[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photographer of controversial Ukrainian combat photo ‘dismissed’

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: meh.ro10588.jpg (23KB, 289x292px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10588.jpg
23KB, 289x292px
Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense announced on Sunday Muravsky’s dismissal in a Sunday statement that said the “public reaction” to a series of Muravsky’s photos had led to Defense Minister Stepan Poltorak’s decision to dismiss him.

The controversy surrounding Muravsky’s photos–and if they were staged or not–is particularly sensitive as the Ukrainian government has sought to distance itself from any potential comparisons to its Russian counterpart, which has been accused of spreading propaganda in an effort to win over public perception in the now two-year-old conflict between Ukrainian troops and Russian-backed separatists.

“The Ministry of Defense recognizes the work of [Dmitry Muravsky]. [The] Defense Agency has received a lot of his high quality and artistic design photos that were never considered by the Ministry as documentary or real war photos,” the statement said. “Ukraine has always adhered to the principle of uncompromising truth and transparency in its war against the Russian aggression, including Russian propaganda.”

Business Insider published an article featuring the images titled “Images from the front lines of Ukraine are a vivid reminder that there’s still a war going on in Europe” and then-Ambassador to Ukraine Geoff Pyatt tweeted the photos as “Amazing new images from the #Shyrokyne front of Ukraine’s forgotten war – outside #Mariupol.”

Muravsky had been hired on June 16 to help “establish the Information and Coordination Centre for volunteer photographers, cameraman, artists, filmmakers and scriptwriters” that would “allow them to create a high quality content” for Ukrainian armed forces, according to the Ministry of Defense’s statement regarding his dismissal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/08/29/photographer-of-controversial-ukrainian-combat-photo-dismissed-from-duties/
>>
>>70208
So what is to stop the guy from getting a job with another non-Ukrainian-government press organization?
>>
>>70208
That stroller tho
>>
>>70208
>Gee it wants me to put a picture with the post, what should I put?
>Should I put the controversial Ukranian combat photo that's the entire fucking focus of this article?
>Nahhh this is 4chan, gotta be EDGY!!!
>I know, I'll go with Hitler! But not just Hitler, Hitler smiling and saying "Mein Neger"!
>Yeah, now THAT'S edgy!
B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>70438
Especially since /news/ doesn't even require OP to post an image.
>>
>>70434
Stroller not the problem. There is a pic where they use it as a cart to ferry ammo crates.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.