[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cop who drew gun on man filming him says man deserved it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot.png (492KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
492KB, 1366x768px
>In May, we told you of a lawsuit involving a Rohnert Park, California, cop who looked ready to fire his handgun at a man who was filming him. Last year's standoff happened right outside the resident's house. Claiming civil rights violations, the alleged victim sued the officer and police department that is located about an hour north of San Francisco.

>The police department and officer, David Rodriguez, have now responded to the lawsuit. They essentially say it was resident Don McComas' fault from the get go and that McComas' own actions outside his house prompted the officer to draw his weapon on the Rohnert Park man.

>"And for a third, separate and affirmative defense, these answering defendants allege that the sole proximate cause of the injuries and damages, if any, claimed by plaintiff was the negligence and fault of the plaintiff...," they responded in court documents.

>Besides that, police claimed the suit should be tossed because the officer held an "objectively reasonable belief that the safety of the life of the defendants and others were imminently threatened... " The authorities said McComas wasn't complying with repeated orders to take his hands "out of his pocket." McComas eventually complied, and the situation escalated. The officer continued wielding his weapon, according to the video.

>In the story we published when the suit was filed, we wrote that McComas said he was in his front yard putting a trailer on to his vehicle when Rodriguez, who the department said was searching for parking scofflaws, drove up. McComas began filming with a mobile phone, the cop began filming McComas, and things spiraled downhill from there.

>The officer was initially put on paid administrative leave, but his job eventually was restored after Rodriguez was cleared by the department.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/cop-who-drew-gun-on-man-filming-him-says-man-deserved-it/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYONo5LeWDs
>>
>>55002
America really needs to do something about its police problem.

They are all trigger happy rednecks. Do they even receive training or just get given a boom stick and uniform?
>>
>>55027
Not all but there is a good bunch most cops ive interacted with are pretty cool they joke around with me
>>
>>55002
When a cop tells you to take your hand out of your pocket, you slowly take your hand out of your pocket.

Guy's acting suspicious as fuck and is clearly paranoid, cop shoulda paddie wagoned him.

Granted, if he was black, I'm sure the cop woulda just shot him.
>>
>>55040
You are white
>>
>>55027
Part of their training is to be trigger happy
>>
>>55027
>a handful of a report of bad cops
>ALL COPS ARE PIGS
How about we just remove the bad ones, and stand in solidarity with the good ones.
>>55072
You are racist.
>>
>>55127
The main problem is that they have a broken system that encourages them to act like dumb niggers, then gives them little to no punishment when they chimp out on a civilian.
>>
>>55215
You're talking mainly for city cops that have to deal with chimps for 90% of their career.
The vast majority of police do just fine.
>>
>>55002
>Pigs are always so fucking trigger happy when they live in liberal hipster shit holes or nignog paradises

I travel a lot for work in the last 20 years and I'm really starting to notice this pattern.
>>
>>55002

Cop pulled the gun out almost a minute before he told the guy to get his hand out of his pocket. Bullshit excuse.

I mean, what the fuck? If the cop did that in a bad black neighborhood he would have been shot at because anybody packing would have feared for their life, probably rightly.

In a not-so-bad black or minority neighborhood, the cop would have the gun pointed at the guy as soon as he said to take the hand out of the pocket -- maybe even before he figured out that excuse.

Now if I were in that situation I think I would have crouched into a ball and started crying DOOON'T SHOOOOT MEEEE! -- just to see how he'd react -- would he put the gun away?
>>
>>55291
yes he would put the gun away

cop pulled the gun out before telling him to get his hands out of his pocket so that if the guy was carrying a gun the cop would be in control of the situation
Instead of if cop asks guy to take his hand out and the guy has a gun, whats the cop gonna do? I don't expect the cop to do a quickdraw and shoot him like it was a wild west shooting duel, lmao

The guy with camera was intentionally trying to agitate the cop so he could put something sensational on youtube. This is always a bad idea
>>
>>55027
My guess is the kkk infiltrated the police departments? Otherwise it's just the power that lures asshole to the profession.

>>55058
Stockholm syndrome?
>>
>>55002
>McComas eventually complied, and the situation escalated.
?
>>
>>55027
They receive training to be a cop, then get handed military gear.

Then they have police unions, which would rather stand shoulder to shoulder against any responsibility than let one bad cop be fired (or even censured) for being a bad cop.
>>
>>55573
>bad cops

www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mBi8-QsSc
>>
Another problem is a load of cops are people who weren't applicable to be in the military because they weren't able to pass a psychological screening test. It's easier to become a cop, which is weird when you think about it. This is why cops and vets hate each other so much. I've heard countless stories of rejects that became cops fucking with the vets who have PTSD.
>>
>cop holds his gun to the side without ever pointing it at anyone or saying anything aggressive

This cameraman was being a paranoid little bitch and we shouldn't indulge his delusions of oppression.
>>
Ive had cops do the "take your hands outta your pocket!!" Thing to me repeatedly when ive already shown their empty, hell I was wearing basletball shorts.
Fuck that pig hope he gets sued for all hes worth
Pigs pull that shit just to fuck with you and its not cool. They do it to goad you into getting angry so they can lay an attempted assault of an officer charge on you
>>
>>55127
My fuckin grandad was a police chief and I loved and respected him
You however are a total fuckin bootlicker
Grow a pair pussy
>>
>>55127
>and stand in solidarity with the good ones.

How about the good ones stand in solidarity with the people, and kick up a massive stink until there is a serious overhaul of Police policy that will make their interactions with the general population less likely to result in someone's brains splattered on a wall? After all, you and people like you keep saying the vast majority of Police are pretty good guys, so if all those good cops stand against the murderous ones surely they'll be able to force some positive change!

Fucking face it buddy, there is no reason the average citizen should stand with them. So what if there are good ones? They're not doing jack fucking shit about the bad ones. Maybe they're afraid that if they speak up they'll lose their jobs. I don't know. Frankly, I don't care. Because if you see terrible shit happening to others and won't speak up because it might negatively affect you, then you're an accomplice.

Literally an accomplice, there are numerous states and numerous countries where seeing a crime occur/finding out important information about a crime that occurred and not reporting it is grounds for you being tried as an accomplice to the crime in question.
>>
>>55125
Then fix that so they have a way to deal with the perps without going full /k/ immediately.
>>
>>56034
>They're not doing jack fucking shit about the bad ones. Maybe they're afraid that if they speak up they'll lose their jobs.

You are correct. Many city cops have an "us vs. them" mentality regarding citizens.
>>
Every fucking week.
>>
>>55127
This bullshit comes up every time shit like this happens. Behind every radical is a thousand moderates who either don't care enough to say anything or approve of what they are doing. When that dude shot up a planned parenthood, the conservative response was "Sure, it was wrong, but..." When those terrorists shot up the magazine in france, the muslim response was "Sure, that was bad, but ..." When "moderates" protect and justify radicals, they aren't really moderates.
>>
>>56034

This.

Police are there to protect. One another, that is. It's not hard to understand why, after all if you're snitching on a fellow cop you're snitching on some one who may hold your life in their hands (who is going to watch your back in a firefight?), but their job is a special one that affords them special privileges over their peers. They should therefore be held up to a much higher standard of conduct and should put the integrity of the law and those who enforce it before themselves and their relationships. It's a lot to ask, sure but they're cop. They're looking for the dick sucking that comes with having a badge and gun.

The worst thing about the police operating as little more than a government endorsed gang is that by not giving up their colleagues who are themselves criminals they are undermining the trust that is supposed to exist between the community and those who are meant to protect them from harm. This isn't good for anyone, cops or citizens, for reasons that should be obvious. How can they expect people to act within the law and cooperate with the police when cops utterly REFUSE to return that courtesy or take responsibility for the criminals in their ranks?
>>
>>55573
>There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
>>
And here we see some random kids who hate white people displace their racism onto police

Hitler missed a few, sadly
>>
>>55127
Because of the blue line of silence or whatever where good cops cover for bad cops
>>
>>55127
bad cops exist because other cops protect them
>>
>>56034
>>56130
>>56179

Since it's basically omerta, maybe the cops who don't report on a colleague (when said colleague is caught) can be prosecuted under RICO?

But the other problem is that DAs and cops are literally best buddies in the system -- like they talk and work together and coordinate all the time, which is why DAs half-ass their prosecution of most individual cops (even when they don't know them personally -- probably a favor to the chief with whom they golf regularly). With that kind of greasing, what DA would raise a serious case against *multiple* cops *conspiring*, as accomplices or whatever legal definition one wants -- the golf-buddy chief would break down in tears on his knees in front of his wife and kids to the DA to keep him from raising the case.

An obvious suggestion would be to have any prosecution of police handled by a federal department like the AG, FBI, or whatever. To which the answer is YES FUCKING OBVIOUSLY!
>>
>>56179
>>56185
These. Other cops just stand by and say nothing, and don't report it, when 'bad' cops give them a bad name.
>>
>>56225
Another tactic is to flip it, OVER-charge the police so there's no way theres enough evidence to find him guilty. For example, if he accidentally shoots someone, charge him with murder, since no one would convict him of it, whereas a more realistic charge like manslaughter might actually stick. Good post btw.
>>
>>55002
damn that cop is so autistic
>>
>>56326
textbook autistic
>>
>>56302
Hadn't heard of this. Interesting and pretty diabolical. It would appease the 15 minutes of communal outrage without significant penalty.
>>
this guy "don" is a known tweaker/idiot who used to frequent www.californiafords.com a mustang website most users are in northern california, think of it as the worldstar of car forums, ghetto shitty people... his username on there is HiddenNos
>>
>most cops are good cops
>islam is a religion of peace
>he wuz a gud boi

You're all the same and should all neck yourselves.
>>
>>55027

They are all overworked, underfunded, and most don't have academy training.

So have of them are shell shocked assholes that will draw first.
>>
>>56483
>They are all overworked, underfunded
Come on dude, they choose to work tons of hours so they can make overtime bank. We pay our police really well specifically so they are less likely to take bribes.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.