[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austria Postpones Presidential Vote Due to Faulty Ballots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/12/world/europe/ap-eu-austria-elections-.html

>VIENNA — A second attempt this year to elect Austria's president was postponed Monday when the country's interior minister said envelopes of absentee ballots frequently couldn't be sealed due to faulty adhesive strips.

>The delay must be formalized through a still-to-be-created law. But in asking the government to draft such legislation, Interior Minister Wolfgang Sobotka effectively canceled plans to hold the vote Oct. 2.

>The presidency originally was to have been filled in July, after left-leaning contender Alexander Van der Bellen edged out Norbert Hofer of the right-wing Freedom Party. But the country's highest court ordered a rerun after the Freedom Party claimed major irregularities.

>The court decision was seen as a victory for the Freedom Party, giving it more time to exploit widespread anti-migrant sentiment in favor of its candidate. Recent polls have given Hofer a 4 to 6 percentage-point edge over Van der Bellen.

>Monday's unprecedented development means that Austria will remain without a head of state for at least two more months. Shortly after Sobotka's announcement, the center-left government coalition agreed to hold the vote on Dec. 4, leaving time for legislation to be drawn up and passed by parliament, as well as for printing and distributing new absentee ballots and envelopes.

more coverage:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/defective-envelopes-delay-austrian-election-rerun-1473680560

related:
http://www.thelocal.at/20160911/hofer-calls-for-hitler-birth-house-to-be-demolished
>>
One postponement I can understand, things can happen that get in the way. But a second postponement makes me feel like someone is trying to set something up behind the political curtain and needed more time to get ready.
>>
>>71992

Because the ones who bullshitted all those thousands of votes in their favor are realizing they're going to lose, terribly, and they keep trying to delay it.
>>
>>71986
The powers that be don't want a ballot while a spate of terrorist attacks committed by Muslims is fresh in peoples minds.

The powerful have decided that Europe will take millions of muslims every year in order to grow their economies.
Democracy is an illusion.
>>
>>72343
>"It's a conspiracy, man!"

>>>/pol/
>>>/x/
>>>/trash/
>>
>>72347
The whole reason they're doing elections again is because the votes were proven to be rigged, retard. Read the actual fucking article before getting triggered and directing people out of your safe space.
>>
>>72347
You tell 'em, anonymous. Giant unelected bureaucracies that control the better part of a continent should always be given the benefit of the doubt, and would never betray it's own honor by performing some dubious acts behind the scenes for something as fly-by-night as massive political power and profiteering.

At last I truly see.
>>
>>72400
yeah right anon, all 2.4 million employees of the federal government are against the 'common man'.
>>
got damn australia
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.