[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family dog saves toddler from a snake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: 1451841159658.jpg (61KB, 690x387px) Image search: [Google]
1451841159658.jpg
61KB, 690x387px
The Holloways who live in Sevierville were sitting on their porch when their dog Shiloh saved the life of their 18-month-old son, Bryson.

Bryson was playing in the dirt when Shiloh quickly ran over to where Bryson was playing. Bryson's dad, Bryan Holloway, said that he thought Shiloh was going to attack his son but quickly figured out what was going on when Shiloh jumped up and screamed and appeared to be hurt.

"It dawned on me that he literally grabbed that snake from the feet near the babies foot," said Bryan.

Shiloh's neck got so swollen from the snakebite that Bryan had to remove his collar which made Bryson's parents wonder what would have happened if it was their son that got bit.

" I honestly don't think he would be here and I really don't think we could have made it to the hospital and even if we did, best case scenario would have been a 50/50 fighting chance." said Bryson's mom, Alicia Holloway.

The family said they are grateful to have a dog like Shiloh and he has since become the family hero.

"Bryson started running back and forth on the porch and started laughing and smiling and the Lord spoke to me and said, "I protected this baby, I put this dog right there to protect your child,"" said Alicia Holloway. "Since Shiloh protected him, I couldn't love this dog any more and hes been babied a whole lot since this has happened because we're very very grateful for him."

http://www.local8now.com/content/news/Family-dog-saves-toddler-from-a-snake-390137341.html
>>
>>67567
Finally some good news on /news/. Thanks, OP.
>>
>>67567
Thumbs up!
>>
I know this is a very unpopulare opinion on 4chan but dogs are so much better than cats.
>>
>>67584
Why state such an absolutely useless and baseless opinion on this article?
>inb4 cat lover, I love both cats and dogs as pets for completely different reasons

Cat disdain and suspicion probably led to the Black Death severity in certain regions and re-emergence in certain places.
https://owlcation.com/humanities/Cats-and-the-Black-Plague

http://faculty.washington.edu/walter/Killing%20Cats3.html
>>
>>67567
>Bryson started running back and forth on the porch and started laughing and smiling and the Lord spoke to me and said, "I protected this baby, I put this dog right there to protect your child,"" said Alicia Holloway
But who put the snake there then?
>>
>the Lord spoke to me

That is some heretical shit right there.
>>
>>67649
god works in mysterious ways anon, he's always right
>>
>>67667
So God is actually like an abusive, manipulative partner that causes problems they fix to male you emotionally dependent?
>>
>>67584

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBW5dfRoG7Q
>>
>>67567
Yes, thanks anon.
>>
>and the Lord spoke to me and said, "I protected this baby"

What a nutcase. The kid will probably grow up thumping Bibles too.

I'm not sure the dog did the right thing, but I guess a dog can't fight his bred instincts.
>>
>>67669
you just don't understand, he works in mysterious ways. we can't understand his plan but god is so great
>>
That dog immediately just assumed the snake was going to attack.

What if the snake just wanted to play?

That dog is a big fat bigoted racist!
And so are the owners, applauding a murder.
>>
>>67567
Dogs proving once again that they are mans best friend.

I hope that the dog was given the biggest steak that could be found as a reward for its brave actions.
>>
They need to change public service announcements from spay and neuter your dog to spay and neuter your muslim.
>>
>>67819
Don't muslims hate dogs? I can't trust someone who hates dogs.
>>
>>67820
Dogs can smell evil. This is why some black people are afraid of them too.
>>
>>67821
I heard they can also smell cancer and typically attempt to alert their owner when they find it.
>>
>>67821
Goddamnit why won't you people just stay on /pol/
>>
Does anyone know what breed is it?
>>
>>67824
95% sure it's a Border Collie Blue Merle with a tri-color coat
>>
http://wate.com/2016/08/15/sevier-county-family-dog-credited-with-saving-toddler-from-snake-bite/

Article with a little more info.

>“We give God the glory in everything, and we know that he used that dog, that wonderful dog, to protect him, and we’re thankful every day for him now,” Alicia Holloway said.

If the dog was just a tool that God used, why is it wonderful?
>>
>>67820
to clarify, it is ok to have a dog as long as it serves a productive purpose. like police/military service, guard dogs, herding, etc.
>>
>>67587
>Cat disdain and suspicion probably led to the Black Death severity in certain regions and re-emergence in certain places.
>https://owlcation.com/humanities/Cats-and-the-Black-Plague
i dont get it, why would it matter? it's the fleas not the rats, you bring in cats to kill the rats and now you have a bunch of cats with the plague instead of rats. nice work.
>>
>>67887
incorrect if you don't think a dog can be a pet or a companion I can not trust you.
>>
>god did this
>it wasnt just the dog

smh
>>
This religious shit drives me up the wall.

Like it can never just be something like "we have this really family-friendly and protective dog from the herder group and it protected our child because of its instinctual need to help" and then everyone goes "ooh-ahh".

No it has to be God or the FSM or something sensationalizing it. We can never just be humbled by the science of it. No we have to cite religion.
>>
>>67934
it's funny because we specifically designed dogs for this exact purpose, God didn't do shit the dog was a bro because we created him to be a bro, the child was saved by science and dope ass dog
>>
>>67934
It has to be infuriating to be a surgeon who performs life saving surgery on someone only to have them turn around and praise God. Like thanks asshole, I guess my years of hard work and study at medical school are irrelevant and I'm just a puppet for your imaginary friend.
>>
>>67725
lmfao that's just low
>>
>>67824
if not a border collie, most likely and Australian shepperd
>>
Praise Lucifer for he made the snake appear and told the dog about it.
Otherwise, the Lord couldn't have saved the child in the first place.
>>
>>67649
The snake had to be there or a hawk would have eaten it

This hawk would survive from the sustenance and go on to father a line of hawks that would slowly evolve over time to have a wingspan of 14 feet

Because that hawk starved, our future generations do not need to bow before hawkzilla, emperor of birds.
>>
fucking dog ruined everything. This news could be about a kid bitten by a snake or a friendly talking snake befriend a kid but nooo it has to be about the dog, oh what a hero. God what an attention whore
>>
>>67949
why should you thank an interchangeable surgeon for performing a task that he is paid EXTREMELY HANDSOMELY to do?

you are totally interchangeable with any other surgeon to do that surgery because it is a standarized practice, and you're not doing it pro bono. At least with a general practitioner there's some bedside manner, diagnostics, etc in play. Surgeon might as well just be a robot.

I'll thank my local doughnut shop for staying at 10 cent doughnut holes before I thank my surgeon.
>>
>>69064
>completely interchangeable

Yeah because there's no such thing as bad surgeons with a history of malpractice?
>>
>>69067
I should thank the board of directors at the hospital for not hiring a retard instead of thanking the robot who actually does the physical labor
>>
>>67916
It needs rodents specifically in the reproductive process. With fleas.

Which is why mosquitos can't carry the plague and neither can cats.
http://web.mst.edu/~microbio/BIO221_2010/Y_pestis.html
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.