[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scottish Leader Calls for 'New Conversation' on Independence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/09/02/world/europe/ap-eu-britain-scotland.html

>LONDON — Scottish National Party leader Nicola Sturgeon says support for Scottish independence is growing and that the time is right for a "new conversation" on independence because of Britain's decision to leave the European Union.

>The Scottish First Minister said Friday her party would set up a website to gather public input on a possible independence referendum. A "listening exercise" with the goal of speaking to 2 million voters was also announced.

>She spoke nearly two years after Scottish voters rejected independence in a referendum.

>Sturgeon stopped short of calling for a second referendum but says the United Kingdom had fundamentally changed since then because of the Brexit vote in June.

>She says Scottish voters were being taken out of the EU against their will.
>>
While I'm inclined to agree that Scotland should have the right to leave the UK, I can only imagine an independent Scotland would flounder and basically become Greece 2.0
>>
It's like they are jealous of the Irish.
>>
>>70483
Every three months this same conversation.
> every time the same result
>>
>>70488
>Greece 2.0

Scotland has oil
>>
>>70514
They also gave GTA
>>
Venezuela had oil
>>
What happened to the Great British empire?
>>
>>70483
If I were Scottish I'd vote leave now too
The differences between them and England politically have become so big it would be silly to force them to be one country anymore
>>
>>70525
How did you fuck up that badly?
>>
>>70525
Hey newfag
>>
>>70634
Lmao
>>
Scotland is literally Argentina tier, trying to start shit with us to distract from the fact they're being run into the ground by incompetents.
>>
Scotland wanting to separate itself from England, just to submit itself to the even worse EU. It's proof that leftists worldwide are complete idiots.
>>
>>70772
What exactly is wrong with the EU?
>>
>>70774
are you fucking braindead?
>>
>>70814
Just curious what you would say.
>>
Hahahaha Scotland knows it cant survive Without leeching off the European tax payer
If youre in the EU you shouldn't want this either
>>
>>70815
Its not a democracy and yet they want to preside over more than just economics as originally intended. American textbooks to this day still describe the EU as a nonpolitical Union.
Unelected Buerocrats are bad news
>>
>>70615
oil price fucked up
>>
>>70835
This is a textbook redneck post, comment on bureaucracy when you can spell it or at least check the spelling online.

>Unelected Buerocrats are bad news

Cringe...
>>
>>70488

Not if British companies that want to stay in the EU move to Scotland
>>
>>70852
Eu already said they're not interested in Scotland, just the UK
Also Scotland wouldn't even meet the requirements to join
Snp seem to forget if the vote for independence passed they'd have taken Scotland out if the Eu themselves
>>
>>70867

>Eu already said they're not interested in Scotland, just the UK

Sauce?
>>
What will even change for Scotland if they leave the union?
>>
>>70831
We hate the Britons enough to give a few cents to Scotland and Ireland.
I mean, we already helped with Murica's independence, might as well finish the job of stripping the Queen's of her lands.

>>70943
>What will even change for Scotland if they leave the union?
They can join the union if they leave the union, because the union leaves the union.
>>
>>70815
>>70835
>>70849

Well not that guy, but how about the fact that it's basically cannibalized and ruined the economies of smaller nations who, frankly, should never have been allowed to join. There's a reason most of the nations in the EU are economically shitting themselves. Greece, Italy, Spain. Funnily enough, Spain used to have a very strong economy.

And then we can also look at the shitshow the EU made out of the Yugoslav war, trying to make sure that every other European nation would leave it alone, to not give weapons to either side and let them fight it out. Do you know why they did that? Do you? Because they knew that in the Yugoslavian Union that Serbia had all the military armaments. That if left alone they would be able to soundly beat the living shit out of the Croatians and the Bosnians. Never mind the war crimes and the massacres that the Serbians committed. The Srebrenica Massacre for example. And do you know why the EU did THAT? Yugoslavia owed them money. And if Yugoslavia splintered, there would be nobody to pay the EU back their money.

Amazingly enough, it was the Americans who put a stop to that. The USA basically told the EU to go fuck itself and gave weapons and assistance to the Croatians and Bosnians.

How the fuck can you say a Union ready and willing to let people be slaughtered en masse to profit from it is a good union? Especially when we've overthrown leaders around the world for claims that they did shit that was even less terrible than that.
>>
>>70872
Not the whole of Europe. Just specific countries. I know Spain especially won't allow them to join the EU if independent as the don't won't Catalonia getting the same idea.
>>
>>70990
Oh. Well. Neither the Union nor any of its members send the army.
How is the Union, that doesn't have an army, is more "bad" than each of its members, who have armies that serve as both European and personal army?

A rather neutral vid on the subject : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSgAiM0d8A
(good channel btw)
>>
>>70946
>the Britons
That include the English, the Welsh, the Scottish, the Irish, the Manx, and the Cornish.
you mean the English.
Anyway, kill yourself, cheesy, frog-eating, surrender monkey.
ENGLISH NUMBER ONE
>>
>>70543
Called the Anglosphere now, mate, or the West, or NATO, Etc.
Anything England needs, we stand by her.
t. America & friends
>>
>>70849
>Grammar autism
>Caring enough to spell check a 4chan post on a /pol/ 3.0 board
Hahahaha
>>
>>71291
>implying the anglosphere isn't currently the Great American Empire

Nice try, Achmed.
>>
Good riddance to them.
>>
>>71309
The Great American Empire is the descendant of the Great British Empire.
It counts.
>>
>>71401
>>71309
Anyway, I'm American, I just realize that the British Empire is the greatest one in all of history and that it's not over yet.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.