[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POSSIBLE TERROR ATTACK IN LONDON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: uh oh.jpg (49KB, 720x449px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.jpg
49KB, 720x449px
TL;DR -
>60 year old woman dies after 19 year old man stabs 6 people in russell square near the british museum
>motivation unknown as of yet - mental health confirmed terrorism suspected
>londoners to suspect an increase in armed police presence for muh 'reassurance and safety'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/04/woman-killed-and-five-injured-in-suspected-terror-knife-attack-i/
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/04/mass-stabbing-central-london-woman-dead-and-injured
>>
>>64708
just got a flashback to the orlando shootings lads
obviously not in terms of scale of the attack but how left implied omar mateen wasn't a terrorist he was mentally ill as if the two are mutually exclusive.
fast forward 4 days to when a WHITE 'brexit fanatic' shoots MP jo cox. the left's narrative: he's a far right wing terrorist AND a nutcase.
>>
>>64708
Oh, It's been updated
http://dayswithoutterror.com
>>
>>64711
i don't wanna jump the gun here (no pun intended, seriously) but if this turns out to be anyone with a vaguely foreign sounding name people are gonna be pissed. a lot of brexiters voted leave so shit like this wouldn't happen in england
>>
>>64711
lol stupid website. it should always be 0
>>
>>64708
Good thing the knife seller gave a background check and that the knife has a serial number. :'^)
>>
>>64753
In the UK it's nearly at that point.

That said, on his "rampage" he only managed to attack 6 people, and of those only one feeble old person died. A gun is unquestionably far more deadly.
>>
I like how people getting stabbed or shot is considered terrorism now.

What a good precedent to set. Nice trend developing. In the future just insulting someone will count as terrorism.
>>
>>64708
update
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36972126
> Police arrested a 19-year-old Norwegian national of Somali origin.
> Norwegian police said in a statement the man had emigrated from Norway in 2002
>>
>>64753
amerifats lel
>>
>>64753
He killed one old lady. He could have killed a lot more with a gun.

>>64760
Well one of the Towns in England now considered it a hate crime to say basically anything to a woman in public. There was another thread about that somewhere. It's still cool to insult men because patriarchy
>>
>>64708
>implying religious fundamentalism isn't a mental illness
>>
Crazies are everywhere, OP. The more our population increases, the worse it's going to get. This shit happens all the time here in the States, and it's seldom motivated by terrorism.
>>
>>64757
Thanks Brad's mom. Glad you could update us on those riveting facts.
>>
>>64850
If guns don't increase one's ability to kill efficiently, why would anyone need one? That's like saying you'd buy a car that can't go any faster than walking pace.
>>
>>64708
>Stabbing at Westfield
>bomb threat at selfridges
Those mentally ill Norwegens are getting salty again. Remember it has nothing to do with Islam.
Admiral Snackbar
>>
>>64975
>Admiral Snackbar
Good thing that I ordered some snacks. (Online. I don't have to carry my groceries any more.)

This thread is now about groceries. Does any anon besides me do their grocery shopping? Or does your mum do it for you?
>>
That old bitch should have been less racist then.
>>
>>64757
>>64786
>>64967
> He only killed 6 people, we don't need knife bans and registrys. It would have been worse with guns.

(Kunming knife attack, 140 injured)

> Nice truck terrorist only killed 85, we don't need bans and registrys, it would have been worse with guns.

(Nice truck attack, 300+ injured)

>Orlando shooting, 100 killed/injured and nobody knows how many of those were from police fire.

OH MY GOD, ban all guns and jail every nazi sociopath who wants to have them! The apocalypse is upon us!
>>
>>65259
>(Kunming knife attack, 140 injured)
Eight attackers killed 29 and injured over 140. That's 4 deaths and 17.5 injuries per attacker. Compare that to the Newtown school shooting (27 deaths and 2 injuries per attacker), the Aurora shooting (12 deaths and 70 injuries per attacker), and the Orlando shooting (49 deaths and 53 injuries per attacker).

Leaving out that the Kunming attack involved multiple attackers is just plain disingenuous. The deaths and injuries caused per attacker were nowhere near as high as in the worst mass shootings. And yes, there are plenty of mass shootings that aren't nearly as deadly as the knife attack, however that knife attack is apparently the deadliest one people can find. If those eight attackers had been as efficient as the Newtown shooter, you'd be looking at 216 dead, almost 7.5 times as many as occurred in reality. Sure, knife attacks can still kill people, but it would have likely been worse if the attackers had guns.

>(Nice truck attack, 300+ injured)
Due to the fact that the truck had quite a deal of momentum (it was 19 tons, whereas a normal car is something like 2.5 tons) and was intentionally driven into a large crowd. And are you seriously saying we should ban trucks because of this? With that kind of logic we might as well ban ships, airplanes, trains, nuclear reactors, and anything else that can build up a lot of energy. If anything, what it would call for is being more reluctant to lease out such large vehicles to suspicious individuals, which makes sense for simple traffic safety reasons, never mind anything to do with terrorism. A drunk driver at the wheel of such a large vehicle could do considerable damage without even intending to.

And as it turns out, the driver of the truck had several weapons, including automatic rifles. If he hadn't been stopped before being able to use them, he could have easily caused more casualties. That really isn't helping your "guns aren't that deadly" argument.
>>
>>64760
>getting stabbed or shot is considered terrorism now.
terrorism is ideologically/politically motivated, is it not? it doesn't matter about the method if the motivation's there. in this case there's still no evidence to suggest it was an act of terrorism
>>64799
damn good point, you got me there.
>>64800
in the wake of a series of fucked up bullshit happening in the states i was just starting to feel glad to live in nice moderate england (the last school shooting was in '97, i could probably count the recent terror attacks we've had here on one hand and the last unarmed black guy to be shot was 5 years ago) but now i'm not so sure. jo cox being shot, 3 or 4 people getting stabbed at a BLM rally in hyde park and now this....
>>
>>64713
nah they didn't care about terrorism so much, it was mainly all the immigrants taking their jobs
>>
>>67465
tbh i heard both arguments made for leave. if immigration weren't such a focal point to the referendum the results would have been very different imho
>leftists voted stay bc if they don't they get lumped in with the '''''''''''''racists''''''''''''
old school lefties like tony benn (god rest his soul) and glorious chairman corbyn and many others HATED the undemocratic EU with a passion.. it was delicious irony to see so many self-proclaimed leftists siding with the globalist eurocrats over the working class they claim to care about so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0wFii8klNg
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.