[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Stocks Reach Record Highs After Dallas Police Shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-07-08/gun-stocks-reach-record-highs-after-dallas-police-shooting

>Stock prices for weapons and police gear rose as shootings stoked interest in defense, fears of stricter gun control.

>Gun manufacturers saw their stock prices rise immediately after Thursday night's shooting of police officers in Dallas, a grim business trend fed by fears of mass shootings and stricter gun regulation.

>Shares of Smith & Wesson opened Friday at a record high price $29.74, up from Thursday's close of $28.26.

>Five officers were killed and seven more were injured by a sniper in the Dallas attack, which took place during a demonstration against police violence. Two African-American men were killed by police earlier this week in Minnesota and Louisiana, and peaceful demonstrations took place in cities around the U.S. Black Lives Matters organizers have denounced the Dallas attack.
>>
>Sturm, Ruger & Company stocks also rose the morning after the Dallas shooting, reaching a midday trading high Friday of $68.14, up from its closing price on Thursday of $65. Taser International, which produces non-lethal stun devices and Axon body cameras used by police departments nationwide, also opened higher on Friday at $26.99, up from its previous closing price of $25.77. Digitally Ally, another body camera maker, opened at $6.57, up from its Thursday closing price of $4.13.

>John Blank, chief equity strategist for Zacks Investment Research, points out "This is the share price pattern on days like this,” noting that both Sturm and Smith & Wesson received a similar-sized boost after the mass shooting in Orlando in June that killed 49 people.

>“In short, more public shootings with guns in the news headlines apparently means more demand for guns,” Blank says. “I assume the idea is everyday people in America go out and buy more guns to protect themselves when they see this kind of public gun-driven chaos out there.”

>Fears that the Obama administration will increase gun control have also spurred sales of guns and increases in their share values throughout his term. Smith & Wesson’s stock has risen steadily from 3.59 in July 2011 to Friday's opening of $29.74. During that same time Sturm’s share price has grown from $23.37 to $67.62.

>President Barack Obama condemned the Dallas shootings as "a vicious, calculated, and despicable attack on law enforcement," and repeated his plea for awareness about the risks of gun violence that accompany easy access to weapons.

>"When people are armed with powerful weapons, unfortunately, it makes attacks like these more deadly and more tragic," he said Friday during a summit in Poland. "In the days ahead, we will have to consider those realities as well. In the meantime, today, our focus is on the victims and their families."
>>
more coverage:
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/08/smith-wesson-poised-to-open-near-all-time-high.html
>>
Makes sense. It's been well-reported by now, since mass shootings have been covered so often, that every big/politicized shooting incident results in a spike of gun sales (people fearing that gov't is going to ban guns, if you can't figure out why -- some are revolution nuts, but others smartly presume from precedent that any assault rifle or handgun ban will not require surrender of existing privately-owned weapons). It's usually silly for stock prices to track short-term profit spikes, since only those with enough shares to get decent dividends would really benefit, but that's what they do.

Both the stock price and actual profits for gun companies will tank should a categorical weapons ban ever pass, however, so this is the worst time to buy long-term.
>>
>>57044
Thank God it never will.
I'm waiting for import bans to be lifted.
https://imgur.com/scwsjg7
>>
>>57110
related to your pic >>56717
>>
>>57112
Pls no. ;_;
U.S. + Russia balnda up is the best.
>>
>>57033
Good goy!
>>
>>57116
Any jew that makes guns is a good jew in my book.

Except those IWI faggots. Charging over a grand for a half plastic pistol.
>>
>>57121
I had a toy plastic Uzi that was life-sized relative to my child's body and had a cool clicky sound effect on fully-auto fire. Plus, it was the age before they mandated orange nose cones (or maybe it was a hand-me-down from said age, I forget).

I wonder if it had to be licensed from IWI...
>>
It's almost like the gun companies pay people to scare monger for them so they can get more sales from idiot /k/ommandos every time a shooting occurs. But that'd be crazy, right?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.