[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphic video of cops fatally shooting unarmed teen released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 1

File: 57870989c461883b598b458f.jpg (67KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
57870989c461883b598b458f.jpg
67KB, 900x500px
> Bodycam video of Fresno police fatally firing on 19-year-old Dylan Noble has been released by Police Chief Jerry Dyer, who called a press conference to clear the air around his officers’ actions.

>Chief Jerry Dyer released the graphic video on Wednesday, detailing the events surrounding the death of unarmed teen Dylan Noble on June 25. The release comes amid heightened tensions between police and civilians, along with an excessive force lawsuit from Noble’s family.

>“Tensions are high,” Dyer said in the press conference. “In some cases we are one spark away from a forest fire. And I pray this video doesn't serve as that spark ... This is not a time to become violent.”

>Noble’s encounter with the officers began when they pulled him over at a gas station while searching for a man with a rifle, the Associated Press reported. Police officers instructed Noble to put his hands out the window. The video shows Noble first puts his left hand out, but conceals his right, leading to the officers shouting, “both your hands!”

>Noble then stepped out of his truck and began walking away from the officers with his hands in the air, but then turned and moved towards them with his left hand raised and his right hand behind his back. Officers instructed the teenager to get on the ground and, “Drop whatever you have in your hand!”

>As Noble continues to approach the officers with his right hand behind his back, an officer tells him, “You're going to get shot, man.”

>Shots then quickly ring out, and Noble falls to the ground where he continues reaching under his shirt. Officers fire three more shots at him, leaving him dead.

https://www.rt.com/usa/350974-fresno-police-footage-dylan-noble/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTCgMxx50qs
>>
What a moron.
>>
>>58092
how can you blame the cop? the dindu nuffin really did ask for it
>>
Reads like Suicide By Cop to me.
>>
Sounds like a proper response to me. Guy was either commit suicide by cop or was genuinely an idiot.
>>
>>58092
So what did he had under his shirt??
>>
I'm normally all for saying fuck negroid cops, but this was clearly some fuckhead committing suicide by cop.
>>
>>58103
>Noble was found to be holding a small plastic box.
>>
>>58101
>Sounds like a proper response to me.

Or he could have had trouble hearing, was slow, didn't like the escalating shit for no reason, was scared shitless and stopped hearing right or thinking about how to lift his arm without dropping the box, or a hundred other things. Unlikely, maybe, but worth a human life if mistaken?

Here's a thought: one officer tases while the other keeps a gun trained in case the tasing fucks up and he attacks. Another: if you have reasonable suspicion (which you did since you pulled him over and said ''hands up') you can frisk him as soon as he's out of the car, which they should have done when he had both hands up, instead of both staying back like pussies.
>>
Suicide by cop. Tragic, but not terribly uncommon. Sometimes people either can't obtain firearms and do it on their own, or they don't have the courage to do it, so they provoke police into shooting them instead.

Any officer would probably tell you this is the low-point of a career in law enforcement.
>>
I like how his family is suing them now.
>>
>>58139
This is definitely the wrong thread to complain about "pigs", they were in the right this time
>>
>>58139
Wow, you should train police to further risk their lives for the sake of one poor, dumb kid. You would be gud at it, goy!
>>
>>58092
Obvious suicide by cop.
>>
>>58139
>police are racist, brutal murderers or the innocent
>stay back like pussies

I'm gonna say it, you have to pick one.
>>
Guy acted stupidly.
Shame they had to use guns though. (they should have thrown spoons at him.)
>>
>>58092
Looks like suicide by cop. He did everything right to get shot.
>Kept a hand behind his back at his waistband
>Wasn't complying
>Continuing to approach police while hands were hidden at the waistband (where weapons are kept)
Dude knew what he wanted and went for it. Good shooting.
>>
>>58139
So you would rather have had 2 people die instead of 1?
K
>>
The kid was definitely full-stupid in his interactions with the police, but did a traffic stop really have to open with guns out? The kid fucked it up, but the cops started it all wrong.

>559 here
>Welcome to Fresno where peeling out requires the threat of deadly force
>>
This guy acted stupidly but the immediate resort shouldn't be to shoot him. A tazer would have been enough.
Really a shitty situation all around though. Both parties made mistakes, it's a shame that they cost someone their life.
>>
Everyone on the internet is a scumbag nowadays.
>>
Why the fuck did we buy all the tazer guns for our cops?
>>
>>58092
Straight up murder.
>>
>>58200
Nobody would have died on his scenario. How would the police have died?

>>58147
No, anon above you was right. Should have frisked him, and failing that one should have tazed him.
>>
That suicide by cop.

Though the cops are a bit moronic there when they've shot him in the chest and insists he should put his hands away from THE FUCKING SHOT WOUNDS.
>>
>>58224
You, hours later, have hindsight you fucking moron. When YOU are face to pace with someone and you don't know what they have, we'll see how you react. What if he did have a gun and you got killed just trying to do your job?
>>
>>58207
They had reports of an armed person. You know who brings no guns to a potential gun fight? Answer: soon to be dead people.
>>
One hand up, one hand with his arm behind his back. When a cop fucks up, I'm all over it but this nigger wanted to get shot.
>>
Why don't they shoot a fucking leg?
>>
>>58256
Legs are a small target just like the head and are constantly moving. Plus there is a major artery that could cause him to bleed to death if severed. Too many variables. A taser would have done just fine.
>>
>>58092
>show us your hands we suspect you may be armed
>lol no
>get shot
So what did the police do wrong?
>>
>>58092
Btw this kid was white lmao
>>
suicide by cop is all this is
>>
>>58311
Yeah, that's what it seems like. You can hear the guy scream "I fucking hate my life" the instant before he was shot.

He was given clear instructions, was told multiple times that he would be shot if he didn't follow them, yet he seems to have deliberately ignored them. Did he deserve to die? No. But I don't think the police were in the wrong for shooting him.
>>
>>58092
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTCgMxx50qs

It looked like suicide.
At 4:04 you can hear him say something.
It sounds like "Yea/Yo I fucking hate my life."
>>
Let me know if any of you guys know if they ever found found a weapon in his pocket.

I'm curious to know if he was trying to scare them, to fight them or to provoke them to shoot (suicide).
>>
>>58210
>both parties made mistakes
No I'd say in this time where there are admittable cases of clear police brutality, these cops did exactly the right thing and the law suit will either settle or fail. Its a clear case of suicide by cop
>>
>>58210
>all these people saying nigger and dindu
Kek, he still deserved it, and probably wanted to commit suicide by cop
>>
>>58327

>traffic stop (did the lady say he might be armed? couldn't hear)
>guns out, no tasers because reasons
>he's out of the car, clearly not a threat
"GET YOUR HANDS UP"
>fuck it just shoot him it's easier than frisking him
"GET YOUR HANDS UP"
>as he's on the ground bleeding out
>fuck it let's just shoot him again

I think you might be right about suicide by cop but Jesus fresno get your fucking PD together and stop being retarded.
>>
You can clearly hear him say " I hate my fucking life ". He wanted to die.
>>
>>58227
YOU HAVE A GUN POINTED AT HIM ARE THE FUCKING ODDS YOU DUMB FUCKER?

Of course the cops would survive, the fucker has to not only get the gun, but draw it and aim it. are you that fucking dense? My god this world is full of idiots.
>>
>>58407
what are the fucking odds*
>>
>>58092
>Cops are pointing guns at you.
>Disobey them 5 times.
>Get shot
GUD BOI DINDUNUFFIN
>>
>>58407
If he has a gun, pretty good chance he could get at least one properly (on target) placed shot. Then you have an officer dead, or out of duty for a time.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>58407
>has no experience on guns or in armed standoffs
>"i'm gonna make my opinion known on 4chans!"

Drawing and aiming is not some magical feat, and there were multiple moments where he could have gotten a shot off. This was clearly suicide by cop.

Boy, I sure am glad I'm not mentally deficient.
>>
>>58419
>>58421
Oh boy... I'm the the inexperienced here, eh?
>>
Did he shout "I fucking hate my life" or something before he got shot? whatever the case, obvious suicide by cop. What a dumbass, could have just hanged himself or something.
>>
>>58323
They were searching for an armed man as well, so it's not even like they had no reason to be guarded around a possible suspect.
>>
>>58424
playing cod with your roomie does not count as experience
>>
>>58092
Are there any young people in this country that can follow a simple order from police, especially when they have given you repeated warnings, and have guns pointed at you? I'm sorry, but the stupid genes are being removed form the pool.
>>
I live in Fresno, ask me anything
>>
>>58424
>Oh boy... I'm the the inexperienced here, eh?
With English as well, clearly.

But clearly yes. Getting a shot off at a target from that range isn't hard. Being shot doesn't affect it all that much. Cry more.
>>
>>58445
He's less than 50 feet from the cops. A small child could hit a man at 50 feet with a pistol.
>>
>>58445
>give me something, dude.

I would but you're already responding to cod bait. Get shit on lol
>>
>>58446
It's not news a lot of countries around the world use the "only shoot when something is visible" rule and it seems to be doing pretty good. Why not try it in the USA before, you know, using your magical prediction powers to prove it wrong?
>>
>>58425
He did. Thankfully the kid was white so this won't be seen on the news.
>>
>>58264
>too many variables
>a taser would have done just fine
What?
>>
>>58367
>clearly not a threat
You can only hold that opinion due to hindsight
>>
>>58436
What do you like on your pizza?
>>
>>58207

His truck matched the description of an assult with deadly force.

Its smart to avoid the same thing happening again
>>
>>58092
The kid had it coming. No, I'm not saying he deserved it. But the kid didn't comply and he looked suspicious as fuck. I probably would have shot his leg or used a taser, but I can't speak for someone else.
>>
>>58461
>shot his leg
This meme really needs to die. One of the number one rules with guns is only aim it at someone if you intend to use lethal force. Otherwise dont use it in the first place.
>>
>>58092
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Wow even laying there he still reaches into his shirt to get the guy to finish him off, he was quite determined.
>>
>>58092
after they shot him the first time, couldn't one officer have run up and grabbed his hands, removing the possibility of him reaching for a gun?
>>
>>58463
>One of the number one rules with guns is only aim it at someone if you intend to use lethal force.
This is so you don't shoot someone on accident. This doesn't mean you need to shoot them in the face or at all after aiming.
>>
>>58452
Super sweet goalpost change. We were discussing if he could shoot the cop. Not if the cop should fire memelord.

Maybe he should have tried following instructions so they wouldn't of used their guns.

>>58463
All noguns think shooting in the leg is this fabulous idea that has no downside. A lot of times it ends up killing the person after their femoral artery has a bullet go through it.
>>
>>58471
No it means aim for the centermass and shoot to kill,
>>
>>58457
Even if I was in that situation and suspected he was holding a knife waiting for me to walk up, why not just fucking TASE the kid? It's gonna bring him down, it won't kill him, and we can ascertain the situation from there.

If this somehow all goes awry, my partner has his gun out.

Or, you know, we can just shoot him while he's bleeding out on the ground. That's cool too.
>>
>>58523
Look, i wasnt even addressing the taser matter, thats a different discussion than what im tryinf to tackle. Guns 101 is when you pull a gun you pull it to shoot and when you shoot you shoot to kill. So to say "I'd shoot his legs" disregards any form of gun saftey training putting you at risk and if you manage to hit, killing them anyways
>>
>>58528
Also i thought you were responding to a different post, but on what you responded to you really cant say "clearly not a threat".
>>
Hahahaha fuck America and Americans. You guys are the Brazil of the first world. I can't wait for the next American civil war as the rest of the world once again watches with popcorn in hand as you fat retards massacre eachother.
>>
I love how this shoot/don't shoot debate ITT is over semantics and not the actual subject.
>>
>>58531
How's that nice Nice massacre going for you, frenchie?
>>
>Resist cops
>Get shot

It's like poetry
>>
>>58139
that sounds great, you should get some more friends that think lke you and enroll in the police force, you'll be the "nice guy squad", see how long you last
>>
>>58186
Men who go around armed with state authority to murder anybody at their own discretion are both brutal murders and pussies.
>>
>>58139
>Unlikely, maybe, but worth a human life if mistaken?

What if he HAD had a gun? Perfectly reasonable to presume on the cops' part. In which case, presuming that he doesn't is the thing putting lives at risk.
>>
>>58452

'Only shoot when something is visible' is a good rule in countries where it's unlikely that the suspect actually has a gun. This isn't the case in the USA, where guns are everywhere. There's very little reason in the case of Dylan Noble for the police to think 'maybe it's not a gun'. And not only that, he was coming directly at them when they finally shot him.

Granted, it seems like tasers are an alternative force that should maybe be used more readily, but I don't know much about how those work and why they're not used if they're seemingly so much better, and I don't want to make any "hurr why don't the police just sharpshoot the bad guy's hand to disarm him!" arguments.
>>
>>58576
Yeah, go anarchy!
>>
>>59056
Yeah, I mean if American police didn't try to shoot first and ask questions later we might be as anarchic as Australia!

Didn't you guys see that four part documentary on Australia, Mad Max!?
>>
>>59351
Oh totally, those terrorist attacks and practically 100% white population and lower population and population density than the US as well as a deregulation in small part of firearms to counter rising crime rates totally is irrelevant! Project Exile be damned!
>>
>>58169
>'protect and serve' means nothing
Did you notice they had their guns drawn while they were in pursuit, before even exiting the vehicle?
A policeman is a peace officer, not a soldier.

They should have used a taser first, but they go for the gun now. It's like ti's their first and only option for any law-breaker now - shoot to kill on failure to comply.
>>
>>58264
Tasers are a good option, but only under ideal conditions. There is always the chance one of the pins won't stick or miss the target entirely. Depending where the pins hit and how far they are from one another will impact it's effect as well. You're right about the leg, too many variables, but the same goes for a taser.
>>
>>58330
No weapon, he was unarmed.

Watch the video, he has his left arm raised and right hand behind his back as he approaches the cops. He doesn't appear to comply to their commands and is shot twice, then shot two more times while on the ground when he didn't show both hands. Kinda looked like suicide by cop.

I can get why he was shot the first two times, but i think the real question is whether he desired the last two while on the ground.
>>
>>59619
Don't you find it interesting that police are armed with lethal weapons, but no non-lethal alternatives?

Bean bag cartridges exist. Rubber bullets exist. Tear gas exists. Flashbangs exist.
These policemen were right by their car, and if it had been equipped with any of those countermeasures, they could have used them instead of hollow points.
>>
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/us/fresno-dylan-noble-shooting-video/index.html

>As Noble walks toward the officers, he hears another command to get on the ground. And Noble says, "I (expletive) hate my life." officers.

Suicide by cop highly likely.
>>
>>58367
Never use "because reasons"
>>
>>58407
Drawing and aiming can be achieved very quickly by someone who regularly practices the motions. Once it's drilled into you it can be as easy as pointing your finger.

I get your point, the officer has the advantage in this situation and I'm not saying this kid is some navy seal commando. BUT the reality is that kid, especially if the officer hesitates (I know I would), if armed is a real threat and COULD get a shot off.
>>
>>58327
Ya i have to agree, he deliberately keeps his right hand behind his back as he walks toward them and doesn't follow their commands.

Dunno if he deserved getting shot while on the ground though...
>>
>>58227
Your partner has a gun pointed at him

>hours later, have hindsight you fucking moron
Yes, and police SHOULD have extensive training to prepare them for these exact situations.
>>
>>58428
Plus it's America dude, anyone could have a gun.

I've lived in Canada for about 14 years now and every time i visit family in the states i always have that "Oh shit, that guy has a gun" moment. Then i remember where i am, and that sign in the restaurant saying "No guns beyond this point" wasn't a joke.
>>
>>59747
Well, even someone who is on the ground after being shot could be able to shoot back, and he still had his hand behind his back.
>>
>>58434
In reality most do follow their orders and don't get shot, but i get it.

I think this is a suicide by cop situation, not some entitled dumbass kid who thought he could fuck wit' da po po and get away with it.
>>
>>58273
The only shady part to me is the fact that they shot him 2 more times after he was on the ground.
>>
>>59918
He was fully aware of what he was doing with his body language.
>only one hand visible in car
>gets out of car without being told to
>walks away without holding hands up
>walks back towards policemen while playing with belt and back pocket

And yet...
>doesn't draw a weapon despite ample opportunity

The surprising thing is that the policemen didn't know he was deliberately baiting them. They clearly weren't trained well enough to handle the situation. That or they're psychopaths, which seems to be all the police departments in the US will hire anymore.
>>
>>59932
>doesn't draw a weapon despite ample opportunity

Keep in mind the possibilities that, if he had a gun, he may have been:
1) Walking closer to get better aim
2) Still deciding whether to draw or surrender
3) Stalling because he was nervous
4) Mentally ill, tripping, or otherwise not thinking straight enough to use the opportunity

And it seems like the cops had every reason to suspect he was armed and dangerous. His behavior wouldn't be optimal for a shootout but nothing he did points to him not about to pull a gun and shoot.
>>
>>59665
I'm only trying to point out that there is no perfect solution. If an officer is face to face with an individual who they believe is armed with a lethal weapon i understand why they would respond in kind.

Should non-lethal options be used more often? Absolutely. The militarization of the police in the US is a huge problem and not just in terms of the equipment used, but the attitude as well. Police should always try to defuse and deescalate the situation whenever possible, but all too often the opposite happens.
>>
>>59011
People exaggerate the effectiveness of tasers, like they're the silver bullet to every situation. There are plenty of vids where one is deployed and for whatever reason doesn't work or just pisses the guy off rather than subdue him.
>>
>>59920
Maybe because they were freaked the fuck out. And when they saw him reaching for his wound, they thought he was reaching for a weapon. I'd probably do the same thing tbh.
>>
>>58971

>randomly stop a person just minding their own business, getting through the day
>if the person does anything suspicious gun them down, just in case
>>
>>58463
I'm pretty sure the "aim to kill or don't use it at all" rule applies to every single thing you use as a weapon.
>>
>>59979
No, it doesn't, in the sense that there are exceptions. However, it takes a lot more skill to use weapons to subdue if they're built to kill instead and it takes a lot of training to be able to do that. Cops aren't at that level, of course. Far from it.
>>
Fresno is unironically one of the worst shitholes imaginable, and I've been to some 3rd world areas like rural Mexico and Quebec.

Am not surprised someone is sudokuing there.
>>
>>58092
>shoot someone
>still tell them to put their hands up

Are cops fucking retarded?
Do they not know that getting shot causes so much pain that your brain essentially shuts down your nervous system for a while, that's why someone getting shot just fucking drops down like a ragdoll, instead of walking on.
>>
>>59932
Hindsight's 20/20 retarded, autistic, muslim, liberal, fascist motherfucker!
>>
Seems like American police just can't stop shooting unarmed people.
>>
>>59993

The only retard is the one who didn't comply before getting shot. Why black people would rather prefer getting shot over having a short and pleasant conversation with a cop is something I'll never understand. Especially considering how high racial tensions are, they really should consider how cops are on the edge and it's just an asshole thing to do
>>
>>60028
Just do one gut-shot and the guy is going to be limp on the ground, there is literally no reason to keep shooting him after he's down
>>
>>60032
unless he's dead, there is no guarantee he wont start firing back.
>>
>>60033
Life is not an action movie, you imbecile
Getting shot instantly puts your body into shock, you can't just walk it off, whip out your guns and shoot everyone
>>
>>58092
These cops should be using tasers or stun guns, isn't this fucking obvious?
>>
>>58092
They could have imobilized the man after the first shot. Lazy fuckers.
>>
>>60000
>>
>>60034
>Getting shot instantly puts your body into shock, you can't just walk it off, whip out your guns and shoot everyone

that depends 100% on the person, and the place where he's gotten shot.
going to shock can vary from pretty much no change at all (dizziness/nausea, no feeling of pain, slight panic) to complete collapse
>>
>>58224
Hard to believe that people as stupid as you exist. Amazingly, you have survived long enough to come here and yet you can't grasp simple concepts.
>>
>>58531
Ahh, poor third world junkie got triggered? Poor lad.
>>
>>59881
Man, you Canadian dudes sure are girly faggots.
>>
>>60086
Hey don't listen to this liberal fruit cake who im guessing comes form the west coast or better know as the land of the faggots. Real canadians own, use, and like guns myself included. Sure the laws suck shit out here but you can still get around them. I live/work on a farm and keep a gun in the cab of my tractor for wolfs, coyotes, beavers, and really anything i can find. So tl;dr guns fucking rock dont ban them, and west coast is for pussies
>>
>>58256
They would be sued for doing so.

Cops are only allowed to shot if the person is a immediate deadly threat. If you don't shoot to kill then it implies you did not find that person to be an immediate deadly threat, and as such had no reason to shoot at all.
>>
>>58339
First two shoot might have been justified. Second two were not.
>>
>>58092
Is it normal for them to pull out their guns and point them at the vehicle WHILE THEY'RE STILL DRIVING?
The fuck?
>>
>>58169
>police lives being worth more than an innocent civilian's
>>
>I fucking hate my life
To be honest, that's what I'd say if I was about to be killed just because I'm born black.
This nigga however probably accuse the white devil of making his pants wet when he pisses with his hands behind his back.
>>
>>60034
I like how everyone's certain there's this magical 'shock' thing which exists and prevents people from acting coherently when they're injured.

Try looking it up sometime.

There are a couple types of medical, physical shock, basically losing blood pressure or spinal fluid.
They don't do the things you think they do.

What you're thinking of is psychological hocus pocus that depends ENTIRELY on the person's state of mind.
And frankly, it's action movies that perpetuate the myth of 'shot in the stomach = incapacitated & dead in 5 minutes'.
No.
>>
>>58106
A finger box to be exact
>>
>>60119
But only bad guys have shock. And it's only so they don't die on screen (because age ratings) but are still incapacitated by the dozen per bullet.
Good guys however are able to run with their wounded best secondary character on the shoulder even after having their legs broken in a previous scene. They can survive losing a few gallons of blood too.
(Secondary character wounds' lethality and ability to create shock depends on plot.)

>>60120
kek, I was wondering what was in the box too.
DickInABox.webm
>>
>>60028
>black
>pleasant conversation with a cop

Impossible. Even for most white people. What is wrong with our fucking police?

I got an entire rural county full of crack and they waste their police force delivering mail for ROs from out of state or traffics stops.
>>
>>58367
traffic stop (did the lady say he might be armed? couldn't hear)
>guns out, no tasers because reasons

You're high speed retarded son. They are looking for an armed suspect. You always go one level higher than the suspect to control the situation.

They pull over someone with a gun that's uncooperative. Tazers malfunction or don't connect because of clothing all the time. Congratulations you now have two dead cops and a murderer running around free with a gun.

Let's get our military armed with tazers, they shouldn't be killing people when we have these magic pals with 100% success rate and unlimited range.
>>
>>60195
Exactly. Everyone seems to think we've perfected this device that is an irl stun but half the time it doesnt connect or doesnt work (drugs, wrong placement of pins) and if it is a gun he's holding he's definitely going to shoot if you fire a taser at him >.>
>>
>>58092
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTCgMxx50qs
>Cops had their guns out while driving!

What the fuck?!

>Cops had their guns out when the only thing he did wrong was speeding

What the fuck?

>Cops keep telling him to put his hands up when they seem to be up

What the fuck?

>Kid keeps putting his right hand behind his back

What the fuck?

>Cop shoots
>Cop shoots again 1 second latter

What the fuck?

>Cop shoots him some more as he puts pressure on his wound

What the fuck?

>Kid puts his hand in his shirt/pants

What the fuck?

Retards all around but the cops somewhat more so.

>>58098

They should have waited until he rushed them or something.

>>58101

Cops shouldn't be enabling suicides. It will only encourage more people to do it.
>>
>>60201
plus a suprisingly high kill rate with tazers anyways.
>>
>>60213
>Cop shoots
>Cop shoots again 1 second latter
>What the fuck?
I think they are trained to shoot twice, just in case the first one misses.
>>
>>60242
They are trained to shoot to kill.

If someone a police officer intended to kill lived, it could get really messy with lawsuits and all that.

Might also be that, too. They go through what a lot of the army does in dehumanization. Turn everything reflex based so they don't hesitate when the target is real.
>>
>>60213
>>60242
>>60246

actually it showed a lot of restraint. A lot of these cop stories have dozens or hundreds of bullets fired at single suspects.
>>
The video seems pretty clear that this is a suicide by cop, nothing to see here.
>>
Interesting how when police know they are under the national spotlight they have no trouble taking down unarmed suspects with nonlethal weapons, but whenever it's just a couple of them on the street they go for their firearms first.
>>
>>58144
It's the new insurance scam.
>hey johnny I've got your clean clothes here what are you up to JOHNNY NO DON'T HANG YOURSELF let a cop kill you so we can sue for some sweet crack money after you're dead
>>
>>60423
>I create my own false narratives ;)
>>
>>60423
>Interesting how when police know they are under the national spotlight they have no trouble taking down unarmed suspects with nonlethal weapons
Literally when?
>>
>>60195
>>60201
If we've got two cops approaching a suspect, we don't need BOTH to have firearms out or BOTH to just have tasers. Split it up. One guy has pistol out, probably passenger seat since he doesn't need to worry as much about the car and he's got the more important job. Driver has taser.

During that long period when the suspect wasn't complying and he was out of the car, driver cop tases him.

On your arguments I decided to look up the stats for taser success rates. One Australian paper found an 86% success rate in a little over 100 cases. Some other places said higher, others lower. We can assume the taser would probably work about 70-85% of the time. If it doesn't work and he's still standing, fine, at least you tried.

If the officers REALLY wanted to try again, the taser guy could draw his pistol and the passenger cop could try his taser at range.

Absolute worst case scenario, the guy tries to draw his gun after getting tased. Passenger cop is already drawn and aiming at him and can drop him at that point.

>>60241
It's not as bad as going intenionally lethal.
>>
>>58273
Officer was looking for man with a rifle. Suspect he wants to question has no rifle. Obviously, has no rifle. Cop demands things from suspect that he has no right to question or detain. Pulls gun on suspect that has not threatened him or shown any hostility towards him. Shoots said suspect when he doesn't comply with orders. Then, when said suspect is on the ground with both hands in sight, shoots suspect again.

Guns should stay in holsters until violence is almost guaranteed. Cops are citizens as well, if they go around threatening with guns, they are as bad as the supposed criminals they were hired to stop. If a cop has the right to demand we have no weapon at any time, we as fellow citizens have the same right.
>>
>>60878
He doesn't 'obviously' not have a rifle, they didn't even search the car.
>>
>>60880
Not him, but are you being deliberately obtuse?

He did not have a rifle on his person. It is fairly easy to tell if someone is holding a rifle or has one strapped to them in some manner.
>>
>>60891

But he could have had a collapsible assault rifle for which he had meticulously practiced rapid assembly such that he could ready and fire discretely with his back turned in under 15 seconds.

Or he could have been highly trained in krav maga and as soon as he got within 5 feet of the officers disarmed both of them and shot them in the face before they could blink, rendering their vests useless.

You never know. That's why a taser is simply too risky to ever think of using in any case, or for that matter even approaching a person not already face down on the ground.
>>
>>60892
meh troll, I give it 5/10 if not for the collapsible assault rifle part
>>
>>60895
>collapsible assault rifle

Was thinking of this backpack sniper rifle among other designs (also for Turkish thread):

defensereview.com/remington-defense-csr-concealable-sniper-rifle-rucksack-rifle-lightweight-compact-7-62mm-nato-308-win-bolt-action-breakdowntakedown-suppressed-sniper-carbine-with-14-16-proof-research-c/
>>
>>60891
>>60891
Why does it have to be on his person? He could have easily left it in the cab.

If my threat level was constantly assessed by what I have on my person, then I would never be considered a threat despite owning a few guns. I simply don't walk out of my house strapped to the teeth.

The guy got out of his car, walked around, ignored the very simple demands of the cop, and had his hand behind his back for the entire situation. He even shouted about hating his life, made quick movements, and moved closer to the officer. The fact that you're defending any of that is ridiculous.
>>
suicide by cop

what's the problem
>>
>>60900
In case you aren't trolling: there's no way you'd be able to assemble that with any kind of stealth while getting out of a car, walking around, and dealing with police who are pointing guns at you. There's a long period in the video where we SEE BOTH HIS HANDS AS HE WALKS AROUND and he's not holding anything, much less the parts to a rifle like that.

Plus, someone (claimed to have) OBSERVED HIM AND HIS RIFLE. If he had some crazy-ass conceable rifle, why wasn't it concealed so a random chucklefuck couldn't see it on the street? Does not add up at all. Come on, man, try harder.

>>60902
As said earlier in the thread--at least ATTEMPT to tase him from range before you shoot him. Clearly there's something wrong with the original intel if all of the following are true (as we see in the video):

1. he's not carrying the rifle they said he was
2. he's evidently being intentionally non-compliant, BUT:
3. he's not being hostile

To be fair to the officers, while we can see very clearly in the video that it's just his phone in his hand, it's not unreasonable to think that in a high stress situation they wouldn't be able to focus on it quickly enough to identify it.

But the issue is that both of them went in with guns raised, and then after the intel they got was very clearly incorrect, continued like it was unchanged, and AFTER shooting the suspect the officer gave him a fucking dead check when it was 100% unneccessary.

The fact that you're defending any of that is ridiculous.
>>
>>60213
>Waited till he rushed them

Do you know how quickly someone, especially a skinny ass negroid, can close a gap of 15 feet?

Pretty fucking quick. If he did have a knife or something concealed those officers would have been in danger. I see no fault in what they did.

Put yourself in their shoes, thug is walking towards you with a hand behind his back, he has no intention of listening to you. What do you do?
>>
Muslim extremists never get stopped on their mass killings but if a black person is holding a stick of gum he gets gunned down by militarized police armies you idiots dug your own martial law tyranny graves
>>
>>60911

The collapsible rifle thing was just as an example to anon to show that police should still treat the suspect as potentially deadly even if they could not find the rifle in the car.

If the rifle was there, then it's even easier -- there's tons of ways to conceal a handgun or even a compact smg/assault rifle (mp5k), and a well-trained well-practiced assailant could easily take out both cops with two shots from a semiautomatic when starting with the back turned. And even if the guy was lying down with his hands behind his back, complying with all orders, the possibility that he's ex-specops or krav-maga-trained makes it too risky even then to not have lethal force ready at all times when apprehending, even (or especially) when he's unarmed (since that's what those guys train for most).

Hell, I'm impressed these cops had the balls to even approach without a tactical shotgun.
>>
>>58264
>no don't shoot him in the leg, they'll hit an artery.
>Kid gets 4 rounds to the chest.

Yeah they should have used a taser. Stupid fucks.
>>
>>60918
Be honest, bleeding heart fags like yourself and your PC bullshit are the only reason mudslimes even get beyond the planning stages

And the only reason niggers get shot first is because they're belligerent subhumans who think it's okay to get in some ones face every time they're confronted. Which is also your fault because you cucks let them get away with it all the time and now it the norm. Also, every time a cop get shot or shot at it's a 50% niggers, 40% wetbacks, 9% cum stains, 1% everyone else.
>>
>>60965
>Unreliable beyond 10 feet
>Unreliable against people under the influence >Unreliable against this fuck who was pumped full of adrenaline
>Unreliable against people in loose/thick clothing
>Doesn't immediately immobilize

Why do all you stupid fucks think that tasers are some kind of super effective never fail weapon or shooting an arm or a leg is even a viable option.
You might as well shoot of his pinky tip from a hundred yards while in your moving vehicles then guarantee his peaceful surrender using 'VOICE OF AUTHORITY' over the loudspeaker
>>
>>60971

When a taser connects properly it is 100% denial. A gun must be fired until the threat is neutralized, which in some cases has apparently required cops to empty one or two full clips into a suspect's chest.

Tasers may not connect 100% of the time (previous anon said they connect 85% of the time in the heady cases), but guns rarely neutralize on the first bullet.
>>
>>60119
Have you ever heard the term "hydrostatic shock"?

You should look that one up.

>this magical 'shock' thing which exists and prevents people from acting coherently when they're injured.

There are many factors that prevent people from acting coherently when injured. Adrenaline is common. So is blood loss, and general confusion. Some people can't act coherently on a GOOD day.

t. EMT
>>
>>60971
Even a taser would have been extreme overkill.

What kind of cop can't deal with an unarmed kid?

Fuck outta here.
>>
>>60914
>Put yourself in their shoes, thug is walking towards you with a hand behind his back, he has no intention of listening to you. What do you do?

>thug
wow, I'll ignore that for now.

>What do you do?
Well I sure as hell don't murder him. From what I've read, the cops fucked up royally on this one. Imagine if the kid turned out to have a hearing problem, or didn't speak english or something?

You don't just gun someone the fuck down for not complying with your every word instantly. ESPECIALLY if you are a cop.
>>
>>58169
>Thinks that a that a cop is more than an another human
U better kill yourself kido
>>
>>60985
This person whom officers have no prior insight or knowledge of who he is, all they know is that this person is being non complient with the commands of an officer while weapons are drawn.

If it where me, or any other sane person, I would be doing every thing the officers where telling me. Thats how people should react to police. End of story.
>>
>ITT: Civilians thinking they know anything about law enforcement and have never been in a potentially lethal situation

It's real easy to talk about justice and tasers and shooting people in their legs when you're in the comfort of your home.
I'd like you to try going to the nearest police station, borrow and wear a uniform, and then go take a walk at the ghettoest neighborhood in your town.
Let's see how you deal with the pressure of literally everyone around hating and wishing you dead.

I feel sorry for police officers. Do nothing, and they get called useless. Do something, and they get called brutes, criminals and murderers. Only by dying on duty they're considered heroes, as proven by the recent murder of 3 or so officers.
>>
>>60985
This has to be bait. Did you even watch the video?
>>
>>60943
You overestimate the abilities of an unarmed martial artist. You need to be really, really fucking good or have exceptional luck to beat two guys armed with firearms. And I mean GOOD. Even special forces training isn't going to help you when you've already been shot and one guy is on top of you putting cuffs on and the other guy has a pistol aimed at your dick.
>>
The kid committed suicide by cop...
>>
>>60975
That's simply not true. There are shit loads of videos of people who get hit by tasers who just keep on trucking
>>
>>61062
>namefagging
>as "amazing atheist"

edgy
>>
While I generally support BLM, I think the reality is somewhere in-between what they push and what Conservatives push. This is evidence of that.

Could the police have resolved this another way? Possibly. Did the kid receive ample warning? Absolutely. Was the shooting justified? Given that they couldn't ascertain he was unarmed, and WARNED him in spite of that, I think so yes.
>>
>>61062
So are you THE Amazing Atheist, or just an atheist who feels obligated to make that fact known? Either way, you're a tool.
>>
dindu nuffins hahahHAHAHAHAHAH im so original right fellow redpillers? xDDDD
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.