[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC-area mayor faces drug charges after meth-for-sex sting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 460x.jpg (16KB, 460x225px) Image search: [Google]
460x.jpg
16KB, 460x225px
>A three-term northern Virginia mayor was arrested on drug charges after he tried to trade two grams of methamphetamine for sex acts in what turned out to be an undercover sting operation, police said Friday.

>City of Fairfax Mayor R. Scott Silverthorne was arrested Thursday night after meeting at a Tysons Corner hotel just outside the Capital Beltway with undercover detectives he approached through a website used to arrange casual sexual encounters between men, Fairfax County police said at a press conference.

>Police Capt. Jack Hardin said they received a tip that Silverthorne had been arranging drugs-for-sex encounters. Police then set up an online profile on the website, and within two days Silverthorne made contact online with the detective who set up the profile, Hardin said.

>"We had information on what the mayor was looking for, what types of activities" he wanted to engage in, Hardin said.

>Silverthorne, who also worked as a substitute teacher in Fairfax County Public Schools, was arrested and gave a full confession, police said. He was released on his own recognizance while he awaits a preliminary hearing Oct. 31 on a felony charge of drug distribution and a misdemeanor charge of possessing drug paraphernalia.

>Silverthorne, in an email to The Associated Press, declined comment and referred questions to his attorney, Brian Drummond, who did not immediately return a phone call Friday morning.

>The city announced Friday that Silverthorne appointed Councilman Jeffrey Greenfield as acting mayor, effective immediately. The city charter gives the mayor the power to appoint an acting mayor in his place in the event of a mayor's absence or disability.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f7e6cf75e9fd4857a25c020181a3d11a/dc-area-mayor-faces-drug-charges-after-meth-sex-sting
>>
>>65246
>white
Fernandez....
>>
>>65265
>Being surprised when a nigger can't tell the difference.
They did the same thing with Zimmerman.
>>
>>65265
It's a single guy obsessed with white people.

Every thread from top to this on the board has had him as the most recent posts.
>>
Right, because the government needs to be concerned with what goes on in the private lives of its citizens.

I really don't give a shit if a bunch of guys want to get tweaked up and suck each other off, and I fail to see how it's any of the state's business for that matter.
>>
>>65555
That's why I'm #FeelingTheJohnson now
>>
>>65011
Typical Democrat behavior, nothing new to see here.
>>
>>65555
Yes, politicians are corrupt. Yes, the police probably got tipped by political rivals wanting to take him down.

But, the law is the law. Do you want a mayor who ignores the law (meth/prostitution)? What other laws would he be interested in ignoring, bribe laws perhaps, personal use of tax dollars? I don't think drugs/prostitution should be illegal, but the law is the law.

He's got to go.
>>
>>65576
>wasting your vote
>>
>>65627
>>But, the law is the law.
This is a retarded statement, plenty of laws go unenforced all the fucking time due to the reality of police departments having limited resources to work with.

>>Do you want a mayor who ignores the law (meth/prostitution)?
With regards to drugs and prostitutes I would like it if we would stop wasting our time on trivial bullshit.

>>What other laws would he be interested in ignoring, bribe laws perhaps, personal use of tax dollars?
All politicians take bribes anyway, so this is irrelevant. They just changed the name to campaign contributions and made it legal.

>I don't think drugs/prostitution should be illegal,
Then you shouldn't care about this guy using drugs and soliciting prostitutes.

>but the law is the law.
Again, this is a retarded statement.

>He's got to go
Maybe, but not for something as trivial as this.
>>
>>65627
>slippery slope fallacy

Stay on topic. We're talking about drug laws.

I don't give a shit about drug laws. Prohibition is a pointless expense to tax-payers and doesn't actually do anything to prevent the distribution of harmful substances. Drugs are here and they're not going away, just like firearms aren't going away. If we de-criminalize them, we can at least keep money from ending up in the hands of drug lords and cartels.

I also don't expect any of our elected officials to agree with every law in the books. People nonetheless have to fill these positions, whether or not they wish to enforce laws that frankly have no place in our society.

>Yes, the police probably got tipped by political rivals wanting to take him down.

More likely, the police are morally aligned against homosexuality and set up these stings specifically to target gay men. Here in the South, there's a disproportionate amount of attention devoted to anti-gay operations like these.
>>
>>65660
>Voting in favor of the corrupt two party system
>Ensuring that we continue to have a broken democracy with even shottier candidates in the future
That sounds like the real waste
>>
>>65265
>City of Fairfax Mayor R. Scott Silverthorne.

Nice reading comprehension.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.