[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Libertarian candidate getting more attention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

http://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/libertarian-candidate-getting-more-attention-742315075932
>>
>>66405
Cuz he's the only candidate they doesn't come across like a retarded asshole . I'm really hoping he makes the debates
>>
>>66430
Not really, he wants to abolish the Department of Education. And all US Embassies
He's either an idiot, or a die hard mad Max fan
>>
It's definitely worth hearing his views and what he has to say.
>>
>>66432
I don't want to get rid of Dept of Ed completely but I do think education should be mostly a state matter.
And he's still not an asshole. The other candidates are bigots, he's not. That alone is almost enough
>>
http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/08/12/libertarian-vp-pick-slams-guns-handguns-even-worse-ar-15s/#e4pqOaTi5IE5DOBf.99
>>
>>66450
>>66430
What's wrong with Jill Stein?
I mean, besides
>green
>>
Gary Johnson's campaign was over when he went on Fox News and said "I will hold off on smoking dope until after the election."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283878-johnson-ive-stopped-using-marijuana-while-running-for
>>
>>66490
Maybe it did the complete opposite.
>>
>>66475
>VACCINATIONS
>>
>>66551
So you can count out Donald Trump then too
>>
>>66475
Jill Stein doesnt feel sane. It may just be the endless shit she gets from not conforming to a 2 party system, but she's radical and her running mate has said some radical things as well. Maybe she's still the best choice tho, haven't fully researched it tbh
>>
>>66475
No experience, whereas Johnson/Weld were both governors. She's also a far-left radical, whereas Gary Johnson isn't left or right and is drawing support from both sides. So Gary actually has legitimate room for growing and making a potential run in 2020, or at least turning the Libertarians into a real party (that will get more moderate when they go mainstream).

Also she and her running mate are hardcore SJWs. Like tumblr-tier bullshit.
>>66594
>her running mate has said some radical things as well
He called Obama an uncle tom

>>66579
Yes, and for plenty of reasons aside from vaccinations
>>
>>66475
>wifi signals can harm children

She's retarded.
>>
>>66405
>>66432
>>66450

Yeah some of his views are straight up weird. It's a shame because some of his ideas aren't that bad.

Personally I don't think states can handle education. My state of NC cut teacher pay a lot way back, and now McCrony is giving them small raises in order to garner votes. If it were up to him and state legislature, I can't imagine how much they would fuck up public ed. Private ed likely wouldn't change, but that's simply not an option for some people.
>>
>>66405

Isn't it interesting the mainstream media only brings out the third party candidates when it is obvious it will hurt the Republican party and it is crickets and silence when it would harm the Democratic party.

Almost like the mainstream media has a major bias and is playing an active role to influence democracy in the country.
>>
>Trump is a dumb literal manchild
>Clinton is a corrupt and two-faced mystery box
>Maybe I'll vote Third Party this year
>they're all Trump-tier if not worse
>>
>>66639
>mainstream media
>hurt Republicans
Stop with this meme. Fox News Channel has been the #1 network for 15+ years now and drudge, breitbart, and infowars are larger than their democratic skewed counterparts.
>>
>>66432
>wants to abolish US embassies

Can I get a link for this?
>>
>>66637
My view is, if Gary Johnson can get popular enough and the Republicans continue falling apart, the Libertarians could be a real party in 2020, and at least aim to take some seats in Congress (or even get sitting Congressmen to switch parties). If that happens, they will likely become more moderate and the "weird" views will be shifted some. Gary Johnson is already running on a more moderate platform than libertarians usually have
>>
>>66551
cmon dude.

www.snopes.com/is-green-party-candidate-jill-stein-anti-vaccine/

The best reason to not support Stein is that she has zero government experience -- the only person to be elected prez who was completely remote from government or the exec branch (so not a top general) was Taylor, and he was resented by everyone else in the gov't because of it, including his own party. His lack of failure was basically because he followed party leaders exactly on Cabinet picks,etc, and sat back to let Congress do what they wanted.
>>
>>66639
>>66641
The media is more anti-Trump than anti-Republican. Fox News has traditionally been more on the right but even they don't like Trump. It's only really the online alt-right media outlets that are pro-Trump.
>>
>>66658
Double-checking, it seems her comments on vaccines have used wishy-washy language, and a tweet from a staffer that was quickly deleted was pretty blatantly anti-vax. The only one of the 4 media-tracked candidates to unequivocally support vaccines *this cycle* is Clinton (she and all other candidates were "concerned" in 2008). Trump has always directly said vaccines->autism and doubled down on it this year -- his *campaign* is only now walking back the rhetoric.

For reference, 75% of the population is unequivocally pro-vax, and that number is consistent even when subdivided across the political spectrum, so there's basically no political advantage to being ambivalent on this.

www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/an-anti-vaxer-in-the-white-house/493916/
>>
>>66650
Exactly. Reforming the fucked up shitpile that is American politics is a multi-step process. Gary Johnson is the first step.

Campaign finance reform, term limits, the end of gerrymandering, the end of first-past-the-post, and stopping rider bills are not going to happen with Republicans or Democrats.
>>
>>66666
Digits.
>>
>>66666
Meme magic?
>>
>>66666
satanic pentas, brought to you by the devil
>>
While I'm not a libertarian no support their ideology, I wouldn't mind a libertarian president if the houses can keep him in check.
>>
>>66666
This. If I have to put up with a little crazy that comes out of the Libertarians, I would have that all day compared to the intense stupidity and corruption that comes out of the Dems and Repubs.

Also, /news/ Beast is best Beast.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.