[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

India cracks down of illegal torrenting; 3 years in jail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/are-you-a-criminal-now-users-may-get-3-yr-in-jail-for-viewing-torrent-site-blocked-url-in-india/1/745181.html

>Call it the new Digital India. The Indian government, with the help of internet service providers, and presumably under directives of court, has banned thousands of websites and URLs in the last five odd years. But until now if you somehow visited these "blocked URLs" all was fine. However, now if you try to visit such URLs and view the information, you may get three-year jail sentence as well as invite a fine of Rs 3 lakh.

>This is just for viewing a torrent file, or downloading a file from a host that may have been banned in India, or even for viewing an image on a file host like Imagebam. You don't have to download a torrent file, and then the actual videos or other files, which might have copyright. Just accessing information under a blocked URL will land you in jail and leave your bank account poorer by Rs 3 lakh.
>>
Sounds like a very unfair "shotgun" approach. Like the police wants to make money, not protect intellectual property.
>>
its fake as it is one year (1957 laws)
secondly it should be proved without any doubt that a person was visiting or downloading and he wasnt hacked which is quite difficult
>>
>>68289
Then how will Indians get their copy of windows xp?
>>
>>69173
Maybe because they aren't big on sports? Maybe if cricket was an olympic sport they'd care.
>>
>jail for clicking on url
>>
>>69362
its gonna be used for bribes, and thats it.
>>
> make a social media website
> millions of indians join
> embed iframes to illegal urls
> enjoy the following chaos

good god lawmakers can be stupid
>>
>The problem, for now, doesn't seem to that India is moving to block half of the internet through a policy the way China does. Instead, the issue is likely due to the John Doe orders that Indian courts are issuing at the regular interval at the request of content creators like Bollywood film makers. The lawyers of film studios often approach courts ahead of a movie's release seeking preventive blocks on the URLs they compile in the list.

This is true though, it's the Indian movie industry that is constantly crying about torrents
>>
>>69385
>paying money to watch bollywood films
its not worth the bandwidth to pirate them.
>>
>>69387
True, but this decision is by Reliance Entertainment, HBO and Netfix. Note that Netflix launched early this year here. Also Reliance not mentioned in the Article but competitors Airtel and TATA are.

Lastly Reliance sponsored crazy money for Modi's election campaign. Reliance are the biggest cry baby over piracy
>>
http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report-calm-down-visiting-a-torrent-website-won-t-land-you-in-jail-but-there-s-a-catch-2248386

Basically its going to be like how HBO requests ISP's in America to warn people downloading Game of Thrones. Considering no sane Indian cares about shitty Bollywood movies, they should be fine
>>
>>69456
the country is half mad tho.
>>69419
I wonder how HBO and netflix will run in india given the FUP policy that most major ISPs have.
>>
>>69372
Yeah its a problem across the world. Lawmakers too damn old to understand the internet and causing huge problems by trying to regulate something when they dont even know how it works
>>
>>69385
>Content creators
Why is it that whenever rich people invent a word or phrase its always vomit inducing?
>Networking
>Portfolio
Business speak makes me wanna hit people. I dont even know why it makes me so mad it just does
>>
>>69496

>Business speak makes me wanna hit people. I dont even know why it makes me so mad it just does

Because you're a reactionary child.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.