPCo
https://www.rt.com/usa/360133-sacramento-police-shooting-mann/
>>
>>73809
>mentally ill

Getting tired of these excuses
>>
I like how after all their looting, pigs still 'can't afford' to carry nonlethal stun devices, long-range tasers, tranqs, beanbags
>>
THE COPS DINDU NUFFIN!
>>
>>73841
>nonlethal stun devices
Cops carry these but are only very short range, are single shot and are quite unreliable.
>long-range tasers
These don't exist.
>tranqs
Tranqualizer darts take way to long to work, also not enough tranq and it'll just make him high, too much and it'll stop his heart. There is a reason they are only used on animals.
>beanbags
May work, but can only be fired from a long gun which is too unweildly for most situations other than seige or riot control.
>>
If a criminal or suspect is fleeing, why are cops allowed to shoot them? Running away isn't an act of aggression, so why should it be handled aggressively?
>>
>>73856
Bullets are faster than legs.
>>
>>73846
You're full of shit if you say they can't develop a short magfed beanbag shotgun. The civilian market could piece one together right now.
>>
>>73856
They're not allowed to, hence the lies and lawsuits, you moron. What I cannot figure out is why these people continue to commit crime in 2016, when everything you do can be tracked. The good news is that it keeps them busy on these important issues and cases instead of pursuing copyright cases.
>>
>>73856
The suspect has been labeled a danger to the officers and public so cops can be justified by their training to shoot. If he was unarmed then that is when the investigations get ugly. In this case with no officer having a Taser and the suspect using a knife, which is the hardest to deal with as one lunge can easily cover 10-15 feet training dictates they shoot. The only thing I question here is why the one officer kept his firearm raised while running using only one arm to support the weapon. That is just poor discipline as he doesn't have full control and if he was one who fired there should be a reprimand for such action.
>>
>>73856
They're afraid the suspect has mastered the Speed Force and is preparing to run all the way around the globe and use the momentum to deliver a devastating punch to the officer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326s1ISaVRI
>>
>>73919
this. cops are fucking pussies. death to pigs.
>>
>>73919
Then we need to give them power armor.
>>
they did nothing but escalate from the moment they saw him. Mann didn't do the right thing either, but then his job isn't to deal with unlawful behaviour.
>>
>>73877
>one lunge could cover 10-15 feet
Is he Mr. Fantastic? Can his arm stretch that far?
>the man was a threst
>non of the officers had non lethal options
The guy was a threat only so long as they tried to cuff him. If they had waited for backup with non lethal alternatives, this would've ended better
>>
>>73872
Been tried already the reduced powder load (to actually keep the been bag at less than lethal speeds) simply doesn't cycle properly in semi action shotguns hence the pump action. As for a shorter barrel I am ok with more accidental lethal hits to the face how about you. I agree we need better options but technology, cost, and effectiveness are all critical factors for mas deployment. So realistically pump action bean bag is all we have for somewhat reliable distance
>>
>>74052
Google tuller drill and sometimes you don't have much in the way of backup especially in rural areas (or underfunded municipalities). Sucks that it happened but one less in revolving door treatment that I have to deal with at the psych center
>>
>>74055
They should've maintained a safe distance, then
>>
that man was not hostile and could have been approached... unless you're a pussy.
>>
>>74747
He violated their "safe space", they were "triggered"
>>
>>73809
And nothing of value was lost
>>
You're all full of shit. This guy was mentally fucked, probably high. But, if they had planned on shooting, they should have waited til he was closer, just for appearances, at least. Otherwise, corner him and then use non lethal. In the end, the streets are safer without that guy alive.
>>
Once the cops yell "get down onna ground" and you go charging and posturing and yelling, your ass is gonna get shot.
Why is this so tough to comprehend ?
>>
>>74906
>>74902
>>74907
Cops are killing people when there are safer ways of resolving the situations like these.

You are niggers. Get lynched.
>>
>>73919
Topkek
>>
>>74982
Eliminating the threat is the safest way of dealing with the situation. The aggressor relinquished his chance at a safe resolution as soon as he decided to be an idiot. Poor life decisions lead to consequences. As he said, the streets are safer with that guy gone.
>>
>>74907
>>75011
Because experience has taught us that if the police tell you to get down on the ground and you do it
>you absolute madman
then they'll stomp the shit out of you while you're on the ground helpless, then they'll shoot you anyway.
>>
>>75028
>hurr I saw some police brutality videos so surely this is the norm everywhere
You absolute retard
As we've seen, charging at police and being retarded lead to negative consequences. They're armed and you're not, it's not hard to figure it you should probably just get on the ground
>>
>>73872
>We can invent a thing that we need right now
>It doesn't exist because ??????
>It's bullshit that it doesn't exist!

Maybe BLM was created to get the police to have to buy a phaser from your friendly weapons tech merchant at tax payer expense.

>>74005
OW THE EDGE!
>>
What's the mental illness? Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Alzheimer's, tell me.
>>
>>75096
Probably drug addiction or alcoholism, people seem pretty keen on labeling those as mental illnesses lately. That or something made up to make the police look like monsters for shooting an innocent person being controlled by their depresso-axiephrenia.
>>
fuckin Googles so many fucking chances
>>
>>75114
drug induced psychosis is a thing, unfortunately
>>
>>73821
sacramento has a lot of crazy homeless people, actually
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bgg5Vt8MV0
Cops evil empire against an aggressive drunk rednecks. Feel the difference.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.