[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man in white ‘Anonymous’ mask robs 7-Eleven store in Maryland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/man-in-white-anonymous-mask-robs-7-eleven-store-in-maryland/2016/07/21/594e0756-4f50-11e6-a422-83ab49ed5e6a_story.html

>A man wore a fairly memorable mask — a white and black one known for its use by the Anonymous group — when he robbed a 7-Eleven store in Montgomery County, as seen on surveillance video, police said.

>The convenience store is on Liberty Mill Road near Clopper Road in Germantown. Police this week put out a surveillance video and photo of the man in an attempt to identify him.

>The armed robbery happened around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday. Police said a clerk was working in the store when a man came in. The man was armed with a handgun.

>He pointed it at the clerk and then “motioned with the gun toward the cash register,” according to police.

>In the video, the man is seen — dressed in all black and wearing the mask over his face — holding a gun as a clerk pulls out a register drawer of cash. The man grabs money and leaves the store. The amount he took is undisclosed.

>The mask has been seen in different settings, mostly protests, including by a group called Anonymous’s Project Chanology, which protests the Church of Scientology. Originally, the mask was meant to represent Guy Fawkes, who was part of the Gunpowder Plot — an effort to blow up the House of Lords in London in the 1600s.

>The robber in the Montgomery case is described as being in his mid-20s and standing about 5-feet-11-inches tall with a medium build, according to police. His race is not known.
>>
Oh, so it's the "Anonymous" mask now. Sure.
>>
How can I be a journalist for a major newspaper?

Seriously, you don't need intelligence or to do basic cursory research anymore the be paid to write it seems. You can just make up shit and give them your own name.

This journalist probably hasn't even heard the term Guy Fawkes before, despite it being the second suggestion in Google search after typing the word Guy.
>>
Washington Post is a leftist shitrag almost on par with Gawker.
>>
>>61120

Uhh in case you can't tell the mask is not a historically accurate representation of Guy Fawkes, but rather a caricature based on that popularized by the graphic-novel-turned-film V For Vendetta. It has as much to do with the historical Guy Fawkes as my laptop screen has to do with the monitors in Metropolis.
>>
>>61137
Which is in turn based on a form of mask which predates the film itself sometimes used in the celebration of the English Guy Fawkes Night, or "Bonfire Night".

Usually representing a the stereotypically moustachioed "Guido" Fawkes.

Do your research, moron, three minutes in google, I swear.

There's a well sourced fucking wikipedia article on this shit, what excuse does anybody have for being wrong about anything in an age with wiki-god-damn-fucking-pedia?
>>
>>61106
To be fair, most people probably don't know who Guy Fawkes was. This dumb nignog probably thought it looked cool in the party shop.
>>
>>64169
>Do your research
"A stylised portrayal of a face with an oversized smile and red cheeks, a wide moustache upturned at both ends, and a thin vertical pointed beard, designed by illustrator David Lloyd ... in V for Vendetta, published in 1982...."

If you want to see what a common Fawkes mask looked like contemporary to Moore/Allen, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whizzer_and_Chips

It was abstracted from the original or realistic Guy Fawkes portrayal in part because Fawkes was an asshole psycho with no redeeming qualities; the point of using him was just as a "one man against the system" symbol. He didn't even want to overthrow the government in any way -- he just wanted to kill all the Catholics in Parliament (and so the genius tipped off the plot by notifying the Protestants to stay home that day: "Some of you guys are alright...").
>>
>>61106
Could have been a ski-mask Grinch
>>
>>64184
I'm not arguing about Guy Fawkes. The fucking mask was called that (stylized or not. I mean look at the variations if drama and comedy masks. Some may be more realistic, some might have accentuated cartoon features, but they are still the masks of comedy and tragedy) whatever it's design before V For Vendetta came out, and before Anonymous faggots started using it.
>>
>>64169
Your gay
>>
>>64181
Who the fuck doesn't know who Guy Fawkes is? Ah yes, nignog, it all makes sense now.
>>
>>64215
Apparently some don't. He was a "papist" plotter. He wanted the protestants dead.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.