[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nigerian Prince spam ringleader finally arrested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: logo[1].png (12KB, 110x100px) Image search: [Google]
logo[1].png
12KB, 110x100px
http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News/2016/N2016-099

>RIVER STATE, Nigeria – The head of an international criminal network behind thousands of online frauds has been arrested in a joint operation by INTERPOL and the Nigerian Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC).

>The 40-year-old Nigerian national, known as ‘Mike’, is believed to be behind scams totalling more than USD 60 million involving hundreds of victims worldwide. In one case a target was conned into paying out USD 15.4 million.

>The network compromised email accounts of small to medium businesses around the world including in Australia, Canada, India, Malaysia, Romania, South Africa, Thailand and the US, with the financial victims mainly other companies dealing with these compromised accounts.

>Heading a network of at least 40 individuals across Nigeria, Malaysia and South Africa which both provided malware and carried out the frauds, the alleged mastermind also had money laundering contacts in China, Europe and the US who provided bank account details for the illicit cash flow.

>Following his arrest in Port Harcourt in southern Nigeria, a forensic examination of devices seized by the EFCC showed he had been involved in a range of criminal activities including business e-mail compromise (BEC) and romance scams.
>>
>>64358
>The case will be settled as a class-action suit in which victims will be compensated in proportion to their claims.

>If you believe you have a claim, please send your scam email correspondence chain, along with a $10 filing fee payable through credit card numbers or PayPal, to [email protected]

>Please note that without the filing fee your claim will NOT be processed.
>>
This was totally the guy. Mission accomplished guys. Now if you donate $100 to Interpol we will be able to unlock the millions of USD locked up in our secret vault! We'll share it 60/40.
>>
>>64358
>In one case a target was conned into paying out USD 15.4 million.

I bet it was a senile old woman. My grandma, who is an absolutey senile old cunt, nearly gave up her SS last week to an IRS phonecall scam. Thankfully her nurse stopped her. She's already poor as shit, budgeting doesn't make sense to her.

Hopefully they go after the money launderers now, otherwise a new weed will grow in it's place.
>>
>>64358
I'll be impressed when they get the Chinese penis creme spammers
>>
>>64362
>a $10 filing fee payable through credit card numbers or PayPal, to [email protected]

MODS
>>
>>64358
>The Nigerian prince has been found
Maybe I'll finally get my money!
>>
>>64384

the article makes mention of malware and "CEO" scams. It would be much more likely it was one of those, than some old lady
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.