[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South African Universities - Conflict Between Student Structures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Footage from earlier today (Tuesday, 20 September 2016), as fights broke out between various student structures when protesting students disrupted SRC elections on the University of Pretoria's Hatfield Campus, Situated in South Africa.

>See a big white fellow throw an African student to the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DVreuiO8m8
>>
>>73598
you can take the monkey out of the jungle...
>>
>>73598
so whats the story? too many white lecturers for the black student body?
>>
>>73613
Unlikely, we have enforced (race & sex) quotas here.....

Unsure about this specific instance, but campuses across the country have (for over a year now, I think) been in a state of uproar and tensions. Primarily due to the desire for people to have 'free education'. Except, from what I've learned, none of the people protesting for "#FeesMustFall" have reached the conclusion that the funding for the "free tertiary education" must come from the taxpayers.

This may sound somewhat similair to situations in countries such as Norway of Finland, however those are entire nationstates of tax-payers -- whereas only ~15% (not sure of the accuracy of this statistic) of South Africa have high enough incomes to pay income-tax. And our taxpaying-class is already overburdened with all the over gubmint programs like free housing etc. Not to mention the criminal-level of corruption in the upper ranks of the ANC.

Effectively speaking; if the ruling politicians don't come up with a quick, clever solution to this, it could very well be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
>>
>>73632
>have reached the conclusion that the funding for the "free tertiary education" must come from the taxpayers

This isn't an unreasonable position, and in fact we have similar programs in place here in the U.S. The U.S. version is based on income, at least. If you're sufficiently poor, you could get free tuition to a community college or technical center.

Anyway, it's a cost-benefit analysis: People who receive some higher form of education tend to pursue better careers, their tuition eventually being paid back into the system via taxes. Of course, the government could go ahead and say, "Hey, we'll give you a free tuition, but you have to promise to pay it back through partial wage garnishes." It would be better than getting stuck with student loans.
>>
>>73632
Boet?
>>
South African, students at Wits university here.

This is fucking bullshit, I fully understand that students from most families cannot afford university fees.
I fully understand that I, as a priveliged white, have it far easier than any of them could imagine.
However I do not understand the sheer stupidity of these people, the majority of whose are only here to fill up government quotas.
For twenty years the ANC government has been promising free education.
Not the universities, the lieing, corrupt government. Yet now that universities are borderline bankrupt, do they take this to the ANC, who have been raping our country for the entire time these students have been alive? No, the riot and obstruct and destroy our universities, which have borderline performed a miracle running on a fraction of what they had before the ANC government.

We are weeks away from exams, yet universities have been suspended for a week and this shall likely be extended.

One case that makes me particularly angry was a riot outside the great hall of my university. The interior is soundproofed at a cost of R150000 per square metre, and the soundproofing was donated by private companies.
When the dindus were rioting they were throwing stones at the security trying to keep them out of the building. Every stone that went sailing in and destroyed a half square metre soundproofing panel is costing the university the same as an entire degree.
This is money that could have paid for their entire degree that will now have to be spent on repairs.
I see this echoed all over the place, destroying triple glazed glass panels around labs, gutting lecture theatres, looting camous shops, burning buses, vandalizing the campus: all the money that was meant to go to education now has to go to repairs, and students that would have relied on that money for their education are now out on their asses thanks to you cunts destroying things recklessly.
Cont...
>>
>>73827
I know there are other people from South African universities on here, and I want to please ask you, that when you are protesting against the necessity of the universities to raise fees thanks to government mismanagement, please don't lose yourselves and destroy your incredibly expensive environments

Another thing I would like to say is that you are being led by the SRCs, and this is literally the worst action for anyone to take.
I admire and respect the countless students on the SRCs who sacrifice their time for the betterment of their colleagues, but THE MAJORITY OF THE LEADERSHIP ARE NOTHING BUT SELF-SERVING SYCHOPHANTS LOOKING TO CAUSE SHIT AND GET THEIR FACES ON TV IN ORDER TO ADVANCE THE POLITICAL CAREERS WHICH THEY INTEND TO ENTER.
They are not there for you, they are there for themselves . Do not risk arrest and injury being pawns for these despicable examples of "leaders".

Another thing many don't realise is that these protests are not a natural occurrence, they are being orchestrated by the government. Don't forget, education is the enemy of the ANC.
Don't forget with the #fmf last year, university campuses were being rekt, curricula went into the garbage and the government praised the brave youth rising up out of adversity.
Then one bright spark got the idea that hey, it's really not the fault of our universities that the government isn't giving them the money they spent our entire lives promising, lets march on the union buildings and see what their deal is.
Remember how quickly the government stepped in to remind the SRC that they must tighten the leash on their dogs?

Comrades, don't be tools for the cunts in power that are using you to further their own careers, and most importantly, don't be fucking idiots, university is expensive, you can't just get billions out of nowhere overnight, if such a thing will ever be possible in South Africa. The fault rests entirely on the ANC for taking our taxes and spending it on their cronies.
Amandla
>>
>>73827
>privileged white
Aaannndd here we go.
>>
>>73830
Just trying to cover my ass buddy, I really don't give a fuck about that, my family came to South Africa as refugees and had to work there way up. They weren't Afrikaners, they didn't receive shit from the government, they were hindered at every turn.
Calling myself privileged is just me admitting that I'm lucky to come from a richer background than the average student. This isn't a thread about America, this is about South Africa where the term privilege doesn't mean special snowflake, over here it hasn't been corrupted by SJW shills
>>
>>73598
>Letting niggers overwhelm the country.
>After seeing what happened in Rhodesia
>>
>>73847
Fuck that I live here better not let this end up like Rhodesia
>>
>>73834
Don't worry shitholebro, most burgers have never left the country and don't realize just how different the social dynamics are in other countries, especially barely functioning places like South Africa. You should try to see if you can get into a university in another English speaking country in a continent that isn't synonymous with poverty and death.
>>
>>73987
I've got accepted into universities in the US, UK and Sweden, but at least we don't have rapefugees here and I would shoot myself if I had to go to a libtard college campus in America.
>>
>>74008
I can't speak for euros aince I haven't lived in Europe since before all the refugee shit, but American college libtardation is exaggerated like most political things in America. I'd strongly advise going for a US college, you're much less likely to be harmed if not killed just for being white. Worst case scenario, you might have to listen to some landwhale whine about "injustices"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.