[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump in Mexico today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 1

File: 90[1].jpg (132KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
90[1].jpg
132KB, 1160x629px
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/why-is-enrique-pena-nieto-meeting-trump-227586

>Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto’s standing in the polls has sunk to record lows, and a new plagiarism scandal isn’t helping. So maybe meeting with a guy even less popular than he is could bring the Mexican public back to his side?

>That’s one theory being considered Wednesday as Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump — a man who once called America’s third-largest trading partner an “enemy” — prepares to visit Mexico City later in the day. Trump's approval rating in Mexico, according to a June poll, was 2 percent. Peña Nieto is hovering around 23 percent.

>Still, the fact that the Mexican president invited Trump (as well as Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton) with less than three months to go in the U.S. presidential race has befuddled many observers of Latin America.

>"Why Peña Nieto wants this meeting is a total mystery. No matter how it is spun, it raises candidate Donald Trump’s profile and legitimacy," said Peter Schechter, director of the Adrienne Arsht Latin America Center at the Atlantic Council. "It will be unpopular with Mexicans, with the Hillary campaign, with all Americans who are worried about attempts to mainstream Trump."

>Former Mexican President Vicente Fox told CNN’s “New Day” early Wednesday that Peña Nieto "is taking an enormous political risk" by hosting Trump. If Peña Nieto is seen as "going soft" on the businessman, Fox warned, "it will hurt him greatly."

>It's possible Peña Nieto issued the invitations thinking neither candidate would ever show up. But it’s also possible that Peña Nieto could use the opportunity to upbraid Trump and defend his country, something many Mexicans may appreciate after being treated like a punching bag for months on the Republican campaign trail. The pair are due to host a press conference after their meeting Wednesday, giving both a stage to air grievances.
>>
Trump will win him over despite past rhetoric. Hillary is universally unlikable, which is why she avoids press conferences like the plague.

Trump '16 - Make America Great Again
>>
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-31/mexicans-awaken-in-shock-and-awe-to-news-of-donald-trump-s-visit

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/08/31/what-mexican-leaders-have-said-about-donald-trump/89643608/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-considers-last-minute-meeting-in-mexico-with-the-countrys-president/2016/08/30/5a694790-6f12-11e6-9705-23e51a2f424d_story.htmlhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-considers-last-minute-meeting-in-mexico-with-the-countrys-president/2016/08/30/5a694790-6f12-11e6-9705-23e51a2f424d_story.html

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/trump-visits-today-for-meeting-with-epn/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/31/trump-agrees-to-meet-with-mexican-president.html

http://time.com/4473985/vicente-fox-donald-trump-interview/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/why-is-enrique-pena-nieto-meeting-trump-227586
>>
>>70080
Shill la shill
>>
>>70080
Kek. Hillary is the second least likeable candidate in polling history. Trump is literally the only one less likeable than her.
The fact that he's losing badly against such an easy y candidate to beat is embarrassing
>>
>>70104
It's infuriating
Someone like Cruz or Romney would be running circles around hillary
>>
>>70119
Probably not because they would be running on the same Reagan-era trickle down economic policies that Trump is running on. The only difference is Trump's trade policy.
>>
Apparently the speech went over very well.
>>
>>70137
If you mean he didn't cause a major international incident by insulting them and presenting a bill for a future border wall, then sure, it went over well.
>>
¡JaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJaJa!
Bravo Pena Nieto, Bravo.
>>
>>70104
It's hard to beat her when people with low IQs accept the lies that the media feeds them. For example, the people that think he is a sexist and racist moron and refuse to believe their beloved Hillary would do anything bad or harmful to the world. It's sickening.
>>
>>70150
>the people that think he is a sexist and racist moron
They think that because Trump says sexist and racist things.
>and refuse to believe their beloved Hillary would do anything bad or harmful to the world.
I think most Hillary voters recognize that whatever she would do would leave the world a lot less worse off than the cockamamie shit Trump is proposing.
>>
>>70151
The problem is you can't trust what Hillary says who is to say she won't change her mind or propose some truly vile proposals? She only says what people want to hear in order to consolidate her power she is not to be trusted. At least with trump he says what he believes.
>>
>>70153
>At least with trump he says what he believes.
If you believe a lifelong million/billionaire when he says he understands the little guy making $20k a year then I guess you get what you deserve.

Some of us in this country just don't believe the government should be run like a fortune 500 company no matter if the CEO with the MBA is named Bush or Romney or Trump.
>>
>>70159
I would rather take that gamble then side with a typical politician. If he turns out to be just as bad as Clinton oh well I won't vote for him in 2020
>>
>>70153
I seem to remember trump being a pro choice anti gun registered democrat a couple years back
He does a 180
And you exact me to just take him at his word?
>>
>>70161
No you'd still vote for him
>>
>>70165
I expect nothing from you I am simply stating how I will vote and my reason, you are free to vote however you please.
>>
>>70153
>Trump says what he believes
can you name even a single issue he hasn't flip-flopped on? The guy doesn't even understand what he says let alone believe it.

>>70151
Between the two of them Hillary is definitely far more sexist
>>
>>70170
>changing one's mind in an issue is flip flopping and not saying what they believe.

pls dont go full retard, or i hope youre not eligible to vote.
>>
>>70165
so are people not allowed to change their minds on political issues?
>>
>>70190
Anon, you're just trying to justify his flip flopping
>>
>>70204
Doesn't flip flopping typically apply to actions such as votes or policies i.e a politician? Until he has political power his words are meaningless without actions to back them up. Hence the gamble. In conclusion only politicians who have served can flip flop.
>>
FUCK TRUMP!!! CЛABA УКPAIHI!!!
>>
Fuck Donald trump
>>
>>70206
Flip flopping is flip flopping. Get the fuck over it
>>
>>70193
It's called flip flopping, and I don't like it
>>
>>70291
What do you define as flip flopping can anyone do it or is it limited in scope?
>>
>>70295
Hillary and Obama were both firm believers that marriage was only between a man and a woman until 2009.

John Kerry was for the authorization for the Iraq War before he was against it.

Those are classic flip flops...
>>
>>70298

Obama is a mulatto, for him anything with fair skin is a woman.
>>
>>70079
related update:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/politics/donald-trump-enrique-pea-nieto-mexico/
>Mexican president disputes Trump over border wall payment discussion
>>
http://www.wsj.com/articles/president-enrique-pena-nieto-scorned-for-inviting-donald-trump-to-mexico-1472749279

Interesting pdate from the wsj.

>A poll published in Reforma newspaper on Thursday showed 85% of Mexicans disapproved of inviting Mr. Trump, and 72% thought it weakened the Mexican government.

>With a 23% approval rating, Nieto is already the least popular Mexican leader since Reforma started keeping track in 1995.

>“People here don’t like it when their leaders play the role of the doormat, and on the street some could view this as treason,” Mr. Schettino said. “Having made the mistake of inviting him, the only way to rescue it was to show backbone. But he didn’t. He was weak.”

>On Colombia’s most popular drive-time radio program ... the host noted how physically imposing Mr. Trump appeared next to the diminutive Mexican leader. “He was so much bigger.”

kek.
>>
>>70457
>paywalled
fuck you, rupert.
>>
>>70459
Sorry my nigga try this https://archive.fo/ZGK9a

Also if you google the title of a paywalled article and go to it through google, usually the paywall disappears.
>>
>>70119
Cruz' problem is he mainly appeals to the crazy religious fundamentalist types, who are a minority in America.
Romney's problem is he doesn't know what he stands for.

>>70150
Trump has definitely said sexist/racist things. Though that's not to say Hillary is much better.

>>70153
That's literally true of all politicians though. And Trump claims to have "no filter" and always mean what he says - until someone calls him out for saying something utterly retarded, then it's all "jokes on you i was only pretending".
>>
>>70920
what things has trump said that are racist/sexist?
>>
>>70927
https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+racist+sexist+things+Donald+Trump+has+said&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
>>
>>70159
The government IS run like a fortune 500 company.

Read about the privatization of the war in afghanistan. The health insurance companies legislating their dominance over the health insurance industry. CEOs and businessmen calling journalists who write positive stories and offering them private dinners and access to power? All media is corporate media, that is not just a buzzword.

At the same time you have stagnant wages, returns on capital far exceeding economic growth, stratification worse than ever, total corporate dominance of both parties, the raiding of the treasury and tax payer money by wall street gamblers, who avoided any prosecution or regulation whatsoever under the "liberal" Obama.

How do people like you exist, where you can at once decry the corporate state and then vote for its continuance? Do you not realize that the corporate state has long since taken over the government? Do you not realize that Trump is merely an opportunist and not some corporate overlord? If he was like Reagan, the same people who put Reagan into power would be supporting Trump. But they are not. In fact, they are staying away and have given this election up entirely, moving over to Hillary or biding their time for 2020.

Read a fucking book.
>>
>>71018
>The government IS run like a fortune 500 company.
It shouldn't be.
>privatization
This is almost exclusively a GOP trope. Blame Bush and his rubber stamp congress of 2001-2006 for that, not Obama or the dems. If you think privatization off health care is bad, you should see what republicans have done to the prison system over the last 20 years. Hell, they even want to privatize social security.
>stagnant wages
has been going on since the 60s
>returns on capital far exceeding economic growth,
So you're blaming the stock market for its own success?
>stratification worse than ever, Again, since the 1960s...
>total corporate dominance of both parties,
One party is far more "the party of corporate interests" than the other. See if you can figure out which one. Do you even know who Robert Mercer is?
>the raiding of the treasury and tax payer money by wall street gamblers, who avoided any prosecution or regulation whatsoever under the "liberal" Obama.
Holy shit, well thanks for disqualifying everything you wrote. If you believe that revisionist history you posted then you might as well believe Obama is a marxist muslim from Kenya hell-bent on destroying America.
>How do people like you exist, where you can at once decry the corporate state and then vote for its continuance?
I don't know who you think I'm voting for but it might surprise you to know it won't be Trump.
>>
>>71018
>>71028
>Do you not realize that the corporate state has long since taken over the government?
I don't think the corporations are colluding to control every aspect of your life. Corporations compete against other corporations, and half their legislative malfeasance is just them trying to get an advantage against their competition instead of some new world order illuminati agenda.
>Do you not realize that Trump is merely an opportunist and not some corporate overlord?
It's like you think I'm from /pol/ or something.
>If he was like Reagan, the same people who put Reagan into power would be supporting Trump.
You mean neocons?
>But they are not. In fact, they are staying away and have given this election up entirely, moving over to Hillary or biding their time for 2020.
I'm pretty sure most neocons (like Jeb Bush and his cronies, for one) are just not going to vote for president at all, or write someone in. That's what the Bill Kristols of the world say on TV at least. Who knows, they will probably secretly vote Trump anyway.
>Read a book
You should really look in a mirror as you say that.
>>
>>70927

Yeah keep in mind "Mexican" is not a race and "woman" is not a sex (it's a gender you transphobes).
>>
>>71014
>muslims constitute a race
well meme'd leddit
>>
>>71041
>Don't worry, I'm not racist, just a bigot!
>>
>>71052
>Hi I believe lies spread by the major media outlets
>>
>>71070
>Hi I get all my news from infowars and breitbart so I have no idea what's really going on in the world
>>
>>71073
>Hi I ignore points made by someone you don't agree with and use fallacies to win arguments
>>
>>71075
>Hi I parrot what the last clickbait article or youtube video I watched said and call it a valid argument
>>
>>71077
>source:my ass
>>
>>71077
Also
>clickbait

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>71079
grow up, /pol/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait
>>
>>71080
How's your karma doing, redditor?
>>
>>71080
Also

>wikipedia

>reliable source

Choose one
>>
>>71081
>redditor
Ahh yes, the cry of the errant /pol/tard who knows he doesn't have a valid argument. Cry on, little /pol/lack, cry on.
>>
>>71083
Triggered?
>>
>>71082
Explain exactly what's wrong with wikipedia without sounding like a giant tinfoilfag I will choose one.
>>
>>71085
By what? Your lack of an argument?
>>
>>71086
>>71087

Go back to your ESL Class buddy and come back when you're done learning proper english
>>
>>71089
I live in Texas and I have little respect for The English, their cold and shitty little island nation, or their language.

I speak it here only as a courtesy to you.
>>
>>71090
Sure thing mexican illegal immigrant
Remember, mexican is not a race
>>
>>71091
The Ghost of Juan Seguin laughs at your post.
>>
>>71092
The Ghost of Winfield Scott laughs at your post.
>>
>>71092
>>71093
>ghosts
Banned in China.
>>
>>71070
>I consider Breitbart, Infowars, and Youtube the only reliable media outlets

>>71075
>i I have no self awareness

>>71082
>says the guy who thinks neo-nazi fanfiction on youtube is a reliable source

>>71089
You yourself seem to have a poor grasp of the English language. There is no reason to capitalize "Class", while "english" should be capitalized. Also, "your lack of an argument" is correct; "you're lack of an argument" would mean "you are lack of an argument".
>>
>>70167
>telling people what they would do
Now you're just being ignorant.
>>
>>71106
>Fallacy: The Post
>>
>>71119
Not an argument: the post
>>
>>71257
>he doesn't know how to greentext
Lurk more
>>
>>71393
>he thinks greentext is for ebin reddit maymayz xd and not for quoting
>>
>>71039
>Mexican is a gender
kek la kek
>>
>>71429
>xD
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>71526
>what is irony
>>
Nieto's just another neolib piece of shit, fuck him.

I like how virtually NO major media outlets reported on the people being murdered over his reforms.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.