[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

social media spreads hate - Black Milwaukee officer threatened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Prison-Culture.jpg (85KB, 550x610px) Image search: [Google]
Prison-Culture.jpg
85KB, 550x610px
>The unrest in a Milwaukee neighborhood after a fatal police shooting Saturday appears to have mostly abated, but the social media communication that helped fuel it has, if anything, intensified and focused on the officer.

>As of Tuesday, at least 3,000 people have shared a Facebook photo of the 24-year-old Milwaukee patrolman who fatally shot 23-year-old Sylville Smith — some of them adding furious and threatening comments.

>“Now y'all see his face if he's seen anywhere in the city drop him,” read one post. Another called for a gun so the person could “shoot him right in his head.”

>Heaggan and Smith, both of whom are black, knew each other from the Sherman Park neighborhood, multiple relatives and friends have said.

>People who make online threats can be charged with crimes. Last month, a 43-year-old Racine, Wis., man’s social media posts caught the attention of local police and the FBI. The man, Byron L. Cowan, was charged with making terrorist threats and hate crimes after posting: “Be first to shoot. I encourage every Black man in America to strap up. It is clear. I encourage every white officer to kiss there (sic) love ones goodbye.”

>Others urged restraint, saying to wait for all the facts before making up their minds, and asked people to not “destroy our own communities.”

>Scott Petri of New Berlin, Wis., chimed in on one of the Facebook threads, urging people to stop with the threats. “All your (sic) doing is hurting us as a race and making us look bad,” he wrote in response to a picture posted of the officer. “I understand we are angry and scared, but don’t ruin our neighborhoods, our home! It just doesn’t make any sense.”

You all should've listened to Sheriff Clarke, he predicted this would happen.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/threats-against-milwaukee-officer-intensify-shoot-him-right-in-his-head/ar-BBvIVM2?li=AA4ZnC&ocid=spartandhp
>>
does internet amplify hate or does it silence it?
>>
>>67517
What kind of question is that?
>>
>>67517
It only enables it.
As for internet harassment, generally the "stay anonymous and there's no threat" works, but this is targeting someone over events happening in real life.

Social networking amplifies it. For example, Twitter allows you to listen to only people you agree with. All information on your feed is handpicked from people you agree with, and it takes two seconds to block any information that you dislike.

This amplifies hate mobs because it causes people to see things in black & white perspectives. There are entire 'block lists' so that you can ignore every single person who disagrees with you or is sympathetic to people who disagree with you.

On the internet, moderate opinions disappear. This is how capitalist journalism works as well.
>>
>>67516
>prison culture
No, it's these specific gang members terrorizing each other.
>>
>Internet hate machine

Sounds familiar.

It's pretty ironic to complain about someone else organizing harassment campaigns when you probably spend a majority of your time on this site circlejerking with your alt-right / GamerGate buddies on /pol/.
>>
>>67597
>gamergate
>harassment campaign

oh god my sides.
>>
>>67516
have you filthy boomers figured out race is real yet?
not being able to be racist (not being able to speak the truth) is a big hamstring to discussion.
>>
>>67520
>Twitter
I really want someone to do an article over two people who went through internet hate/controversy, but where one person had twitter and the other didn't to see if there was any difference in their experiences; because it seems like 90% of "controversies" these days happen purely on Twitter and virtually nowhere else. Seen so many fucking articles about something controversial where all the excerpts were taken from 5 tweets.
>>
>>67597
Hi tumblr.
>>
>>67516
Animal Mother said it best :' all niggers should hang'
>>
>>67650
Every once in awhile, I'm amazed I live in a world where something that random retards say on an internet messaging service is considered newsworthy.

Just a way to distract people from real issues.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.