[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Space Program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

Recently i watched a podcast talking about how Russia was able to make a satellite, launch it, and possibly get signal from a new civilization is the Hercules constellation they also said that they received something.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2016/09/mystery-alien-signal-from-hercules-constellation-was-from-a-russian-military-satellite-russian-news-.html

Does anyone know more about this?
>>
http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/29/alien-signal-from-space/#!
TL;DR: it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>71207
seconding this, makes for a good clickbait headline though.
>>
>>71206
ayyy lmao
>>
I agree with you fellow human beings, there is nothing to be alarmed about. The transmission was in no way sent from that region of space telling invaders to begin the slow takeover of the planet. That is quite humorous HA.......HA........HA.

Please, let us all return to our normal lives of consuming mass quantities, entertaining ourselves with primitive technology and pay no attention to this incident HA.....HA.
>>
>>71206
>Russia was able to make a satellite, launch it

Are you seriously surprised at that? Seriously?
>>
It wasn't a satellite though, it was ground based observation.
So the likelihood that it was an actual signal from that region of space is very low compared to the likelihood of it being a terrestrial signal.
The best part is that they've waited more than a year to disclose it so there's not really any way for any other countries to use better equipment or a satellite based observation platform to verify if it is an extraterrestrial signal or not.
>>
CHEEKY BREEKAYYY LMAO
>>
>>71383
Yea
>>
>>71294

OK, Ted Cruz
>>
>>71437
You're pretty goddamn uneducated if you didn't know that Russia has had a strong space program for the last 60-70 years. Did you not know about the space race? All of that infrastructure and knowledge didn't just disappear after the Berlin Wall fell.

I know it's a "poor country" but read a book for fuck's sake.
>>
>>71437
>>>71383 (You)
>Yea

Why, considering Russian space program history?
>>
First man in orbit, multiple lunar landers, mir space station, best rocket engines that USA can't match and had to buy from Russia until sanctions, just a few things that come to mind.
>>
>>71472
>I know it's a "poor country"

No need to put that in quotations. Russia *is* a borderline third-world shithole. Wasn't always that way, but it is now.
>>
>>71476
Depends how you measure it's wealth. It's full of natural resources, so it will always have something to sell even if no one buys their cars. Otherwise their main exports were always military and rocket technology.
>>
>>71476
Being a third world shithole just means your ppl are poor, but you can still make rockets and atomic weapons - India, north Korea, Pakistan...
>>
>>71441
Kek
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.