[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knoxville woman cooking brisket in bathtub starts fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

Firefighters didn't have to reach for an extinguisher when they were called to a cooking fire at a North Knoxville apartment this week.

They simply turned on the shower head.

In what Knoxville Fire Department Capt. D.J. Corcoran called "a first in our books," a woman attempted to cook a brisket over an open flame in her bathtub, he said.

Fire crews responded Monday evening to 4834 Scheel Road to find the middle-aged woman fanning light smoke from her apartment. Inside, they found a melting fiberglass tub in the bathroom, he said.

The resident had lit a small, wood-burning grill inside the bathtub, with the meat placed on a wire rack across the tub's rim. The heat soon melted the fiberglass underneath.

"The tub and the brisket were a total loss," Corcoran said.

The apartment below also suffered some minor water damage.

The fire captain highlighted the incident to stress that more than 50 percent of all residential fires are cooking-related.

"With that said," Corcoran noted, "most all of those documented fires are in the kitchen."

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local/kfd-woman-cooking-brisket-in-bathtub-starts-fire-378604e4-2af7-35a8-e053-0100007f31f5-386654351.html
>>
>>60176
I want to kill people like this and then kill myself so I don't have to remember they existed.
>>
>>60176
I laughed.
>>
>>60176
Reason for forced sterilization #13639615742

Why couldn't she just go outside?
>>
>>60222
Is an apartment, probably nowhere to go. Sounds like the slab of meat was bigger than anything she had to cook it with.
>>
>>60176
Y'all niggas never done a bathtub barbeque?

S m h
>>
>>61666
She's probably done it before, but didn't realize that fiberglass =/= metal or ceramic

Even if, bathtub fires were common due to wooden walls or other materials lighting up underneath or above the tub.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.