[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Washington State Files $100 Million Lawsuit Against Comcast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

http://www.wsj.com/articles/washington-state-files-100-million-lawsuit-against-comcast-1470145832

>OLYMPIA, Wash.—Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson on Monday filed a $100 million lawsuit against Comcast Corp. , saying the cable and internet giant deceived customers into paying tens of millions of dollars in fees for a “near-worthless” service protection plan.

>Mr. Ferguson, who filed the lawsuit in King County Superior Court, said at a news conference that in addition to its misleading service protection plan, Philadelphia-based Comcast committed more than 1.8 million violations of the state’s Consumer Protection Act by charging improper service call fees and using improper credit screening practices.

>“This case is a classic example of a big corporation systematically deceiving Washington state consumers and putting profits above those consumers,” said Mr. Ferguson.

>According to the lawsuit, Comcast misled 500,000 customers in Washington state by having them pay a $4.99 monthly fee to avoid being charged if a technician visited their home to fix an issue covered by the plan. But Mr. Ferguson said the company didn’t reveal that the plan didn’t cover repairs to wiring inside a wall. As part of the investigation, customers contacted Comcast numerous times. Mr. Ferguson said that 75 % of the time, Comcast representatives falsely told the customers that the plan covered all inside wiring.
>>
>>64285
Co-op internet is the way of the future. Amazing that people still willingly give them money.
>>
>>64285
First off, I'm an easy customer. I understand that shit happens. I don't make nonsensical demands of a product. I don't begrudge them for what they charge me.

That being said. When I had comcast, I had an ongoing service issue with my internet dropping. The cable tv would work, but the internet would cut out completely. Predictably so. 5 days a week, I had to reset, unplug, reboot, etc etc for 15 minutes to use the internet. And then 2 hours later, the same thing. Like I said, I'm a young guy who's used to tech doing what it wants to sometimes. All I wanted was an answer. Why? Is this something I can fix? Is it the cable or my computer? Can someone just test my shit and give me an answer. I had two techs come out. One determined it must be the box - got a new one, and it continued. The other literally had me run a connection speed test, and then said "well idk, get a new box?" Like "you're on your own man. Just keep paying."

I didn't need them to inspect the integrity of the copper in the lines. Just tell me something non-obvious. Like alternative solutions. I'm so glad WA is standing up to them. Companies like comcast are worse than ISIS. I'll gladly pay for your service if you can not go faceless when I need an answer. You're just taking my fucking money at that point.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.