[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More clowns spotted trying to lure kids into woods in South Carolina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

>GREENVILLE, S.C. — Greenville County Sheriff’s Office deputies have increased patrols after several new clown sightings.

>WSPA reports the first incident occurred on Aug. 21 when kids saw clowns in the woods, attempting to lure them with green lasers and money.

>The second incident occurred on Monday when a young girl called the sheriff’s office to report a man taking pictures of kids. She first saw the man taking pictures and another male emerged from the woods dressed as a clown.

>The man taking pictures of the children was riding a blue bike and the other male was wearing a black jacket and a clown mask.

>Deputies are investigating the incidents and have been unable to find enough evidence to validate the claims.

>Officials also responded to a clown sighting at an apartment complex Tuesday night. A resident allegedly confronted the clown, but he quickly left in a vehicle.

http://myfox8.com/2016/08/31/more-clowns-spotted-trying-to-lure-kids-into-woods-in-south-carolina/
>>
>>70337
creepy as fuck tbh fam
>>
>>70337
Does no one there have some trail cams? The clowns can't be everywhere all the time. Just sneak in the woods and plant some trail cams. Maybe one or two men in deerstands waiting also.
>>
I'm hesitant to believe these account, obviously from their bizarre nature and lack of viable evidence, but this is not a new phenomenon. Cryptozoologist Lauren Coleman has tracked a few cases, which he introduces as "phantom" clown.
>This horrific, unsettling series of phantom clown appearances started in May of 1981, when Boston police began to receive numerous reports that mysterious men brightly dressed up as clowns were riding around in a dark van, following or driving up to elementary school children and attempting to entice them to follow or go along with them. In some cases the clowns were said to use candy or toys to help lure the children, and in one particularly creepy account one of the clowns in question was said to be dressed as a clown from the waist up and completely nude from the waist down. At around the same time, mysterious clowns were also seen in the nearby city of Brookline, where they were said to drive about in an older model black van with ladders on the sides, a broken tail light, and missing hubcaps, and were most frequently seen in the vicinity of elementary schools. The reports and complaints filed concerning clowns harassing children became so persistent, and provoked so much profound unease in parents that Investigative Counselor Daniel O’Donnell of the Boston Public School District sent an urgent memo to all of the schools in the district saying: It has been brought to the attention of the police dept. and the district office that adults dressed as clowns have been bothering children to and from school. Please advise all students that they must say away from strangers, especially ones dressed as clowns.
Apparently this has also occurred in 2008 near Chicago and 2014 in California.
>>
Do children even like clowns anymore? Clowns have the subject of horror for decades now. Like, who would want to follow one into the woods?

I think it'd be more effective if you painted Nintendo on the side of a van and asked kids if they wanted to test the new Mario game out.
>>
very likely just a publicity stunt for "It"
>>
>>70363
Trying to lure children into the woods is a bit too far for a public stunt, I think.
>>
Every wonder what a clown has under his nose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asm62bKZJHI
>>
>>70380
is this some /news/ exclusive form of shitposting?
>>
>>70381
It's commercial spam. Report and hide.
>>
some shit like this happened in my town in the uk around 2014 at night its a pretty common phenomenon tbh, mostly because fear of clowns is super common in our town's case it was a publicity stunt for some new movie by some dumb students or something but it still freaked the fuckout of everyone at the time there was even one rumor of a child being taken authoug i doubt this to be true
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1G0v1JCCIA
>>
>>70364
You'd be surprised how far some have gone.
>>
>>70337
Okay my question is, how the fuck have none of these clowns been caught yet?
How many times have people called the cops saying "there's a fucking clown outside my house holy shit help" and no clown has yet been brought in by the police?

Has anyone actually spoken to the clowns? Have the clowns ever said a word to anybody? How the fuck has nobody just pulled out a gun and shot one of these goddamn clowns?
>>
>>70524
>clownlivesmatter
>>
I just started reading It today and this is the first fucking thread I see on this board

I hate everything ;_;
>>
>>70363
Must be a very fun job. Risky and a bit stupid.

>>70524
It's a prank bruh! It's just a prank!!
>>
>>70354
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>70337
When you want to scream...put away that frown and don't be scared of a clown...
>>
>>70524
because people get spooked and then tell stories and spook other people into thinking clowns are following them everywhere. people are very suggestible.
>>
This is some crazy viral marketing for the It remake
>>
>>70842
They're on to us boys, run for the woods!
>>
>>70337
nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope
>>
>>70809
You can even convince people that they're really born the wrong gender
>>
>>70901
>being this much of a one-track /pol/tard that you have to inject your political views in completely irrelevant situations
>>
im pretty sure stupid people are falling for this.
>>
>>70337

Who the fuck is scared of clowns? Is it just a meme fear like spiders or the ocean?
>>
>>70908
not that guy but who cares
>being this annoyed by absolutely nothing
>>
>>71035
>fears that become memes means the fears aren't real.
>>
>>71035

It's a common fear. Because humans are good at facial recognition and like being able to read emotions. Fear, happiness, and lots of other body language. Clown makeup covers all that up and makes the brain wonder why it can't read the face. Then your mind assumes that if you can't, the person must be hiding something and hiding shit is seen as shifty and bad in human behavior. It works the same way uncanny valley does. If it's human we can read it, if it's too inhuman we don't expect to and it's fine. But somewhere in the middle the brain doesn't know what to make of a human or humanoid figure that we can't read and that can spark fear.

I'm not scared of clowns either, but at least the fear makes sense like heights and spiders. I can see why people would be afraid of it even if they are being complete pussies.
>>
I live literally right there, in Winston by 52 where this is happening.

There have been more reports just today, people are getting really on edge here. There are cops driving around asking people about clown sightings.

This won't be a mystery for much longer though, due to the high rate of gun ownership around here. I guarantee one of these clowns will be shot if they keep appearing.

There are a lot of woods and trees in this area. The atmosphere has been tense, this shit is creepy. People thought it was a hoax at first, but now we are seriously concerned.

They should relocate again for their sake. They're close to both low income neighborhoods and concealed carry carolina citizens, there will seriously be a killing.
>>
>>71128
I'm sure they knew that going in. It's not like they'd mistake the place for a rich area. And it's southern so they obviously all have guns.

That's the scarier part. They knew that shit and still went right on in doing this shit. Stunt or not, they're some ballsy motherfuckers.
>>
>>71128
>>71134
Have you considered the possibility that the clowns aren't just ordinary people wearing costumes?
>>
>>71135

No, because so far there's been nothing strange or paranormal reported about it. And every other case of weird clowns popping up lately has all been normal people looking to creep people out because people just remembered It is coming out in like a year.

And I bet it's gonna be shit.
>>
>>71128
>>71136

You see this movie before, anon?

https://youtu.be/PrFl800iYWI?t=26

Have you considered...
>>
>>71135
go back to /x/
>>
>>71128
I'm working with WSPD for the semester and hoo boy, we've had a field day with calls about clowns here and in Greensboro. Apparently some dude called GPD to report it while he was chasing the clown into the woods with a machete. It's a nuthouse out here.
>>
Sounds like kids doing a bad prank to me.
>>
>>71139
all you gotta do is shoot them in the nose
>>
>>71247
If you've ever wondered why the population's going down, blame it on the plunder from the likes of the killer klowns.
>>
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/08/31/Police-investigate-clown-scare.html

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/32939176/man-in-clown-mask-chases-boy-at-columbus-bus-stop
>>
>>70337
Im starting the movement kill all clowns
join today
>>
>>71366
You need a catchier name than that if you're going to attract members.

How about the Kill Klowns Klub?
>>
This is some /x/ level shit. Did the news hit /x/ yet?
>>
clowns are sexy, fuck off you ignorant cunts. IM FUCKING TRIGGERED BY THIS.
>>
>>71366
Hey man I make an honest living doing parties and hopefully soon joining a carnival late fall.
>>
>>71372
Yes, but there's no such thing as a rational discussion on /x/. Unironic Kek threads are some of the most popular right now and the mods don't even bat an eye. I swear, 90% of its posters are schizophrenic teen girls who lap up /b/ and /pol/ posting because they don't have an ounce of brainpower to think for themselves.
>>
>>71391
I feel really bad for honest clowns. I enjoy them, but the media's fascination with maligning the profession is hurting the profession.

I blame Stephen King for starting it.
>>
Nice mass hysteria we got here.
>>
>>70363
>>70364
Village Roadshow Pictures going hardcore on the ARG.

>tfw your "viral marketing professional" says the company should kidnap kids to generate publicity
>tfw they actually do it, the absolute madmen
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.