[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why gentle giant Baron could be Australia’s biggest and friendliest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/rouse-hill-times/why-gentle-giant-baron-could-be-australias-biggest-and-friendliest-dog/news-story/fac640dda48bb9a9eebd0d0a899163a2

>WHEN you first meet Australia’s biggest dog, Baron, it’s not only his massive size which immediately catches your eye but his gentleness.

>For an animal reported to be Australia’s biggest and heaviest dog at 113kg and 9.5 horse hands — Baron is certainly a winner when it comes to making friends as the lines at dog shows prove.

>So much so that the two-year-old English mastiff could be soon visiting schools and hospitals as a therapy dog as proud Hills handlers Mark and Dorothy York, plan to do.

>“Baron is the biggest dog in Australia but not the tallest as great danes are taller,” Mr York said.

>“He is still growing and will grow until he is nearly four-years-old.

>“Baron, who was adopted as a 18-month-old from Queensland, can still grow until he is four and probably beat the heaviest dog we know, an US-based mastiff who weighs 127.5kg.

>“The lady in Queensland was unable to look after him and we got him in February.

>“English mastiffs are among the most gentlest dogs and we have had them for the past 30 years.

>“Baron eats about two steaks a day and along with French mastiff, Chelsea, cost more than $200 a week to feed.
>>
>Chelsea weighs 45kg and more active than Baron.

>“Baron eats a lot, he has meat and biscuits for brekkie, chicken necks for a midday snack and meat and biscuits for dinner with extra vitamins and oils, some pilchard or sardines, egg, pumpkin and veggies.

>“He also gets brown rice or pasta and dog food company looking for a star, we have one for them.”

>Mr York, a champion angler here and overseas and a torch bearer during the 2000 Sydney Olympics, said they have been trying to get Baron officially recognised for his size in Australia without luck.

>“He is a very laid back dog, gets on with everyone and other animals,” Mr York said.

>Baron, who is available for stud duties, won best junior dog award at the Royal Melbourne and first place at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.

>Baron’s measurements are impressive: In horse terms, he is 9.5 hands tall but when he stands on his rear legs is a towering 201cm (6 foot 6 inches).

>The dog, visits a chiropractor regularly, has a 127cm chest (50 inches) and a 86.36cm neck (34 inches).

>And according to his owner, his already massive head could grow even bigger.

>But Mr York says Baron is a gentle giant and has already passed his assessment to be a therapy dog, calling into schools and hospitals.

>For Mr York and his family, this is the fifth English mastiff they have looked after.

>“Our previous biggest do, Zaac weighed 110kg and lived till he was 11 years,” Mr York said.

>Baron, who along with Chelsea is a big snorer.
>>
>The English mastiffs are one of the oldest breeds of dog dating back to before the Romans,’ Mr York said.

>“He has been assessed for becoming a therapy dog, calling into schools and hospitals and passed with flying colours,” Mr York said.

>“He will start his training soon. He is a very laid back dog, gets on with everyone and all kinds of other animals.

>“He is my constant companion when I go fishing.”

>And as celebrities do, Baron also has his own Facebook page: Baron the olde English Mastiff.
https://www.friendbooj.com/Baron-the-olde-English-Mastiff-243508256012683/?fref=ts
>>
>>71021
That's a big doggo.
>>
>$200 a week for food
I wonder how much for other needs?
>>
>>71046
Meh, I've seen bigger
>>
>>71021
>9.5 horse hands
What the fuck?
Why do fucking Aus faggots use fucking Horse HEads, of all things, to measure shit?
>>
>>71021
Whoa, it's Clifford.
>>
Dog dick isn't subtle.
>>
>>71122
There's no way they need to pay that much. You can buy cheaper meat. I feed a BARF diet to my two shepherds, and we don't spend nearly that much and they eat 2kg of raw meat per day each.
>>
>>71153

Because that's the universal measuring standard for horses, dumbshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.