[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wild turkeys attacking people in Foxborough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1464813109853.jpg (54KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1464813109853.jpg
54KB, 960x640px
Flocks of aggressive wild turkeys are attacking people in Foxborough, according to local animal control officer Sue Thibedeau, who said it’s such a prevalent problem that she’s lost count of the number of incidents -- and the number of bad birds.

“I thought it was limited to a trio [of turkeys], but they’ve enlisted their friends,” she said.

Thibedeau said the problem is caused by people feeding the wild birds, which makes them so comfortable around humans that they “incorporate people into their pecking order.” Literally.

She said she’s had calls from all over town, most recently on Mechanic Street, of turkeys running at people and pecking and kicking them.

She advises the public not to act intimidated and instead to “appear bold and intimidate the turkeys” with what she called “humane harassment.” She recommended running toward the big birds, yelling at them, waving brooms or spraying them with a hose.

“It might sound nasty, but it’s a kindness,” she said, noting that the ultimate alternative is euthanasia. “They cannot be relocated by state law; if they’re removed, it’s lethally,” she said.

Thibedeau has consulted with a turkey biologist from the state, who told her that the key is getting people to stop feeding wild turkeys. “That is always the root of the problem,” she said.

Another option she’s jokingly considered is “handing out cans of cranberry sauce” so people can brandish them and remind turkeys of what’s served at Thanksgiving.

Thibedeau has been Foxborough’s animal control officer for seven years and said this was the first summer she’s been swamped with turkey complaints.

American turkeys almost became extinct in the 1930s, but have made a huge comeback, thanks to efforts of groups like the National Wildlife Federation, which estimates that as many as 7 million wild turkeys live in North and Central America.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/south/2016/09/07/foxborough-has-wild-turkey-problem/zTtz7s1SuODQHBNna9QXaL/story.html
>>
Fucking birds.
>>
The Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA16PNZ8-2g
>>
Perhaps the locals could try killing and eating them

just a thought
>>
>>71273
That is illegal via state law
>>
>>71327
What? Why?
So if they get removed from town they're killed and dumped somewhere, but if I'm hungry and pissed at turkeykind I can't shoot one and cook it for dinner?
>>
>>71332
Not legally no.
>>
>>71332
They should allow hunting of turkeys they are everywhere in the north east and are becoming a nuisance.
>>
>>71335
Some thing with Egrates and Canada Geese in Wichita. They need to aloe hunting
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.