[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hacked Former NATO General Defends Plotting to Push Obama to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: w1-ukrnato-a-20140508[1].jpg (709KB, 3500x2021px) Image search: [Google]
w1-ukrnato-a-20140508[1].jpg
709KB, 3500x2021px
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/06/hacked-former-nato-general-defends-plotting-to-push-obama-to-escalate-tensions-with-russia/

>Former NATO Commander Philip Breedlove defended himself on Saturday after The Intercept reported on leaked emails that showed him plotting to push President Obama to escalate tensions with Russia. “I think what you see is a commander doing what commanders ought to do,” Breedlove told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

>Amanpour asked about emails—originally published by “hacktivist” website dcleaks.com—showing Breedlove seeking help from former Secretary of State Colin Powell on ways to get Obama to be more aggressive in defending the Ukraine against Russian invasion.
>>
>“I think POTUS sees us as a threat that must be minimized,” he wrote in a 2014 email, “ie do not get me into a war????”

>Breedlove deflected Amanpour’s questions at first, slamming the source of the leaks, which has not been publicly identified. “Let’s talk about the frustration right up front — the frustration that a nation-state would hack into a private individual’s emails and then use those to put out there for political or military gain in the diatribe,” he said. Breedlove had retired as Air Force general a day before he spoke to Amanpour, so he was hardly a private citizen when he was hacked.

>Phillip Carter, a former Pentagon official who is now a director at the Center for a New American Security, tweeted in response to The Intercept article that Breedlove’s dissent and backchannel lobbying “far exceeds what is appropriate for a US general.”

>Amanpour also asked about the inflated Russian troop numbers Breedlove cited in his arguments.

>“Well, Christiane, that subject has been talked about a lot,” he said. “It’s really kind of old news. But the bottom line is the numbers that I was using back during those discussions were numbers that were provided to me by my U.S. and my NATO intelligence forces. And so some of those numbers played out quite accurately later, as we knew more and more about what was actually going on.”
>>
>>56717
So Obama is actually trying to hold this back
>>
>>60247
No shit, who actually thinks Obama's gunning for Russia's head? He was (stupidly) trying to court Putin for the longest time and has been historically adverse to any real confrontation.
>>
>>56717
>Philip Breedlove
>Breedlove

mfw breedlove breedwar
>>
>>60358
What face?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.