[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

School bus driver saves 20 kids from burning bus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1457684268807.png (2MB, 1692x880px) Image search: [Google]
1457684268807.png
2MB, 1692x880px
Firefighters run into burning buildings, but how about school bus drivers?

Three-year veteran driver and mother of two Renita Smith went back into her burning bus Tuesday afternoon here in College Park.

After getting 20 elementary school kids out safely, she climbed back inside to make sure she hadn't left anyone behind.

Smith says she just went into "mommy mode." She had to protect her babies.

It’s started with a dashboard warning light for brakes and the slight smell of burning. She pulled over to radio the bus depot.

“By the time I got the mic,” she said, “one of my little ones said, 'No, Ms. Bus Driver, it's fire!" “I unbuckled my seatbelt, I open my door, and I got my babies off the bus.”

After leaving the children with neighbors, she worried one of the kindergartners might have fallen asleep on the ride home. "I didn't even think, I just ran in." She says there was dark black smoke rolling into the bus.

Within minutes, the whole bus was engulfed in flames.

“My biggest reward is my babies are safe. Because whenever I drive any school, they're my children until I drop them off to their biological parents.”

It was only after she got home and looked at the video from a fire service dashcam that she realized how bad it was.

"That's what brought the tears and the emotion, because of the what ifs…. And I cried, and I thanked God. And I cried, and I thanked God."

"I did what mom's do," she said.

When it was over, she hugged the kids. Neighbors and parents hugged and thanked her. But she says she didn't sleep much last night. She's haunted. She just keeps thinking about how bad it could have been.

Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused the bus to catch fire. But they know it started near one of the back wheels. And firefighters say these kind of fires are often touched off by defective brakes.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/school-bus-sriver-saves-20-kids-from-burning-bus/318045969
>>
>>72592
Don't cut yourself on those edges.
>>
Hardly news worthy, but its a nice story about a woman doing the right thing for the right reasons
>>
>>72606
Better then reading about petty crime number 24601.
>>
>>72606
Why is there an asshole like you in every one of these perfectly pleasant news threads?

>>72609
Fucking this.
>>
>>72609
>24601
Heh
>>
>>72650
Hey now. Bread crimes are no laughing matter.
>>
>break failures
Shitty American safety standard. School bus needs regular checks, what Fucking shit nation.
>>
>>72591

still a nigger
>>
Makes me happy when someone takes their job so seriously and cares about it to this extent.
>>
>>72893
no you are the nigger.. shes black
>>
It's the second coming of Harambe!
Rejoice!
>>
>>72893
Fucking white negroe
>>
>>72893
>Reply
actually end your life you subhuman pol sponge
>>
>>72592
Keep it on /b/ you daft bugger
>>
>>72653
You just can't keep shtum can you canary lips
>>
>>72591
good for her
>>
Good shit. Bus drivers don't get paid enough considering all the crap they have to take from kids every day. If she hadn't risked everything to go in and save them, I wouldn't blame her.
>>
>>73128
>whatthehellamireading.jpg
>>
>>73223
>just some smoke

Over 90% of deaths in fires are from smoke inhalation...
>>
>>72591
Not pictured: Renita Smith
>>
>>73223
Ever notice how narcissists always hate these stories? Can't stand people paying attention to someone else eh? Would you rather a news report about how you picked your ass today?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.