[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Carolina homeowner angry that cars keep crashing into his house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

>A North Carolina man says he's getting close to giving up on his home in Raleigh after it was hit by a driver for the sixth time.

>Bernarte says his insurance company canceled his homeowner's policy over the crashes. He says city engineers have told him extending a nearby guardrail would be a safety issue because it could block the line of sight for drivers leaving the neighborhood.

>He says he plans on moving his family as soon as he can.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/15/north-carolina-homeowner-angry-that-cars-keep-crashing-into-his-house.html
>>
>>68269
Why not just build a concrete wall inside your property?
>>
>>68279
This. If the drivers can't maintain control of their vehicles then they deserve to get fucked up by a concrete barrier.
>>
>>68279
It's America. Someone would ram into it, die, and their relatives would sue the home owner for it.
>>
>>68284
It would also be ugly af. I believe the best thing to do is to investigate why it happens.
>>
Why don't they add speed bumps near the home? They would force drivers to slow down so they wouldn't go flying into the house.
>>
I live in Durham NC next to Raleigh... I swear to christ its my home state much love but people here cant drive... I remember the 2002 blizzard and was driving in Raleigh and passed a car that was flipped over and on fire in the snow.... needless to say im not surprised by the story people here have to be genetically linked to lemmings.
>>
>>68320
North Carolina drivers get shittier as you move away from the coast, rapidly. I don't mind the people who drive slow, and those are numerous. But the people who gotta go fast are awful. Cutting across double yellows, chasing after who they perceive as bad drivers, turning without signals. I'm pretty sure drivers ed gets defunded every year too.
>>
A neighbor had the same problem. His wife was actually killed by a Jeep that ended up in their bedroom on top of their bed while they were sleeping. He put huge boulders in his front yard. No more problems with that.
>>
>>68269
I know where that house is. I live close by and have heard the owner bitching about a guard rail before. Did it get hit AGAIN?
>>
>>68279
The wall wouldnt have time to cure before another car came screaming through.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.