[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Domino's Launches Drone Pizza Delivery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: lunch time.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lunch time.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
you were born just in time to not have to tip anymore and not have money to tip with since you wont have a job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_30ubHfSQg

Overnight, Domino's Pizza Enterprises of New Zealand become the world's first company to offer a commercial drone delivery service, "a milestone in the quest to save time and money with an air-borne supply chain dispensing with people", it also means that yet another staple minimum-wage job has been put on the endangered species list.

Domino's Pizza Enterprises conducted a demonstration pizza delivery by drone in the New Zealand city of Auckland on Thursday, and afterwards said it aimed to be the first company to launch a regular drone service, late this year. "We've always said that it doesn't make sense to have a 2-tonne machine delivering a 2-kilogram order," Domino's Chief Executive Officer Don Meij said in a statement.

Domino's is not the first: some of the world's biggest companies including Amazon and Google, have plans to make deliveries by drone as a result of which (or rather their money), aviation authorities in the United States, Britain, Australia and New Zealand have been relaxing rules to allow air deliveries. Last month, U.S. convenience store chain 7-Eleven Inc SILC.UL conducted the first single commercial drone delivery including coffee, donuts and a chicken sandwich, as part of a trial.

Why start in New Zealand? With clear skies and small population of 4.4 million, New Zealand last year became one of the world's first countries to clear commercial drone deliveries. "Our enabling laws and regulation means we have the ideal environment," New Zealand Transport Minister Simon Bridges said after the Domino's test flight.

Domino's said it is also looking at opportunities for drone delivery trials in Australia, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Japan and Germany. Surprisingly, in the United States drones will be allowed to make deliveries as soon as next week, starting from Aug. 29
>>
>>69082
Can't wait for the news articles of hoodrats shooting down drones to steal the pizzas.
>>
>>69083
Can't wait for the news articles of policeman shooting down hoodrats who steal the pizzas.
>>
>>69086
A lot of pizza places won't deliver to "certain" areas after dark or at all. I imagine the same will hold for drones.
>>
I'll be impressed when the drone can get to my apartment window, avoiding not only the crackheads around the neighbourhood, but an unholy clusterfuck of high, medium, and low power, phone or cable lines around.

Also I would totally pilot a drone manually for minimum wage or less. Sounds like an awesome job if it's in the city, flying around while getting paid.
>>
>>69086
Can't wait for the news articles of drones shooting down customers who don't have enough money
>>
>>69114
>Don't tip deliveryman.
>Spits in your pizza next time you order.
>Don't tip drone.
>It tazes you and shreds your face in its rotors.
>>
Gets rid of a minimum wage job, but brings in opportunity for pilots and technicians. I don't see the issue.
Remember, these are jobs no one else wants to do. They were already endangered due to that fact.
>>
>>69083
>Can't wait for the news articles of hoodrats shooting down drones to steal the pizzas.

Simple. A fleet of drones who guard the pizza drone, each rigged with C4 and programmed for one to drop onto the broken pizza drone, to destroy the bounty, and the rest to seek and destroy.
>>
>worrying about uneducated wage slaves losing their unskilled worker jobs

They can't reliably automate a doctor for at least a few more decades, I'm good :^)
>>
>>69090
>apartment window

in the future, every house will have a little designated area where delivery drones can land, like tiny airports, with coordinates available in a database, clear pathways, safety rules, established hours for deliveries, etc.
>>
>>69165
>pilots

not such a thing in the future
everything will be automated, with coordinates and prefixed routes and landing spots
>>
>>69171
Any smart business will have at least one person for every few drones who makes sure they stay on course and don't encounter any interference.
>>
>>69175

yes but safety checks is not really piloting: you probably will push a red button to abort the fly and that's it

also, you can put a bit of artificial intelligence to avoid unexpected obstacles like fucking pigeons; think about what as been already done with robotic vacuum cleaner
>>
>>69178
You're right, and I'll admit I moved the goalposts a bit from the guy you originally were arguing with, but "button pusher/screen watcher" will still be a job and I doubt it'll pay less than what little pizza delivery is paid.
>>
>>69171
>le unspecified future meme
>>
>>69219
>what are GPS, transponders, radars, infrared cameras...
>>
As a Domino's driver (not for much longer, finishing my degree,) I actually welcome this. Now I don't have to find parking on your street, or navigate your property with a flashlight because you don't keep any lights on in the yard or stairwells. Now I don't have to step over the fucking toys and bags of garbage you keep lying around or gag from the rancid piss smell coming off your grandmother. Now I don't have to paint a target on my ass because you live in the fucking ghetto.

And now, you get to continue being a lazy fucking dirtbag being cucked by your imminent diabetes, and think you're so smart because you don't have to tip!
>>
>revolutionary technology
>first use is to deliver pizza and burgers to fat lazy americans

>>>/int/64018378

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>69222
>Bitter shitter
>>
>>69083
your criminal game stronk sir
>>
>>69170

That's not consumer friendly enough. The drone should be able to deliver to a window with just a bit of extra hardware.

Either enclosed rotors for tight space flying, or a fixed arm with the cargo, or some sort of retractable thing.

They will probably push for a system of no signing, just ID matching with optics, to save on hardware and weight.
>>
>>69090
This is techology for the rich, don't even worry about it.
>>
>>69265

nah, the rich have someone that can do the groceries, or even a chef; ok, let's say you just have a detached house: the drone can drop the item on your trampoline in the backyard :D

>>69263
>a fixed arm with the cargo, or some sort of retractable thing.

I assume this system is not suitable for heavy items: how big the drone should be to deliver a fridge? Never mind, if the item is 1 kg heavy, and you are at the window, you can pull out one of those nets to catch butterflies or fishes.

>ID matching

yeah, but that's easy: you just print out the code you received after paying with your credit card; I'm quite sure they will provide a nicely done PDF with an aztec code big enough to be identified "on the fly":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_Code

How to tell the drone "drop now" or "I'm ready"? Vocal commands can be sketchy if not previously trained; mmmh, I think that the catching net should be designed appropriately, even to hold the aztec code.
>>
>>69270

oh wait, if the net has a transponder, you can use it everywhere, and it doesn't even need the aztec thing if it's registered; just hold it steadily for a few seconds until the drone does its job.
>>
>>69224
>americans
>new zealand
>>
>>69082
dominos did this in australia last yr with a speccy little cunt droid named gru
>>
>>69168
>Having the most dishonorable occupation imaginable
Have fun ripping off old people you pieve of shit
>>
>>69265
>Rich
>Eating Dominos
>Rich
>Eating pizza at all unless its some overpriced genuine italian shit from italy
>>
>>69344
someone is jealous.
>>
>>69344
I'm gonna keep drinking your wageslave tears while everybody respects me for being so noble and collecting huge paychecks. Nothing you can do about it :^)
>>
>>69168
Dogs that detect cancer? Check. Fruit flies can do it? Check.

Pigeons spot cancer as well as human experts

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/pigeons-spot-cancer-well-human-experts
>>
>>69082
>not have money
How then do I buy a domino's pizza and how does domino's stay in business?

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>69168
>What is WebMD
I literally knew everything my doctor told me about my condition before going in to see her. I told her flat on her grubby little face: "what is the point of you?"
>>
>>69175
But look at what you are saying. Legions of low-paid wage slaves are being replaced with maybe one guy. With each successive generation of these technologies, fewer and fewer people are needed to service them. Where do you think this trend is going? It's already happening right now, per your own admission.
>>
>>69389
>what is self diagnosis
Even if you could tell right off the bat what is wrong with you, millions of people selfdiagnose the wrong condition every day. There are even mental disorders that cover people who selfdiagnose too much. The human body can also create symptoms via stress.

If you actually told your doctor that and didn't stutter it out like an autist "w-well what is the p-p-point of you heh", then I would tell you to fuck right off.
>>
>>69391
>boohoo I can't continue to do a shit job for shittier pay boohoo
>>
>>69403
It's all fun and games until they realise how much easier it is to steal
>>
>>69170
Sounds adorable when I read it, tiny little bits guiding the drone where to land safely with a tiny air tower.
>Fund it!
>>
So is each domino's going to hire a drone technician to replace the drivers? If not how completely fucked are they when it starts acting up?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.