[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ISIS bans burqas, claiming they pose a threat to security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: finedining.jpg (46KB, 1178x1072px) Image search: [Google]
finedining.jpg
46KB, 1178x1072px
http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-bans-burqas-islamic-state-deems-hijab-security-problem-iraq-2411854

In a not so shocking twist of events, ISIS has discovered the security problems associated with forcing half of its population to assume the appearance of identical faceless garbage bags (or the perfect ninja disguise, if that's how you choose to look at it).

>Militant leaders banned burqas after a group of veiled women carried out attacks against several ISIS commanders, according to media reports Tuesday.

>Women wearing burqas will no longer be allowed to enter buildings in Mosul, an ISIS stronghold, while wearing the full-body covering. Instead, they must wear gloves and gauze to cover their eyes.

>ISIS' morality police will continue to require women to wear the burqa outside of Mosul's new security rule...

Pretty unrelated to the article, but for the sake of fact-checking:
>While burqas are mandatory in Iran...
This is untrue. Everything except for the face is supposed to be covered in Iran.

And for your understatement of the day:
>ISIS has a poor record when it comes to women's rights, according to a recent Human Rights Watch report.
>>
>>71114
doesn't that hurt their legitimacy if they ban burqas?
>>
>>71465
b8
>>
Actually an iranian flase flag.
>>
>>71519
Source?
>>
>>71114
>Instead, they must wear gloves and gauze to cover their eyes.
That's kinda hot.
>>
>>71745
What if gauze on their hands, feet, and around their eyes were the only thing they were allowed to wear?
>>
>>71114
Better question to ask is who created ISIS, and where are they getting their funding. Because, if they were truly a religious even radicalized they would wear those burqas regardless.
>>
Bizarre move seeing as i recall hearing they've killed/beaten women for not wearing their Burka's.

Almost makes me think they're doing this to strengthen conservatives stance on the issue. The more power con's have on these issues, the more anti-muslim hate-speech will be spread and the more legitimacy ISIS will have.
>>
>>71791
>>71784
>if they were truly a religious even radicalized they would wear those burqas regardless.

I don't think that anyone outside the group has claimed that ISIS follows a particularly faithful interpretation of Islam. Their leaders use religion as a political tool and little else. When their rule is endangered (as it currently is), they can just whip up a fatwa that says "oh yeah, if wearing burqas is a security threat to the """""""caliphate""""""", you don't have to wear them".
>>
>>71825

oh man the irony of this

>300 years ago
>some men get fed up with being a bigger nation's bitch and oppressive rule
>boom, America. freedom, privacy, all that noise strongly protected
>fast forward
>we dont owe you privacy if it means defeating ISIL

>daesh sick of degeneracy
>enforces radical morals
>suddenly its working against their security
>gottastayinpower.jpg
>"lel no more burkas bcos security"
>>
>>71791
>http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-bans-burqas-islamic-state-deems-hijab-security-problem-iraq-2411854
>>71825
>>72398

do you guys even know the concept of taqiya? if they are threatened, they can modify some requirement and even lie about being a muslim.
trust me, isis is islam in all its glory. stop lying to yourself and look at the problem heads on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.