[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German Government Urges Citizens To Stockpile Food, Water "In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: 2016.jpg (75KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
75KB, 960x640px
http://www.msn.com/de-de/nachrichten/panorama/b%c3%bcrger-sollen-nahrungsvorr%c3%a4te-f%c3%bcr-den-ernstfall-anlegen/ar-BBvRTLu?li=BBqg6Q9

Translated:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msn.com%2Fde-de%2Fnachrichten%2Fpanorama%2Fb%25c3%25bcrger-sollen-nahrungsvorr%25c3%25a4te-f%25c3%25bcr-den-ernstfall-anlegen%2Far-BBvRTLu%3Fli%3DBBqg6Q9&edit-text=&act=url

>After four years of preparation, the federal government now puts forward a civil defense plan, which is to be decided by the Cabinet on Wednesday.
>It is calling on the population to "stockpile a personal supply of food of ten days."
>The concept is not to be understood as a response to the recent terrorist attacks in Germany.
>To be able to provide in the event of major disasters or of armed aggression in its passing, the government wants to encourage citizens to stockpile.
>This is the first [German] strategy of civil defense since the end of the Cold War.
>The civil defense concept is not a direct response to the recent terrorist attacks in Würzburg, Munich and Ansbach or the current refugee situation. The reason is rather the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001 in the US and the Elbe floods of August 2002.

I think the translation is accurate, but if any German-speakers disagree, feel free to correct it.
>>
Also, here are two other articles discussing this proposal. One from ZeroHedge, and one from BBC.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-21/german-government-urges-citizens-stockpile-food-water-first-time-cold-war-ended

http://www.msn.com/de-de/nachrichten/panorama/b%c3%bcrger-sollen-nahrungsvorr%c3%a4te-f%c3%bcr-den-ernstfall-anlegen/ar-BBvRTLu?li=BBqg6Q9

What do you guys think? Was this just an example of bad timing? Fear-mongering? Or does is the German government aware of something dark lurking in the near future?
>>
>>68535
Whoops, forgot to include the BBC link:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37155060?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook
>>
Yeah it's just an update to the old defense plan that was introduced in the cold war. It makes sense because in case of a flooding you might be stuck on your own for several days. Severe floodings did unexpectedly hit germany just this year.
Their timing for announcing that plan couldn't be worse though and the communication was really bad. A lot of citizens are now thinking they're preparing for world war 3. Just today there was a TV discussion about how bad the government handled their plan.
>>
whats upsetting about this is the fact that this kind of shit makes it to the news. Who in his right mind doesn't have a pantry. There are so many things that can go wrong and it doesn't even have to be war or some shit like that.

sometimes i feel as if common sense has left planet earth a long time ago
>>
Apparently, madam Merkel called out the Turkish diaspora in Germany to "stay loyal" too.
K E K
>>
>>68535
Sounds like something wild is about to go down.
>>
>>68564
From the perspective of a news agency, it makes perfect sense. This is a pretty attention-grabbing headline, especially given the country's recent events.
>>
>>68564
Sadly in today's Germany, stores dont sell 'Large' anything. The availability of stores in a 300meter radius almost everywhere has made people less self reliant.
The concept of having a backup storage of food is not widely spread in cities. Only farm homes and rural areas will have large enough storages.
For example the largest sized package of rice i could find today was 500g.
>>
>>68534
The timing is of importance even if they dismiss it because there is simultaneous talk of 'What if' - reactivation of compulsory military conscription.
>>
>>68789
Thats downright strange as an American. Its like they're forcing you into buying things more often. Stimulates the economy I guess? I always buy stuff in bulk so im not driving to the store very often especially in winter
>>
>>68534

Lol anyone else incredibly attracted to this image of a pretty Muslim girl wearing a hijab and toting an automatic rifle???
>>
>>68807
It's because the markets are close enough to walk to and most homes don't have large kitchens, so there's no storage. People will pick up stuff to make dinner on their way home from work.
>>
>>68789

Always buy Rice at your local Asia Shop.
Jasmin Reis bester Reis
>>
>>69179
Ich wollte aber dieses Naturreis zeug. Vielleicht gibt es auch beim Asiatischen Laden
>>
>>68807
We don't eat the same stuff for weeks and we don't eat as much as you guys, we also like fresh things
>>
>>69230
Flour, rice, sausage, legumes, onions, potatoes, other root veggies? What staples do you cook with? You make it sound like germans just buy ready-made meals or just grab a loaf of bread and some deli meat.
>>
>>69230
Even Japan has Costco. Yuros have no excuse.
>>
>>69230
There is literally nothing wrong with canned foods. They're just as fresh as the shit you grab off the shelf. Hell, it's probably more nutritious for you too considering how long they store fruit before it hits the shelf.
>>
>>69230
Ten days isn't WEEKS you retard. You're being told to stockpile for ten days. Who the fuck needs to be told to stockpile for ten days?

Who the fuck doesn't have a bag of potatoes, onions, flour, rice, etc in the pantry, and some meat in the freezer?

>tch, we actually like our food to be fresh you disgusting americans, we make sure that each apple is picked off the tree that very day and sold to us for ten euros each, to ensure freshness

>>69452
This. They pick tomatoes green. It takes ages for a tomato picked green to ripen to red. That fucker will have been off the vine for at least a month by the time you've bought it. I know this shit, I grow my own vegetables.
>>
>>68538
>It makes sense because in case of a flooding

The irony...
>>
>>69458
>and some meat in the freezer?

The power will most likely go down in the event of a disaster, so you'll either have to cook up all that meat or have a generator to keep the fridge running.
>>
>>69464

I’d also suggest having pre-cut-to-size 5/8” plywood panels, so you can board up the windows on your house in the event of a disaster.

Because you won’t be able to buy any at Homey Depot _after_ the disaster hits.
>>
>>69230
T. Guy who has never visited America
>>
>>69464
But you'll have meat to cook. Chicken only good for the next 3 days after thawing, Seafood following that close by and pork products having about 5 days before you need to worry and last would be beef. You'd have a whooping week to eat that. All that guessing is based on my experience so yours may vary depending on how you handle food.

That being said, more items in the unpowered freezer will keep the items colder for a longer time before thawing. So fill that sucker up, not with meat of course, water or Veggies, to keep the meat cold.
>>
>>69544
And cooked products have a much longer shelf life than raw, cold or not.
>>
>>68534
Who is this pistol cocker?
>>
>>68821
She is a strong, yet pure women. Who wouldn't want?
>>
>>69823
>t. mehmet sadik
>>
>>69464
>>69544
>meat to cook

Stockpile only cured/smoked meats, e.g. pemmican. Also cheese and alcohol are great choices for any cellar, in addition to your well-sealed fresh water supply (stock iodine and chlorine tablets for good measure though, along with a solar boiler, and throw in a large evaporator and lots of extra mirrors, because why the fuck not if you already have a cellar?).
>>
>>68821
i don't see how this is relevant
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.