[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nigel Farage Stands Down As UKIP Leader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 41t253t465e7utui.jpg (100KB, 793x521px) Image search: [Google]
41t253t465e7utui.jpg
100KB, 793x521px
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3673363/Nigel-Farage-QUITS-Ukip-leader-declaring-ve-bit.html

Mr. Farage has quit as UKIP leader.
It's a happy sort of quitting, understandably, as he has basically got what he wants and would now like to put his feet up.
The future for UKIP isn't clear. They were created as a Brexit party, and time will tell whether they have diversified enough to remain a popular political party once (or if) Brexit is achieved.

They're an odd sort of party. They get working class votes from those who are fed up with Labour's loose border policies, whilst they also agree with many Tory backbenchers are things like bringing back grammar schools.
>>
>>55434
>dailymail
Fuck off, Piers, you could have posted any version of this story but you chose the worst
>>
>>55434

lol, just saw this.

So, what does this mean Britbongs? To me it looks a little fishy, but I am not as up to speed on Brexit as you all are.
>>
Looks like it's a case of leaving politics in glory and no need to worry about answering questions should the shit hit the fan with our economy.
His whole career has generally been for us to leave the EU.
Instead of wanting to prove how better off we are alone, he's instead trying to leave in a blaze of glory.
Interesting really because IF we do indeed go down the shitter, it would probably only benefit UKIP even more in the next general election lapping up all the labour votes in the north and midlands.
>>
>>55463

How is backing the fuck off like a coward leaving in a blaze of glory? To opponent's it's just proof that Brexit is full of shit and even the biggest advocate knows the poor soul who has to pull it through will forever be remembered as the guy who singlehandedly killed Britain.
And for supporters they lost their biggest head figure and are now left realizing that maybe listening to that guy was not so smart.
Who will take the steer to make Brexit happens if all it's advocates are pussies who all pull out?
Reminder that Britain actually still is in the EU and the ones trying to push them out now are the EU countries who want it to be over with as quick as possible, while UK is backpedalling as fuck.
>>
>>55487
Wew lad.
>BRITAIN IS BURNING BRITAIN IS BURNING
>FUCK YOU OLD PEOPLE
>FUCK YOU FARAGE
>Oh shit Germany says our market is going to recover nicely and come back even stronger
>BRITAIN IS BURNING FUCK YOU RACIST
>REEEEE
>>
>>55487
>>55463
Farage has basically already been told, before resigning, that he wuoldn't form a part of the Brexit negotiations.

If he'd have been handed full control, don't you think he'd have taken it? If any of the potential leaders of the Brexit programme offered him a chair at the table, don't you think he'd take it?

And: He has said he will return if he thinks the politicians are backing out of Brexit.

This is all hysteria, like the Boris thing. First we were told that Boris was only doing it to become PM, then when that didn't happen, the pro-EU lot changed their mind and said he was scared.

The pro-EU hysteria in the media since the vote has been hilarious. It feels good, actually, as a Leaver, that the opposite side are making such bad arguments.

I still haven't seen WWIII anywhere, either. The Remain side appear to have lied about that, saying we'd plunge into WWIII and all that. Shame that they had to resort to lying, and they still lost.
>>
>>55434
I doubt he is a competent negotiator, and definitely a person non grata in the eyes of the EU. His role as a popularist has met its end, and thus he is useless to his own cause.
>>
That's too fucking easy. Actions have consequences and you just can't go "lel my work is done I want my lyf back xD".
>>
>>55561
I somewhat agree. His usefulness during the campaign is debatable too, though the Labour heartlands that UKIP targeted and which voted heavily Out may suggest that he did have an effect, assuming those voters listened more to UKIP than to the Brexit Tories.
>>
>>55525
Your economy hasn't even taken the biggest predicted hit yet, you fucking buffoon. You've just barely recovered from the shock that you're actually going to do it. Wait until your government actually triggers article 50.
>>
>>56087
And then nothing happens and the Remain side looks like a mug again
>>
>>56087
It entirely depends on what the negotiations achieve.
If the negotiators bend over and take corporate dick, the UK economy will do "well" (meaning the rich will get richer as GDP gains go to the 1%) as it'll just fully adopt the Norway option.
If the negotiators go WTO, then I am told that that'd hurt the UK rather a lot.

The sweet spot is somewhere in the middle.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.