[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alton Sterling Is the 558th Person Killed by Police This Year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 1

>On Tuesday, 37-year-old Alton Sterling was killed by police outside of a convenience store in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. So far this year, more than 500 people have been killed by police

>by Tuesday evening, protesters gathered in front of the convenience store, and the crowd grew to more than 100 people. #AltonSterling trended on Twitter into Wednesday afternoon, with celebrities and politicians weighing in

http://uk.complex.com/life/2016/07/alton-sterling-police-brutality

>Sterling has become the 558th person to be killed by cops in the US, according to data from the Guardian. He is the 135th black person to be killed by cops

>It is unclear why the cops decided to shoot him. Greys Anatomy actor Jesse Williams recently came under fire after he spoke out about the killings of black Americans by white cops. Some angry fans asked for the actor to be fired from the show for raising awareness about #blacklivesmatter

http://www.destinyconnect.com/2016/07/06/558-people-killed-cops-us-2016/

>(600) July 6, 2016

http://killedbypolice.net/
>>
>Din do nuthun
>>
>“Now what we’ve been doing is looking at the data and we know that police somehow manage to de-escalate, disarm and not kill white people everyday."
This just in, white people aren't fucking savages! More on this all the time, considering we're in America, and Africa is still the way it is.
>>
>Be american

Man fuck this shit
I'm just so fucking tired
>>
>>56047
He didn't do anything that justified executing him no.
>Police should straight up murder anybody who resists arrest
"He was going for his gun!"
Source? Video didn't show it. All it shows is his left arm pinned, and a police officer who could have easily restained his right arm if he was worried
>>
I think the root of the problem is police the way police officers are so trigger happy. It's like they can't understand the use of non-lethal force. Why would you shoot someone who is clearly in no position to harm you?
>>
>>56088
When the job often involves people who actively try to kill you, it's understandable for training to reflect.
>>
>>56090
Don't become a cop if you can't cope with the risks.
>>
>>56088
Yeah there needs to be training that actually teaches officers to use their fucking tasers and penalizes them for using lethal force where it could be avoided.
>>
>>56088
Because the easiest option and there's usually no repercussions.
>>
>>56093
You clearly don't understand how a taser works. A taser would've been useless in that situation.
>>
>>56093
>>56113
I thought they already used their taser and it didn't work
>>
>>56092
>Don't become a career criminal if you can't cope with the risks.
>>
>>56092
They're coping with the risks just fine, they're doing as training told them to do. If a fire traps a fireman, is he going to wuss out and cry in a corner? No. Are people going to lecture him when he has to break some property to get out? No. That's what his training told him to do.
>>
>>56040
More whites are killed by police in the united states on average than blacks.
Race isn't the issue.
>>
>>56090
It's a problem because it's not a mode or anything that they go into. It's just them, and they're the same type of jackass that likes to unnecessarily escalate situations when they're off duty with family and friends.
>>
>>56123
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States
>>
>>56123
How often do you turn on the news to find a Black cop shooting a White guy in the head 10 times?
>>
What the hell has gone wrong with the police? They turned into a bunch of useless pricks who can't even do their job without killing someone.

Bunch of fuckups.
>>
>>56040
>So far this year, more than 500 people have been killed by police

That's a very small number of people in a country of 300+ million. More people die in a year from falling down stairs.
>>
>>56040
He didn't point his gun at anyone. He was reaching for it (apparently) because the cops back blocks the view. You can see Altons right hand moving around. Keep in mind the gun was in his right pants pocket. It only would take him a second to take out and shoot. And the judge will be well aware of this.

I'm not trying to defend white cops. I was very happy when Michael Slager was charged with murder.
>>
>>56040
Numbers are meaningless. The vast majority of people killed by police are killed because they are doing something such as pointing a gun at the cops, or refusing the comply with the police.

There are definitely some killed unjustly, but don't even pretend like most of the 500+ killed by police this year were unjust.
>>
What amazes me is that there are people who genuinely believe that no problem exists. These escalated situations happen because blacks are victims of racial profiling and more likely to be stopped for small things like a broken tail light. Only when they, rightfully in most cases, question why they're being stopped, does the cop ask them to lay down on the ground, or tell them to put their hands up, etc. before being handcuffed and put into a squad car and/or jail do innocent people begin to panic which causes the cop to execute them illegally.

You don't have to be "against police" to think they should be held to a high standard. You can respect a police officer for the job they do, and expect them to be more discerning in their job.
>>
>>56150
Refusing to comply to a command that is unjustified does not deserve execution.
>>
>>56150
Death by cop should be called death by stupidity these days considering people acting like fucking idiots get themselves killed not the cops.
>>
>>56040
>It is unclear why the cops decided to shoot him.
He was armed. He made a movement that warranted the shooting and/or the cops were under a lot stress.
>dindu
>>
>>56070
Police do have the right to kill anyone who resists arrest, even if it's just running away non violently
>>
>>56155
when it's not showing your hands to the cop, it does...
>>
>>56092
Why do you think they became cops in the first place. Smart people don't risk their lives for 50k a year.
You literally will be rejected if your iq is too high
>>
>>56128
You put that well, and although i do believe there is an issue with profiling and policing, there is also an issue with how the media reacts to these situations. I mean it makes sense, a story breaks and not everything is known but people stick to rumours and blow things out of proportion.
>>
>>56048
Africa is the way it is because Europe fucked it over with slaves, colonization, and WWII. The middle east fucked Africa with Islam and wars. American missionaries are doing their part with their social agendas and political ideologues.

In summary, Africa is the dirty butthole everyone fucks.
>>
>>56178
This actually happened to a man who tried applying to the Massachusetts State Police Academy. They rejected his application because he scored too high on the entrance exam. It was a pretty famous case when I was growing up. The court ruled against him stating that since his high intelligence was not a disability, it was perfectly legal for him to be discriminated against.

TL;dr the American Justice system knows that its cops are retards, but likes it that way so they will unquestioningly enforce the law.
>>
>>56092
Wow anon so smart and clever
Police brutality prevented forever
Nurses no longer screw up patients
Parents dont hit kids for nothing now

Thanks anon you saved the world meet us at 9PM to receive the peace nobel
>>
>>56175
>this makes it ok
>>
>>56248
Yes it does. Do you want police to protect you or do you want some sort of nanny HQ that have no authority what so ever ? It's simple, the officer tells you to back the fuck down you back the fuck down. Is it so hard snowflake ?
>>
>>56176
said the white guy who's never had to deal with this problem.

t. another white guy
>>
>>56254
He was clearly backing the fuck down in the video. He was pinned down by two officers and one had his gun out.

Just fuck off with the apologetics. I hope someday you're detained and get a bullet or five in your gut because you weren't "backing the fuck down" the exact way the cop wanted you to.
>>
>>56205
Yes and 1 out of those 3 examples are not held accountable for incompetence. American police needs better training. They let literal autists grab a gun/uniform and rush them out with minimal training/education.
>>
>>56254
Yeah, I guess Tamir Rice should have just backed the fuck down when they told him to.

>>56187
All of it is ridiculous at this point.
>>
>>56254
ah the ol' "do you want warriors or sissies to protect you" fallacy
>>
>>56293
>autists
that's what i was gonna say. they just go on a power trip or something it seems like. the ones committing these crimes don't have any negotiation, or interpersonal skills, something i feel we all believe is crucial to the kind of nuanced job a police officer has.

let's raise the bar for what it takes to be a cop in america.
>>
>>56048
>>“Now what we’ve been doing is looking at the data and we know that police somehow manage to de-escalate, disarm and not kill white people everyday."

Haha, oh Complex, who the fuck would ever trust you with journalism? This claim has no basis in reality. There's no solid data that proves cops are racist. In fact, they kill more whites than blacks. Also, over 99% of reported use of excessive violence is eventually ruled justified.

Doesn't fit the narrative though, so let's just ignore that.
>>
>>56154
This is delicious bait. May I steal this?
>>
>>56368
>they kill more whites than blacks

Do you consider Hispanics whites?
>>
So what are there riots and shit or are the dindoos lying down like the dogs I expect them to be?
>>
>>56383
Of course not.
>>
>>56128
Never, because violence against whites isn't easily politicized, so all the cops that kill whites and the truckloads of blacks that kill whites never make it to the news, especially in election years where we have to scare the darkies into voting for whichever pandering piece of shit is running under the D label that year.
>>
>>56155
It does when the option for the cop is to leave himself open to being either shot or stabbed to death, so you better get your fucking hands up or they have to assume the worst, and then you better pray that you being a dumbass doesn't get you gunned down.

Literally just don't resist like a goddamn crackhead and there won't be a problem, but I guess that's too much for some people since they have an 85 IQ and need to lash out at the world.
>>
>>56387
11 cops were just targeted in a coordinated assassination attempt in Dallas by 2 black snipers that happened to know the BLM march route ahead of time.

5 are dead.
>>
>>56439
>Literally just don't resist like a goddamn crackhead and there won't be a problem
I suppose Philando Castile and, again, Tamir Rice, were resisting like goddamn crackheads when they were murdered, right?
>>
>>56383
There are white hispanics. Stop believing in this "HISPANIC IS A RACE!!!!" bullshit.
>>
>>56040
The cops are being dicks.
He's clearly struggling against them probably because muh culture of honor don't wanna look like a bitch etc.
In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9qmQcaM5o
it looks initially like they have him subdued, except you can also see he's struggling against them still, and his right arm isn't visible.
Allegedly he might have been reaching for his pocket, and in addition to the police call, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that's a threatening gesture.

I really don't know what to believe at the moment, but it's definitely not as clear as the BART shooting in 2009 (jfc has it been so long?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2LDw5l_yMI
wherein a bunch of nig nogs were nig nogging on the platform, and again muh culture of honor has them struggling with police. However, after being subdued the cop just casually shoots Oscar Grant in the back. He didn't even spend a year in jail iirc, and tried to appeal the case to get his job back afterward.
>>
>>56464
Nice deflection, but this is about people refusing to comply with basic commands to show your hands and not make sudden moves.

>BUT DESE TWO GUY DINDO NUFFIN
Obviously all these shootings aren't going to be justified at the end of the day, but taking the EXTREME minority of shootings and blowing it up as some sort of epidemic is about as retarded as you can get, and to act like the literal 0.06% of black deaths that come as a result of unjustified shootings by police is a national disaster instead of a tragedy as a result of human error is just willful ignorance to sate some base emotional knee-jerk reaction to the garbage that gets blared on TV every day as if it's indicative of anything close to resembling even a fraction of a minority of a norm.

Dumbass.
>>
>>56040
>"person"
Think you mean 3/4th of a person
>>
>>56464
No, they were just dumb niggers who didn't listen to the cops and ended up getting shot in self defense. If they werent dumb niggers and listened they would be around today to steal shit and complain about the white man
>>
>>56175

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Spoilers they fucking don't.
>>
>>56088

But why are they trigger happy? Probably because it's hard to be any other way when everyone's packing.
>>
>>56254

How does shooting an unarmed man who's running away protect me?
>>
>>56544
I think you forgot the "North" won the war.
>>
>>56142
Very good point. Still, the stairs should at least be investigated after killing someone instead of just being put on "structural probation"
>>
>>56060
As you continue to go to work and come home every week, because literally never has anything like this happened to you.

Shut the fuck up, bitch. I'll give you the fact that this shooting was fucked up, but this shit happened for the past 70 years and you and your parents didn't give a fuck until now. You liberals disgust me.
>>
>>56544
>3/5ths
>lrn2oppress
>>
>>56531
>just casually shoots Oscar Grant in the back.

The cop claimed he meant to grab his tazer (on the left holster) and accidentally/instinctually grabbed (and unsafetied?) his gun (right holster).

Even giving him the benefit of the doubt on that, in the military a mistake of that order will put a soldier in prison for a couple years (granted it's military prison, which is presumably better behaved). When you're trusted by the public with lethal force you are held to an exceptionally high standard of accountability -- at least that's how the military and maybe feds see it.
>>
>>56636
First of all, eat shit and die

I live in Flatbush, Brooklyn
I live in a fucking neighborhood where every day people draw lines in the sands and separate themselves
\I live in a neighborhood where a 15/16-year-old girl was shot by her boyfriend while babysitting a child
Every day they cause harm to each other
Every day nobody cares they just want out by any fucking means

I'm tired of that shit

I'm tired of the lack of trust between blacks
Between blacks and whites, whites and whites, Hispanics, Mexicans, Asians, middle easterners etc.
I am tired of the lack of trust between AMERICANS
I am tired of the lack of trust people have with police officers who are supposed to protect and uphold our laws

I'm tired of the fact that people clutch so hard to violence as a means to end
I'm tired that we cannot unite as a people to do anything at all
We can't even agree that our police deserve better training, support, and better people overall
You have people wanting to go to war foolishly, you have people wanting to kill cops, wanting to exterminate whole races/cultures or an entire division of people that are supposed to protect us

Why the hell do we live in a country where someone's first instinct is to avoid police out of fear or pull out a phone to record them just in case because you never know what can happen?

When the fuck do we acknowledge a problem on common grounds and try to fix it?
>>
>>56888
>Eat shit and die
>IM TIRED OF THE VIOLENCE
Go cry somewhere else. I have a better solution: stop committing crime. We all know why blacks are targeted. I agree its wrong, but cops think logically, and logically, they're more likely to get killed by a black male.

A cultural change is needed, and I'm saying what everyone else is afraid to. Blacks change first, then whites. Whites cannot trust blacks until the majority of black crime stops.
>>
>>56895
Then everybody needs to stop committing crime

Never did I claim that the police specifically targeting blacks.

I specifically said that there are more than blacks or minorities that do not trust our police.

And If they are being trained with the idea that someone is more likely to commit a crime just because of their skin color that is a problem.
>>
>>56888
>Why the hell do we live in a country where someone's first instinct is to avoid police out of fear or pull out a phone to record them just in case because you never know what can happen?

In today's age of inter-connectivity people can develop these ideas through a sort of self-aggrandizing loop. You have the media that can convince people that problems are worse than they are (watch what happens after an airplane crashes and cnn covers it all day for weeks straight). You have access to not only a huge community of support, but a huge community of 'antagonists' that are on the opposite end; they fight and only back each other farther into opposing corners (Hillary is literally the devil and Trump is literally Hitler at the point). People are subjected to an overwhelming voice telling them cops aren't to be trusted which informs their everyday mindset, even people who haven't really had experiences with the police. Issues positively balloon in echo chambers and daily lives saturated with information/reinforcement, usually way out of proportion. A modern word/concept for this would be 'hype', similar to the way that video games generate hype beyond that they could feasibly ever live up to. Or look at so-called 'console wars', the gulf between two relatively similar products as they are perceived by people with a stake in the argument.

Public reaction is not indicative of the problem itself per se.
>>
>>56911
And that it also terrible beyond measure. There are people who live off of inflating our fears and being sensationalist without any regard to how it actually affects people.

And if they do they want that reaction. For fucks sake man what the hell.
>>
>>56898

But... they are more likely to commit crime because of their skin colour. They have genetically lower IQ as well, it's been tested in adoption studies.
>>
>>56914
Hell is other people. Welcome to the real world.
>>
>>56898
But is it a problem of its true? Who decides the limit to which we can profile? Lets say we did stop profiling for a day, and it did infact save lives, would you say to continue profiling?

These are all hypothetical questions, before you give me your reddit-esque 'I NEVER SAID THAT' response.
>>
>>56928
Having an armed force with a bias against a percentage of our population is a huge problem. When they apply that to everybody of that color is exactly how we get to a point like this.

>>56953
Do you know how much people hate living where I live?
Some of them do some of the vilest shit to get out and live in better neighborhoods without any regard to how it affects the same people they live with or others and if they do not they don't care they want out this hell hole.

Then there's the other side of the coin people who feel like sports is the only way out and run themselves ragged to get out. Or the people who study their asses off to get a scholarship.

Thing is when you have everybody treated with the same idea that they are criminals no matter what dissent forms, lines get drawn deeper into the sand, hate forms, and we separate ourselves even further. I hate that. I hate the distrust there is in American between so many people the shit is heartbreaking. Especially between the police and the people.

I'm in this same place trying to tell people that we have to do better. We have to start with ourselves and work up no matter what people throw at ourselves lets fix our neighborhoods that's the start then work up.

But with all the shit going on people are being pushed so hard into militant views that its almost useless and now we are just getting to the point where violence is all thats left and won't help anyone unless something changes. Fuck
>>
If you wanna shoot up the cops do it right... you need to use High Powered Rifles. That means do not use pistol bullets, shotguns, or an AK rifle (high powered is usually .308 winchester, 7.62x51 NATO, or 7.62x54R). This will tear through their vest and it will put most people on the ground. And you need to stop and make sure they get shot enough times - At least Five Hits counted (you dont want to injure them and leave them maimed for life do you?). And if he's got a buddy, make double damn sure you hit both of them at the same time because you dont want the partner to open fire or call for backup. Flash Mob ambush will probably do the trick, everybody's gone in 30 seconds. Remember dont cross your lines of fire, these bullets seriously cut through stuff, including their car door. Its time these fucks learned we're not just sheep to be herded.
>>
>>56966
>I'm in this same place trying to tell people that we have to do better. We have to start with ourselves and work up no matter what people throw at ourselves lets fix our neighborhoods that's the start then work up.

But with all the shit going on people are being pushed so hard into militant views that its almost useless and now we are just getting to the point where violence is all thats left and won't help anyone unless something changes. Fuck

It's sad to read this. You're right, attitudes are hardening. A lot of people like to blame the divisiveness on Obama, and while I'm not his biggest fan for some of his other policies, he has done everything as well as a president could in response to this issue; balanced and even-handed, maintained his composure, never accusatory to large swathes of people. Bush would have been lost dealing with this. The other side, people blaming all cops or the Republicans, is almost just as bad, and just creates a battle lines mentality. The media is not helping at all, they feed on the conflict and amplify it, and they won't do any better given that this is an election year.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail and we can work together on these policing problems and helping black communities, but it seems like the hardliners on either side are the ones who are driving things and are trying to dictate terms to each other and everyone else.
>>
>>56888
it's all the violent rap music of the early 2000's taking it's toll
>>
>>56620
I don't pack, I carry a concealed weapon. Luckily, I'm white.
>>
>>57007
Fuck, I hate this kind of shit. All you liberal fags can get together and jerk eachother off. The white working class has been doing just fine, yet you fucking people always imply that its our duty to join together and lend a dollar. Fuck you.
I understand the difficulty in getting a decent job, I was handed down a well paying job and see why I was afforded this. Asking 50 million or whatever black men to do the same is a lot to ask. On top of getting a better job, they'd have to gain common social and labor skills to even be considered. Who do you think will be forced to pay for that? I'll give you a hint: its not the top 1%.

Who loses jobs when a flood of newly trained people come looking for jobs at a slightly cheaper wage?

Where does the middle class go when the lower class is gone?

I know it wouldn't be an overnight change, assuming the lower class all suddenly decided to change, but its like liberals don't give a fuck about regular people who already work 60 hour weeks for a decent paycheck.
>>
>>57089

lol this is the type of shit that the 1% have been feeding you all your fucking life.

are you feeling the squeeze now? you've been dicked by the rich for so fucking long you don't realize who is really taking the money out of your pockets. you think the economic crisis started with poor people? lol fuck that. that was the rich making money off middle class and to this fucking DAY you idiots can't see that they use issues like the poor to distract you from really who is raping you.

fuck off. the 1% have their riches thanks to you dopey fucks by cutting money that your tax paying money go into the poor and into tax cuts for them. They benefit from all the money you guys pool in and throw scraps at you. fuck out here with this shit.
>>
>>56088
Around blacks, never relax
>>
>>57094
>Who do you think will be forced to pay for that? I'll give you a hint: its not the top 1%.
Nice job ignoring this here. You are not going to get the wealthy to pay for a single fucking thing. Partly because the modern left is a worthless band of identity-politics obsessed morons, but also because those who have the money and resources have organized themselves and bought out the politicians who would make the changes you want.

The left is a failure and a joke in this country and they will remain such and no amount of bitching about working-class whites being dumb will make you not a hilarious failure.
>>
>>56319
Mental Health. Yes. Before joining the force meant to protect and serve.
Also before owning a gun.
Or you know, any time you are capable of taking a life on a whim.
>>
>>56040
558 total police-caused homicides
135=blacks
423=other
Black folk=24% of police homicides
Everybody else=76%

Why are blacks complaining? I'm 3x as likely to get killed by police than they are and if I was, there wouldn't be any honorary protests in my honor postmortem.

#BLM is a media driven hoax to foment social unrest in the US and get everyone fighting with each other.
>>
>>56319
You have no idea what you're talking about. Most police departments require a pre-employment psych exam.
>>
http://theadvocate.com/news/police/16350905-123/live-video-baton-rouge-police-riot-gear-create-human-wall-with-shields-long-guns-at-alton-sterling-p
Odd I only see this on local news. I guess everyone else is still talking about Dallas.
It was impossible to get around my part of town last night with protesters blocking the major intersections near the police station.
>police handing out water bottles to protesters because it's hot as fuck
>some people hurl full bottles at the police
Come on guys
>>
>>57080
Violent rap music has barely any effect on people. Yes people relate to it and yes people rap about it but not everybody is going to go out there and sell crack because somebody rapped about it. it's the equivalent of the violent television makes violent people myth

What really matters is what's going on at home. I can not stress enough about the importance of a good support system at home.
>>
>>57177
Nice bait
>>
>>57177
Because they have to be the victim. Otherwise, they'd have to take responsibility for their actions, so...bitchandmoan, bitchandmoan, oh massir got me down, oh massir keep me down.

Seems to me that black people--not all of them, mind you--but a lot of them, that they like being slaves.
>>
>>56040
>It is unclear why the cops decided to shoot him

>announce you have a gun in the car
>suddenly reach for something
>>
>>57224
You're thinking of the other guy in Minnesota bro
>>
>>57225
Oh, my bad

>911 call for armed black man selling CDs threatening people with gun
>Armed black man who was selling CDs resisting arrest on video
>Armed black man gets shot

Pretty open and shut to me unless there's something I'm not seeing?
>>
>>57197
It wasn't meant to be. If you can address the point made, by all means...

Otherwise, please offer a reasonable explanation of how the group that makes up only 25% of the representative sample gets 100% of the attention 100% of the time.

In other words, why do we not experience this problem in white, yellow, brown or red communities? Especially since they collectively represent the vast majority (75%) of the population under review (police homicide victims). Nope, always the black community we have problems with. Everyone else's rights are suspended until blacks get all the whining, looting and now killing out of their system.
>>
>>57184
A very, very small portion of the population actually identifies with the "message" of violent rap music. It's lyrical propaganda pushed by MTV and the media machine so white wannabe gangsta kids living in gated communities can feel strong.
>>
>>57181
And that's the problem...

if you stop coddling these lazy fucks, they'll get tired of standing in the heat and go home.
>>
>>56047
>>56070

What happened exactly, I thought he was being told to pull out his license while being restrained, so he struggled to grab his license, then police executed him.

>"Pull out your license or I'll shoot you."
>"Don't move or I'll shoot you."

Wasn't it a lose, lose situation?
>>
>>57583
That was the Minnesota guy
>>
The story is that he was reaching for his gun
http://theadvocate.com/news/16378715-173/search-warrant-shows-baton-rouge-police-claimed-alton-sterling-reached-for-gun-in-pocket
>>
>>57184
Personally, I think the mid 2000s-now bragging rap is more destructive to young black people. It's caused a problematic mindset of, "if I'm not getting rich off it why bother?" Nowadays the only careers socially "acceptable" by modern black culture are to be a rapper or a basketball player, and you have to get rich and famous instantly. And when that falls through you could either get a real job, which is playing by the white man's rules, or turn to crime for fast cash. Graduated high school in 07 and already a bunch of black people from my graduating class have been arrested for drug dealing, prostitution, and theft. Their parents moved them to the rural area where I live from the city to get them off the streets, only for them to get bored and grow up to do the same shit here.
>>
>>56120
>cops and criminals should be held to the same standard
>>
>>57177
24% of police killings=blacks
12% of U.S. population=backs

You have half the statistical probability of being killed by a cop as them you dense mongoloid. Learn elementary school math.
>>
>>57595

fortunately, non-hispanic whites will go down to 42.6% by the year 2060; then probably down to 20% by the year 2090, so your statistic will be fixed kek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_racial_and_ethnic_demographics_of_the_United_States#Projections_for_2020_through_2060
>>
>>57630
doesn't take into acount the nosedive black and hispanic pops are predicted to take with free long term implant birth control,. one things you have to hand Obama is he laid the ground work for the end of blacks in america,. less than 5% planned births will not keeep that population up for long,. Hispanics are better off but still only 45% of thier births are planned.
>>
>>56128
How often do you turn on the news to find blacks killing people every day? How often do they mention blacks are 12% of the population and are responsible for the majority of all homicides in the US? How often did anyone outside of /pol/ say Dylan Roof was a hero? Who gives a fuck about statistical outliers besides race baiters and the mentally ill?
>>
>>57639
>Birth control
>USA
Yeah, sure. Unless you find where is the Bible Jesus said to use implants, that won't happen.
>>
>>57595
According to the FBI 83% of white people are killed by white people and 90% of black people are killed by black people.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls
>>
>>57648
This.

There are also Imams promising 72 virgins in paradise: this shit looks very attractive to blacks, and Imams for sure don't want you to have only 1 child, but 5 or more.
>>
>>56070
>Video didn't show it.

First video conveniently cuts out before actual shooting

Second video conveniently looks away as it looks like the criminal is rolling onto his side.
>>
>>57642
Black men are 6% of the US population and yet responsible for 60% of homicides

They are also responsible for 58% of all gun crime.
Hispanic men make up 33% of gun crime.

That means 14% of the population is responsible for 91% of gun crime.
Factor in that of that remaining 9%, 77% of white gun violence is suicide.
>>
>>57763
>>57763
Body cameras of both officers conveniently fell off
>>
>>57788
There's also supposed to be surveillance footage from the store, but the police haven't released it yet.
>>
>>57592
It reached a low point in the early-mid 200s but 2010s hip hop is starting to get political again.
>>
>>57595
>>57177
Almost all of those are black men, which is 6% of the population.

However, we have to keep in mind that although black men are over represented in this matter (proportionality), black men make up 60% of all violent crime and 60% of theft crimes.

Statistically,
If 1/3 of all black men end up in prison
and 60% of all crimes are violent (which happens to match the rate of black violent crime)

There is a 1/5 chance of any black man you meet being or becoming a violent criminal.

Likewise, there is a 1/2,202 chance that any black man you meet will be a murderer; vs 1/10,500,000 for whites.
>>
>>57764
sauce?
>>
>>57842
Black and Hispanic Rates
* FBI 43A
* DoJ Internal Report 2013: Table 11

White Suicide:
Just type White Suicide + 77% into google.

If those stats are correct...
There are 11,000 gun CRIME annually in the US.
>6,380 Black Men (6% of population)
>3,630 Hispanic Men (7.5% of population)
>250 White Men (30% population)

That would put US whites under Canada gun crime.
Especially since Canada has not seperated crime by race since 1997, when Toronto found that 89% of its violent crime was committed by black men.
>>
>>56088
>>56040

Mfw Americans defend this

http://youtu.be/JCzT4njsyH4
>>
>>56142

Are you fucking kidding me? >>57845
>>
>>56191
Sauce?
>>
>>56142
>a very small number of people in a country
I'm going to play devil's advocate.
We're only half way through the year and we're at 600.
Last year, the total was 1,200.

Now, lets see how many people will be killed by police (regardless of guilt) in a single man's life time.
1,200 x 95 = 108,000 people killed by police in your life time.

Effectively, you have a 27/800,000 chance of being killed by a cop in your life time.
Which, now that I've done the math, doesn't seem that bad.

But, lets do a comparison just because I would like to.
There's an annual 12,000 Homicides in the US.
60% of those are committed by black men.
13% of those are black on white murder (according to FBI Homocide Table 6).
So, Black men (on average) murder an annual 936 whites a year.
In a life time (assuming race rates don't change) that's 88,920.
Which is about 2,223/8,000,000

However, remember that cops are relatively uncommon, so your overall probability of being attacked by one is lower.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/jun/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database im just gonna leave this here
>>
>>56040
Circumstances aside, does anyone think 558 is a pretty low number? The USA is pretty big.
>>
>>56872
>The cop claimed he meant to grab his tazer
kek I remember that. Can you imagine closing ranks to defend such a person? Even if it were a genuine mistake, he's such a monumental fuck-up as to be a pariah in any organization with an ounce of self respect.
>>
>>57868
If you think thats low just look at the figures from deaths from black on black crime compared to it. Cops arent killing niggers, niggers are killing niggers.
>>
>>56040
And most were white.
>>
>>56040
>558
>in the year
>in a country with 300 million plus people
am I the only one who's just not that perturbed by this? The numbers we're talking about are higher than other countries without guns, sure. But holy shit, it just seems so fucking insignificantly small.
>>
>>57849
Not him, but searching gives me this:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/09/nyregion/metro-news-briefs-connecticut-judge-rules-that-police-can-bar-high-iq-scores.html
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/court-police-departments-refuse-hire-smart/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

>A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

>The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

>“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

>He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

>Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.
>>
Half this thread reads like BLM propaganda.
>>
>>57920
Here, lets do something fun.

Annually, there are 300 black police deaths.
Now, assuming that 0 of them are criminals (despite that 1/5 black men are violent criminals), lets run some numbers.

11,000 annual murders in the US.
60% of those are committed by black men
89% of those are black on black.

Black Men Kill 5,874 Blacks annually.
Police kill 300 blacks annually.

Your chance (as a black man) of being killed by police vs being killed by a fellow black man is 5:232
>>
>>57920
When you consider that there are between 32k and 34k motor vehicle deaths in the US per year, it does seem small. And that figure is _down_ from what it used to be. According to wikipedia, from the forties into their early eighties we had about 20 motor vehicle related fatalities per 100k population. These days it's closer to 10 per 100k.

The issue is blame. People call for justice (vengeance) the way citizens (mobs) are wont to do. A politician screws up? Fire him! A CEO embezzles? Jail him! When there is a clear target for blame, public reaction usually demands reaction well before investigations are complete or the defendant has been convicted. We live in a world where you can lose your job as a counter monkey at an ice cream shop for saying something stupid on social media that went viral and offended many sensibilities. Combine that with subcultures that seem to encourage playing the victim, and police brutality cases become a hotbed, especially when you have video showing overly eager use of lethal force.

There's also the issue of expectations. Police training is costly, and police officers are a position of authority, so there's fairly high expectations of them, even though they're often held in low esteem and their budgets are often subject to political whims. It's kinda like how pedophiles are bad, but teachers and who turn how to have been pedophiles are worse, because it's seen as an abuse of a position of authority and respect, even though respect for teachers (much like police officers) isn't especially high in much of the country's cultures.
>>
>>57935
Most folks aren't questioning that. But it's a dumb comparison, comparing the chance to be killed by any member of a particular racial demographic versus trained officers. Just like bringing up the percentages of racial representation among the dead vs racial representation in the country's overall population, because the individual cases wouldn't be any less appalling if the ratios did match.

The issue is that people should be able to expect better from police. In cases like Tamar Rice, when it turns out that the details reported by the officers were wrong and that the boy was shot about two seconds after the encounter started, wrong doing did occur. You don't have to agree with all the BLM activists to think that something should change to reduce the chances of incidents like these happening.
>>
>>57929
If you can't see that there's something wrong with American police killing over three American citizens a day you're fucking stupid.

Right wing fucks are always complaining about "big government" without ever conceding to the fact that a state with the power to kill it's own citizens without public oversight is just about the "biggest" government there is.
>>
>>57949
>The police should never make a mistake

If only they weren't flawed humans...
>>
>>57963
Pretty sure the problem is because nothing happens to the ones that made this grave mistake.
>>
>>57920
4 millionths of our population is killed by cops

So 4 out of every million
>>
>>57951
>Implying that the militarization of police didn't start with bills allowing the sale of military equipment to local law enforcement
> Thanks Obama
>>
>>57949
>Reduce the chances of incidents like these happening.

Lets have some fun, shall we?
There are 8,731,000 police reports filed in the US per year. (Which means about 2% of the population encounters the police annually)

Of those 8,731,000 incidents, there's annually 1200 that escalate to a shooting by a police officer. Now, it's wrong, but lets assume 0 of those 1,200 are a legitimate shooting of a criminal.

That means: There is a 1.37e-4 chance of being shot by police.
Or a 0.00000375% chance.

Now, the truth is that it happens. It does happen.
But, you because of the sheer number of police incidents per year, you're actually more likely to be struck by lightening (about 1:900k) than you are to be shot by police.

How can we possibly lower this number even further?
>>
>>57982
>But, you because of the sheer number of police incidents per year, you're actually more likely to be struck by lightening (about 1:900k) than you are to be shot by police.

That's incorrect.
1200:8,731,00
1:7200

Your child is as likely to have down syndrome as to be shot by police.
>>
>>57982
You are focusing too much on the number being so relatively small. Many of the deaths were still completely unnecessary and absolutely avoidable, though. Suggesting that because the chance of something happening is low that it probably cannot possibly be lowered, is wrong.

I mean, take getting struck by lightning. It's often used as an example because the chance is so low and it seems like a fairly random thing. But if http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/resources/RecentLightningDeaths.pdf is to be believed, it's not quite so clear cut. For example, you can avoid the water. Fishing, swimming, etc. If my napkin math is right, that's roughly 20% less of a chance to get fried from the sky. Sucks if you like boating, but it's a choice you can make.

Tamir Rice is often the go to case to refer to because it was so flagrant. The kid wasn't given adequate chance to cooperate, the dispatcher didn't forward relevant information to the officers, the police officers lied about the events that unfolded, did not attempt to administer first aid... it was horrible. It wasn't just one failure or mistake, but several. And you can't blame it all on just one officer who was utterly incompetent, because the other officer was there too.

That said, you can absolutely blame the kid's death on an officer who should not have been hired.
>How can we possibly lower this number even further?
Stricter hiring policies and additional screening could have lead to Cleveland getting ahold of his Independence personnel file. And thus, it could potentially help avoid other such incidents in the future.

Of course, it's not that simple. Many departments are having trouble filling their positions, or are having their officers sniped by other nearby departments with offers of better pay and such. I know of one stretch of interstate that rarely ever gets patrolled, because there's only two highway patrolmen left in that area to do it.

Sucks if you like boating, so to speak.
>>
>>57988
Only 5% of police shootings aren't clear cut justified. The supermajority of shootings are in active shooting situations
>>
>>57992
Okay?
>>
>>57995
You can literally maybe bring the death rate down by like 5 people a year

It's so ridiculously low already that it is nigh impossible to effect anything

You're nearly trying to split the atom at this point
>>
>>57998
No, I'm trying to provide perspective beyond the stats that people want to keep referring to (BLM nutters with the racial percentages, you with the police shootings per capita stuff). Yes, it's relatively small. Yes, it _can_ be made smaller. No, doing so is not equivalent to nuclear science.

But what do I know. Maybe I should just leave the thread and go pet my cat (and thus show my horrific bias against other animals, #DogPetsMatter).
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.