[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bernie gives in and endorses Hillary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 1

File: 1366059268289.jpg (16KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1366059268289.jpg
16KB, 500x384px
speaking of Hilary's policies, what do you all think of Bernie now endorsing Hilary all of a sudden? He basically made her swear to increase to minimum wage to $15/hr. She claims that she will crack down on Corporations who try to do unfair practices and move over seas by giving rewards to those who don't how likely do you think this is to brace against a shit load of inevitable retaliation from businesses if this bill is passed?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders/index.html
>>
I doubt she will do anything much for benefits and even if she does, they'll be too small to overshadow the benefits of exporting jobs to other countries ESPECIALLY with a $15hr minimum wage

Basically just another bunch of useless band aids on a problem while cutting you somewhere else
>>
>>57819
Are you a democrat? What was your opinion on Bernie's view on guns?
>>
>>57819
Hmm so that's why no one voted for Sanders...
Is there any possible way to get passed this problem? Would that involve making a law to punish corporations that move oversees by idk, making them pay a shit load more in tariffs on goods that have to be imported? This coupled with incentives to companies that don't move.
>>
>>57817
jews will be jews
>>
>>57817
the DNC blackmailed hiim into it.

>>57821
diff. anon here. his stance on guns is not the way to go. hillary was better on it.
>>
>>57817
>all of a sudden
You do know this was planned weeks ago, right?
>>
Hillary probably won't even mention the $15/hr minimum wage increase going forward. In the unlikely scenarios that (1) she gets elected and (2) she does bring it up once in office, she'll only do so one time after which she won't insist on it in negotiations.
>>
>>57886
I think it's pretty likely that she's getting elected. When's the last time you can recall our Zionist overlords not getting what they want?
But in all seriousness, Clinton has more allies on either side of the aisle than trump could ever hope for. If you don't think the powers that b won't fudge the numbers to get hillary in, you forget what country you're stuck in.
>>
>>57817
Bernie got "Ron Pauled", and the rest of got "Grubered".
>>
It's all smoke and mirrors...Bern got his planks in the platform, big deal... Hillary doesn't care about the platform.
>>
>>57896
Once trump lost the ability to use his rhetoric after overstepping his boundries within it, he left the news, and started sliding down the polls. This could have happened at any time during his campaign, but instead of occuring a year ago, it happened a few months ago, eight before the home stretch of the campaign. The only way I see the republican party actually ever winning another presidential election in the next 8 years (because lets face it, if he loses trump will run again) is if they throw out Donald Trump at the GNC, which is pretty unlikely, especially at the 11th hour. All Hillary has to do is continue to be "presidential" for the next few months and she will defintley clinch the election.
>>
>>57896
If you look at approval polls Trump is in the shitter, and Hillary is 20 percentage points less disapproved of

It's the lesser of two evils, and the people will pick Hillary
>>
>>57926
>>57930
No. Trump must win. Else we're doomed.
>>
>>57886
So she's just saying that to gain back Berne supporters and college students?
Is there really anyway to increase the minimum wage and deal with the coporayw backlash?
>>
>>57943
what exactly will trump do to help the economy besides build a "large wall" (wherever the hell he planned to get the money for that) to prevent illegals? How will he deal with the national debt crisis at the very least? Last time I checked, he thought it best just to default.
>>
>>57883
I'm a pro-gun republican and I just started actually hearing about Bernie sanders view on guns, hence why I asked. Why did he have such a huge following while having top priority republican ideals in some areas? I can't figure it out.

Anywho, it's a lost cause now.
>>
>>58017
Better than Hillary pushing another AWB on the blood of fags and children
>>
>>58032
AWB? And I would say they both suck. I have no faith that any of these assholes will end our involvement with the war, fix of debt crisis, and help the average American. It's all just cheap talk. I forsee that Hilary is probably at least better at international relations than trump though.
>>
>>58032
>pushing another AWB
You know there hasn't been a successful one of those in 25 years, right?
>>
Do people really think Bernie wasn't going to endorse her?

Third party candidates are great but it's too late in the cycle; a vote for Stein takes away from Clinton and makes a Trump victory more possible...which Bernie wants less than a Hillary victory.

It's also been common knowledge that if he didn't get the nomination he would support her for like 6 months now.
>>
>>58025
Because not all leftists are liberals.

Same way you can be a conservative and not give a shit about gay marriage.
>>
>>58043
What I mean is, he made it clear he is only doing this if she stays on his platform with minimum wage and free college education (lolno) which Im wonsering is even possible to maintain given corporations will simply say fuck you. That's the point of my post.
>>
>>58017
Uhhh...you do realize the US gives Mexico MILLIONS of dollars, right? Trump would come up with the money to build a wall by withholding the money from Mexico and using it to build his wall. It would be a double fuck you to Mexico, which would be hilarious.
>>
Hillary's word is worth less than nothing.

I'm not voting for Hillary or Trump. Fuck this election.
>>
>>58058
>>
>>57824
New Tariffs is a Trump thing fyi
So if you can stand the mans flaws..
>>
>>58017
The national debt to China is literally meaningless no one educated in finance gives a shit only the uninformed do
>>
I do wonder, how much of the 222 million he got from donations was spent towards his political campaign? Does that mean the money leftover from that goes towards Hillary's campaign now? If so then I feel pretty bad for those regular schmoes who donated thousands of dollars to Bernie.
>>
Im not an american, but if i can say my opinion i think that a female won't guide your country into a golden age, neither can trump, he is too old. Why not boycott the elections?
>>
>>58083
Because we can't let the otherside win.
>>
>>58085
>otherside
Who is the otherside?
>>
>>58058
Can Americans issue a blank vote? In my country, blank voting billets are counted as a protest. Too many blank votes and the election Has to be redone.
>>
>>58049
>we should make political decisions based on how funny they are
>>
>>58097
no
>>
>>58111
I should clarify that one can write in a vote for anyone they like, real or fictitious.
>>
>>58096
Fucking idiots thats who
>>
>>58097

Yes, but it just means one less vote is counted. There's no "blank vote" tally. Best way to "protest" is probably vote 3rd-party.

>>58111

moron.
>>
>>58131
>There's no "blank vote" tally.
in other words, no
>>
>>57817
#CantPerryTheGary
>>
>>57824
No, punishing corporations like the fundamentally violates the principals of free trade that have allowed the US and other developed countries to develop despite typical economics saying that the increase in social services would counteract that. Businesses, like life, always find a way.

I would recommend a shrinking population where there are fewer but much more well trained and educated individuals but that's not a realistic solution.

The big reason people complain about this shit nowadays is their bread and circus is lacking on the bread end. Give people access to housing, food and shelter and some basic Internet for Netflix and you won't hear a peep
>>
>>57885
It was planned the day Sanders registered to run as a Democrat.
>>
>>57943
Just because you'll commit suicide doesn't mean all of us are doomed you actual homosexual.
>>
>>58159
>No, punishing corporations like the fundamentally violates the principals of free trade that have allowed the US and other developed countries to develop despite typical economics saying that the increase in social services would counteract that. Businesses, like life, always find a way.

Wow. Learn2History. Maybe for starters try en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariffs_in_United_States_history
>>
>>58178
Just like it was planned for Ron Paul to endorse Romney?
>>
>>58216
Yes. As a member of a party you sign a contract to endorse the candidate who wins the nomination.
>>
>>58079
>National debt is meaningless
Deficit spending isn't necessarily wrong but you know absolute shit about economics if you actually believe debt is meaningless.
>>
>>57817
Increasing the minimum wage is probably the stupidest "concession" he could have gotten out of her, and will just do nothing but cause people to lose their jobs and full time status because nobody can afford to pay burger flippers $15 an hour, and will instead either just replace you with a robot or cause businesses to shut down or inflation to jump up to Australia levels, where everyone makes more money but then everything is more expensive so it doesn't fucking make a difference.

I hope everyone that pushes this retarded garbage kills themselves for thinking they can just vote themselves more money with no regard for what money actually is and why it has any sort of value to anyone anywhere ever for any reason.
>>
>>57926
Have you actually seen the news lately or what
>>
>>58240
Ron Paul refused to endorse Romney.
You've missed Anon's point and you have received an F in recent political history and in being too dense to infer what you obviously lacked in knowledge given the context.
>>
>>58240
That's not how it works at all.
>>
NO LONGER SHALL THE GENTLE LABORER SUFFER.
>>
>>58410
When it comes to a $15 minimum wage huge multinational corporations will be fine but small businesses get fucked hard and thus said corporations become even more powerful when those small businesses shut down. I guess it wasnt enough to just destroy the middle class
>>
>>58511
Ron Paul also had to give the money back, you mongoloid. But great job learning that history.
>>
>>58410
It hasb't "shut down business" in california where it is currently being inplemented. I think you'll find that when people have more money to spend, they often will.
>>
>>58617
They'll have to because everything will be more expensive.
>>
>>60202
There is nothing supporting the idea that raising minimum wage this much will increase prices, especially if they go through with all those firings you droned on about.

There is, however, data supporting the idea that the prices of things rose while wages remained stagnant. So what'll it be? Paying more and being paid less, or paying more and being paid more?
>>
>>60223
In NZ the wage has gone up every 3 years or something

I used to get $13 an hour and now I get $16 an hour

Milk was $3 for 4 litres (2x2 litres) now it is $6 for the same amount

Australia also has lost car manufacturing due to it being cheaper to make cars offshore and import them back to Aussie

Min wage rises fuck everything
>>
>>60229
correlation-vs-causation, dumbass.
>>
>>60234
Rising labour costs have been noted by GM to move car manufacturing offshore

And NZ is a dairy centric country, you could sell things using milk as a metric if it didn't degrade

Also, you can't hire fuckwits to sweep floors anymore
>>
>>60240
NZ is an ecomony magnitudes smaller than the US. A small change there could create a ripple and cause huge changes over the course of a small period of time. In the us, an entire state could go bust and the rest of us would barely feel the effects of it. The state of california, not even the whole country of the US just the state, has an economy more than 10 times the size of your own. Just think about that for a second. Think of a state that comes up in the news alot for being poor, or is stereotyped for being rednecky and southern. Lets say alabama. The state of alabama's economy is avout 25 billion dollars larger than your own. To us americans your country is so insignificant economically. If you didn't exist it would make no difference to us tradewise. That is the size of the US. Raising the minimum wage in california will not raise the price of milk their because the milk because even if the milk being produced in california would be more expensive, it could just come from colorado. Or washington, or arizona, or litterally 10 different places, it doesn't matter. If the red states keep labor prices low and unkowingly use the same strategy that we use when trading with china to be able to biy their products for cheap then so be it. By the time the red states realize that the abject lives of their citizens pale in comparison to that of the ones living in the prosperous blue states it will already be too late, and their will be no more room to change.
>>
>>58617
California is bleeding businesses to Washington, Oregon, Texas, and Colorado, my friend.

California also has more expensive everything compared to the rest of the country.
>>
>>60223
>There is nothing supporting the idea that raising minimum wage this much will increase prices

Please raise your IQ above that of a moderately sized ape before posting here.
>>
>>58617
There's a good reason why states can adjust minimum wage on their own as long as its above national requirements. Of course its going to work fine in California but it would be a literal death sentence to more rural communities.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.