[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gimme suma dat gold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: gold medals.jpg (37KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
gold medals.jpg
37KB, 624x351px
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37099066

Why does the U.S. tax it's Olympians?
>>
Why are they all trying to eat their medals?
>>
>>67683
Its some kind of traditional thing. I think they bite down to prove its real gold. Could be wrong though.
>>
What's the name of the middle girl? She's giving me a Thomas Jefferson boner.
>>
>>67683
An old practice to test whether agold coin was counterfeit was tobitedown on it. Since puregoldis relatively soft any base metals mixed with thegold to lessen its value will also harden the coin, and so make it harder tobiteon

t. Wikipedia

The medals are likely not fully or even half gold, so it's purely a tradition.
>>
>>67672
Later, if I remember, I will take the picture to /b/ and ask them to photoshop dicks.
>>
>>67692
>I think they bite down to prove its real gold.
this, although most people think pure gold will compress when in the past they were looking for fake soft coins because the fake coins would be gold+lead which is softer than pure gold
>>
>>67701
Laurie Hernandez
>>
>>67728
>t. Wikipedia

Obviously you didn't actually read the wiki article, otherwise you'd know it's actually
>>67788

Also the medals are made of gold-plated silver, and of course silver was also sometimes faked with plated lead, since their densities are almost identical (10.5 and 11.3 resp.; gold is 19.3, the most common element with density in that range, so it's far easier to prove fake gold by taking weight/vol.).
>>
>>67854
>so it's far easier to prove fake gold by taking weight/vol.).
Eureka! Eureka!
>>
>>67672
>Most US gold medal winners usually get million dollar endorsement deals
>Complain that the 1% have to pay taxes
>>
>>67898
Yeah, but some day I might become a millionaire and find out that percentage still leaves me with a ton of cash and my outrage was completely pointless!
>>
>>67672
>Why does the U.S. tax it's Olympians?
Prize money = income = federal income tax

>>67899
This thread is about US Olympian medalist making 10-25k per medal + million dollar endorsements as income and having to pay taxes on it, not about you being jealous of others making more than you.
>>
>>67901
My point is that poorfags have a weird mentality that they'll be rich some day and taxes will actually affect them when they are. This extends to giving a shit about olympic athletes only getting a few million instead of several million. As a non-poor cuck, I can tell you, having a chunk of your large income taken doesn't fucking matter because you're still making good money. Only the needlessly greedy and the delusionally poor give a shit about income taxes on the rich.
>>
>>67788
Pure gold is actually soft.
The gold you wear is mixed wih copper
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.