[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW3 is here, baby!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 0

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/08/politics/russia-attack-us-diplomat/index.html

>Close calls by both nations trying to provoke the other into an incident.

> Both sides spreading propaganda about their troops in Syria being killed by the other.

>Both nations removing diplomats.

> Russian forces and American spec ops both on the ground fighting in the same battles.

I hoped it would not happen in my lifetime, but looks like we're about to go for a ride. FOBs in Russia are going to be cold as hell.
>>
UK here, we not getting involved GL HF guys
>>
>>57211
We do this every WW. You brits don't want to get involved at the start, then you come in at halftime. Don't you wanna be a 1st string starter for once?
>>
Meh, nothing will come of it.
>>
>>57208
If WW3 happens it is at the end of an American & NATO lead concerted, build up to counter a perceived danger to American global domination. And not because of some embassy spat.
It on the US agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahEdcuxlN1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EriEOWHPqcU>>57238

>>57238
Don't believe it! Something will happen at some point.
>>
>>57211
UK, we didn't let you vote to leave the EU for nothing. You're our bitch now. You know how this TV cliché goes, you do what we say until you get fed up and speak up, but in this case we will kill you.
>>
>>57240
At some point in time? Probably. Don't think that point is going to happen when you or me is alive though.
>>
>>57208
No one knows when WW#3 will happen. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, and maybe 342 years 4 months 1 week 2 days 3 hours and 10 minutes from this post. Who knows? No one
>>
>>57340
Actually, I know.
>>
Russia is like the lamest country to wage WW3 over right now.

No economy, their oil production is just equal to the Saudis who are perfectly willing to trade with the West without being complete dicks about European and UN politics, their geopolitical influence consists entirely of beating up defenseless former SSRs, half the former Warsaw Pact is now in NATO, and their human rights violations are comparable to some of the shit Brazil and India do sometimes.

Nah, we'll save it for the real threat, like Britain when it gets desperate after 30 years of a post-Brexit economy
>>
>>57418
plz tell
>>
>>57419
In all honesty no military can threaten the US right now.
>>
>>57440
But that's what propaganda wants you to think
>>
>>57443
Noone spends as much money on the military as the US.
>>
>>57449
China could match, solely through strength in numbers. But we're on pretty good terms with China, even if the news tries to paint us as ideological opposites.
>>
>>57455
Thia number argument always comes up... even in number the sheer might of american batttle ships, planes, ground vehicles, and arsenal still is miles ahead of any country. Hue numbers in troops dont really matter to much when youd never get them to the shore of the opposing country.. the american navy outnumbers china massivley in carriers and subs
>>
>>57455
the pacific ocean says hello, you can have as many men as you want, but without land to cross, your going to a shitfucking hell of a time getting them across the ocean. They don't have a navy large enough to move such numbers.
>>
>>57455
There's not enough money to be made from a full on WW. It won't happen anytime soon.
>>
>>57208

There would be no WW3 wtih Rusia as a major player. They can simply not afford a big comflict,economicly.

If you like geopolitics previsions,most writers bet their money on a WW3 in the second part of the century,having countries as Turkey and Poland in the middle of things,due to their incredibly fast increasing political influence and strategical importance. I would say countries like Romania and Hungary will play a major role too. Just look at the way these countries are constantly growing,increasing their defense budget,and increase in technologisation.
>>
of course you will, especially after the economic effect Brexit had
>>
>>57564
Most of these countries you mention have defensive militaries, none of them could be an aggressor(at least not an effective one) if there was a war and they were in the middle of it.
>>
>>57556

Good point. Japan realized that very quickly too. They conquered a small bit of "territory" in Alaska -- a military/research station temporarily occupied by a handful of people for part of the year in an uninhabitable area. The U.S. found the very concept supremely offensive, even though it was of zero strategic importance and considerable Japanese expense to hold, and wasted a lot of money and resources to mount a counterattack.

So yeah, even "going through" Alaska would suck balls and be pointless anyway. Oh, and since both Japan and RoK (not to mention all the U.S. Pacific territories that we never had to give up unlike the Europeans because we're special) would be allies this time, the U.S. has no problems getting hardware into China.

China's war could only be defensive. Unless they had an ally to open a second front, they'd be fucking steamrolled.
>>
>>57211
You have no choice. If we start shit, you're getting dragged into it. That's what NATO is all about.
>>
>>57212
This.
>>
>>57564
WW3, if there is one (as opposed to prolonged separate conflicts with substantial time between them), will be a cold war fought slowly and excruciatingly using PMC's.

Remember the landgrab in ukraine? how it was reported that there were soldiers out with no recognizable badges? At first the common media seemed to suggest to the average citizen that these were sneaky ruski's that were ordered to remove identifying materials from their uniforms, but that doesn't necessarily have to be true. I'd wager they were private military contractors acting on behalf of russia so if shit hit the fan russia could claim they were not accountable. After all, if PMC's contracted by russia make russia accountable for war crimes, wouldn't USA PMC's make USA accountable for their actions in middle east? It was all part of a big bluff to test how far they can go.
>>
Prople who think that there is even a chance of the USA attacking China should think a bit more about the economic part of war.
The usa cant afford to lose cheap labor. It would make them unable to compete with other nations and when they wreck china nearly every country is going to go down the drain.
>>
>>57212
Your sentiment is right, but your facts are only applicable to recent events.
As I remember, Brits were getting their asses handed to them in the 1940's by a country they had ignored too long, and then waited for the colonists to come jump on board to win their fight for them. If I were British, I'd probably celebrate Pearl Harbor Day as a day of salvation.
>>
The US people aren't interested in fighting another foreign war. China knows this. China has no interest in prolonged conflict with US forces, land, sea, or air. What WILL happen is a very short regional conflict in the south china sea, which may result in china aiming a few dozen long range missiles at strategic points, such as US allies in the SC sea, or possibly (but unlikely) at US aircraft carriers/ island naval bases. They're never going to so much as threaten the mainland US: they have nothing to gain and everything to lose from a full scale invasion. This is the problem with the American attitude - always, americans assume that they're going to have to deal with some massive blitz on their homeland, when most of America's enemies would never think of such a thing, excepting a few rogue terrorists. Americans never think that they might be drawn into a conflict where they are never attacked, but will still lose out in the end. All china is looking to do is kick the American navy out of their local swimming pool. After a few months of fighting, they will likely address the US public directly, mention all the money/soldiers/resources the US is wasting over a bunch of "insignificant" islands. China, if successful, will then take over the role of patrolling the SCS and keeping it free of pirates and other scum.. All while enforcing their own ideas of maritime justice, and probably getting a good amount of money from tributes/taxes/tolls/whatever they call it.
If china can get that much (and if you don't think they can you underestimate how good the chinks are at playing slow, steady war games), they'll have won a significant victory against America and it will fuel their larger cultural war against the west for decades to come.
>>
>>57688
>The US people aren't interested in fighting another foreign war.

The US military branch of gov or the US citizens? When the conflict in Syria was still in it's early phase during the end of the Arab spring, I remember regularly US main news shows topic of the day all parroting "Are we going to war? Is USA going to war? Is this 'our' new Iraq?"

Politician could easily ride the popularity boost by telling the people what they want to hear, like dubya B. did.
>>
>>57418
When then?
>>
>>57564
>Turkey
>Poland
>Romania
>Hungary

we are talking 2-4% economic growth rate barely above what eu and us have right know. Also lack of kids doesnt help
>>
>>57443
I was in the AF, trust me when I say that no other military in the world can match what the US can do, it's fucking crazy.
>>
>>57211
No, you're superheroes - Brexit proves it!
>>
>>57688
You'd be surprised by how many Americans are willing to fight to "defend freedom and the constitution" there's plenty of dipshits out there that buy into all that crap and would happily go to war over it.
>>
>>57730
The number willing to go to war for those reasons may be lessening, as people discover that more and more "freedom and the Constitution" are more in danger from domestic trends than foreign enemies. Why go spill blood to fight Islamic radicals or communists abroad, when those groups already have naive sympathizers and apologists here that are a much greater threat to freedom and the Constitution?
>>
>>57664
China needs US more than vice versa. Any war between us would crash their manufacturing economy with no survivors
>>
>>57738
I get where you are coming from on this and I would agree with your logic; however, the amount people I came across in the mil who were convinced that the greatest threat to the US was Islam and "sand niggers" was absolutely shocking, truly changed my perspective on alot of our population. And for every one of them already serving in the armed forces there are hundreds of morons in their hometowns who feel the same way. Trust me, I'm still friends with these morons on FB and some of the shit they post is fucking scary ignorant.

I'm not saying the bulk of the US population feels this way, but if the gov wants to fight a war they will have more than enough willing and able idiots to do it with.
>>
>>57208
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5BuaNklm4
>>
>>57208
If russia went to war and collapsed I'd be fucking terrified. The nukes they have could go anywhere.
>>
>>57662
Don't forget hacking. You can wreck a shit ton of a countries infrastructure if their data isn't secure enough.
>>
>>57440
Ay lmao...
>>
>>57748
How the fuck does China need USA? They have massive built in market which will allow the country to operate for a prolonged time despite shortages and hard times (chinese are no strangers to hunger and hardships) while US only have their own 300 million people who will start whining as soon as a Burger King drops free ketchup from the menu to feed "our troops abroad".

What US needs is Russia - because right now the triad of Russia - China - India is strong and well. They need to weaken Russia so China start to nibble on it's eastern borders - in the process all western europe will be severly fucked while eastern (post soviet countries) will be allready praising Putin.
>>
>>57675
>If I were British, I'd probably celebrate Pearl Harbor Day as a day of salvation.
salvation isn't quite right, but close--they pretty much did
>>
Who the fuck actually thinks another WW will really happen?
>>
>>57827
>implying they haven't already
>some went missing
>nuke tech was transferred to both North Korea and China
>some businessman told Col Sergei Tretyakov that he keeps a personal nuke under his house near Moscow

Bolshevik commander has to pay for family somehow, da?

>>58334
Threat of nuclear retaliation stops pretty much all possibility of a large war. So, idiots I guess.
>>
>>57440
>actually believing what his own nation fox studios tell them
>americans
LMAO
>>
>>58334
A lot of misinformed people here who only read sensationalist media
>>
>>58429
>t. moham-mad
>>
>>58341
>Threat of nuclear retaliation stops pretty much all possibility of a large war.

Retaliation is no longer an issue since our understanding of nuclear winter (especially as climate science has improved) means that with only a handful of nuked cities the atmospheric soot will cause at least a year of crop failures world wide, with more years of failures rendering the Northern latitudes uninhabitable for decades, causing massive famines that will wipe out as much of either the Russian or U.S. population as if they bore the full nuclear retaliation of the other anyway. This theory is called SAD ("Self-Assured Destruction").

The result, particularly now that the Cold War old-guard ideological tensions have mostly passed, is that any war will either stay conventional or only use tactical nukes, or that any strategic nuke can only logically be countered with nukes to remote ICBM silos, airbases, ports, and the like -- nothing that catches fire on a huge scale.

Of course, the big worry now is with Americans who deny climate science might suddenly be skeptical about nuclear winter.
>>
>>58334

How would you stop muslims from conquering the world?
>>
>>58481
>a year of crop failures world wide

you are misinformed
-the majority of modern nuclear weapons are small and mounted on missiles and torpedoes
-only 10% of the energy will go into fallout
-Earth is too big to be affected; even a small country like Switzerland can't be levelled using all the existing nukes; it's simply math

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_nuclear_explosions#Summary_of_the_effects
>>
>>58621
You don't seem to have a good grasp of how "nuclear winters" occur. It's not the bombs that cause it, but rather the resulting uncontrolled fires. You could trigger a global cooling effect by simply starting about 100 city sized firestorms. There was a ~30 km wide wildfire about 500 km North of where I live this spring. Just that was sufficient to haze my city for a few days.
>>
>>58633

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land#Land_mass

>The Earth's total land mass is 148,939,063.133 km2 (57,505,693.767 sq mi)
>>
>>58633
The whole 'uncontrolled firestorm' is a scenario dating back decades, based on buildings made of flammable materials like wood. A modern metropolis getting hit by a nuke won't result in a firestorm. Fires? Sure. But no firestorm. Concrete and metal aren't all that flammable. They will structurally weaken due to heat, but won't burn.
Look at what happened with the Twin Towers, those had cubic metres of kerosine dumped in them and still didn't burn down to the ground like a torch.
>>
>>58637
but they did end up burning pretty well the next time till the jet fuel melted the steel beams
>>
>>58637
>a scenario dating back decades

Nuclear winter was formalized in the 1980s. You have the internet -- please double-check this shit on google before posting your bullshit, people.
>>
here's some good pics of what the wildfire looked like that I spoke of. The smoke was so abundant that it made the inside of my workplace visibly hazy 300 miles away. It could have turned into a proper firestorm had we not had men to fight it. I imagine you may have a hard time getting people to volunteer to fight fires amid nuclear fallout worldwide panic. Fires much greater than this are what you could expect all over the world following a global thermal nuclear war.
>>
>>58665
forgot link
http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2016/05/the-massive-wildfire-burning-in-alberta/481611/
>>
>>57208
Obama should not be putting our US troops on Russias borders. Let the europeans defend themselves. I like Trump when he says "I can work with the Russians".
>>
>>57455

Numbers don't mean shit. Fixed positions don't mean shit. Mass horde attacks by peasants with AK's don't mean shit. The USA has literally been honing Warfare since its inception. There has not been a decade gone by where we have used major military power.

The US navy is the most powerful fleet on the planet and is rivaled by nothing.

China doesn't want a conventional fight with the USA and they aren't dumb enough to spark a nuke fight.

They expect to be invaded by an attacking force. Their whole navy and army are geared toward defensive land based defense.

The USA and friends has made no build up in the area.

The USA HASSSSSSSSS made a build up in africa. Africa is the next game and everyone knows it.
>>
>>57211
lol like you'll have a choice
>>
>>58642
I don't know how to tell you this dude, but you have arrived in the future. The year is 2016. the 80s was literally decades ago.
>>
>>58697
And building materials haven't significantly changed -- i.e. they weren't predominantly wood in the 80s. Way to miss the point.
>>
>>58691
>Africa is the next game and everyone knows it.

China knows it for sure, the others not so much.
>>
>>58637
>Fires? Sure. But no firestorm

I agree.
Looking at any city map, there are canals, highways, train lines, parking lots, etc. all these barriers will stop a firestorm. Modern cities aren't bidonvilles made of cardboards.
>>
>>57208
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5789875cef26b-itsfinallyactuallyreallyhappening.php

:)
>>
>>60008
Western powers have been investing in Africa for decades, China is the new kid on that scene. They're making inroads and getting a lot of media attention for it, but they're definitely not the only country pumping money into developing that continent.
>>
>>57564
t. George Friedman
>>
>>58341
>>some businessman told Col Sergei Tretyakov that he keeps a personal nuke under his house near Moscow
Kek.
>>
>>57208
This sound more like cold war to me
>>
>>57208
we got till near election time enjoy your summer and stop worrying
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.