[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple patents camera killswitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: a.png (52KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
52KB, 586x586px
>Create problem
> offer wanted solution

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/06/29/apple-patents-technology-for-deactivating-iphone-cameras-at-live/

Thoughts?
>>
I don't mind taking pictures, just turn off the fucking flash. How are they supposed to play music when they're seeing spots? Luckily most musicians have muscle memory as a backup.
>>
>>54746
>going to a show at 10:16 am
>>
>>54746
Are there guides to manually disabling your phone's camera? Or even installing a hardwired on-off switch?
>>
>>54746
That's a good way to cull evidence.
>>
>>54768

Finally a way to stop those pesky amateur Jimmy Olsens from recording our boys in blue when they're delivering summary justice to the perps and creeps plaguing society.
>>
>>54746
If this angers you then stop buying apple products.

Yes this may make its may to android but there will be several ways around it.

I realise that concerts aren't going to be the main use for this, but if not taking photos at concerts is what concerns you then you are a faggot. Instead of watching the entire show through your phone screen you could, y'know, watch the actual show.
>>
>>54771
>pesky amateur Jimmy Olsens
ha, that's a good one, anon
>>
>>54748
>Liking music that can be played with 2 classical guitars and a quarter drum kit
>>
>>55033
>Not enjoying shoebox-diorama-core
>>
>>54746
>thoughts

I will never pay for a product that I can't have complete control over.
>>
Intellectual property is seriously one of the biggest cultural cancers of our age. Never has the increasingly feudalistic nature of modern corporatism been more obvious than when they continually try to innovate new ways to degrade the quality of products to make sure you and your wallet are more beholden to their whims.
>>
Don't buy apple... or patent the iFaradayCage.
>>
for bands this could be a great thing

this could also be used by the police to prevent recording of brutality/riots, which is something to be concerned about imo
>>
>>54746
Any lawfags, would a business using a device like this to inhibit recording incur any criminal liability if a violent crime occurred on the premises? Or open themselves up to a lawsuit?
>>
>>55060
Do you own a car? All modern cars limit RPMs and power to pass EPA standards.

Do you own an XBOX? If you dont pay for XBOX Live, you can't play games you own on your own internet.

Do you own a house? You are restricted by law from many things, check your local codes.
>>
>>55101
How about the fact that they're disallowing you to use a feature that you paid for?
You never signed anything that said you couldn't record shows for your own enjoyment. There is no infringement unless you are redistributing the video.
>>
>>55101

>>55107
I wasn't referring to intellectual property law.
>>
>>55101
Absolutely not as of right now, but don't be surprised if after a case or two where that sort of thing happens, some plaintiffs lawyer comes up with an innovative argument that but for not being able to record, the crime would have been prevented. I think it's an extremely difficult argument to make, though, given that a lot of businesses already are recording on CCTV anyways.

Also, a business that touts this as a feature of their premises, say a nightclub where you don't need to worry about strangers recording you, would probably prevail on the theory that you assumed the risk by patronizing that establishment.
>>
>>55112
>a business that touts this as a feature of their premises, ... would probably prevail on the theory that you assumed the risk by patronizing that establishment.
Interesting. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>54746
Imagine all the pissed off parents when they can't record their daughter's piano recital. kek.
>>
If Android or even M$ is smart, they won't do this. cementing them further as the superior phone.
>>
>>55183
>Chad
/r9k/ meme name
go away and never return.
>>
>>55060
I hope you're running gentoo and have an android with pre kit kat then
>>
>>55112
>bring stone age camera from 2009
>record all the gay sex
>blackmail everyone who thought they were safe
>>
>>54801
Except it's clearly not meant for that purpose. Who the fuck watches phone videos of concerts or has a phone that has a light on it while filming anyway, its for making sure cops can do what they want.
>>
>>55107
You have to sign something every time apple updates their tos. I don't think those things hold up well in a real court, but some random guy on the street won't be able to hire a big enough lawyer to go up against apple.
>>
>>54746
I can't wait until someone exploits this and disables everyone from taking their selfies.
>>
I don't understand why Anons are saying police would use this to strip public from taking videos. Or in a public setting when there isn't a transmitter present. In the article, the only way the phones camera will stop recording is if a beam or transmitter is on. Concerts would need one for every show. So are Anons saying ever police vest or vehicle will carry one? Highly doubtful. Not everyone uses shitty Apple products. Apple may not even include this kill switch in phones, it's only a patent, only an idea. But I do understand where your coming from.
>>
>>55046
>being the only one at a concert and not standing front row
>>
>>55225
Nice tinfoil hat you've got there
>>
>>55105
>owning a modern car

91' Jetta master-race.
>>
>>55105
own a 1960s muscle car, living on home-steaded land which is zoned for agriculture, residential, and industrial with full water and mineral rights. come at me bro.
>>
>>54746
this isent about fucking concerts next times theres a riot in which police are involved your phone might just think you're at a concert
>>
>>55387
How the fuck did you get mineral rights? Native?
>>
>>55225
Learn to read before replying please.

The concerts I've been too are always filled with people on their phone trying to record the show.
>>
>>54746
This is stupid. No one should have the right to disable functions of what is my personal device without my permission. Especially remotely.
>>
>>55062
This. I feel exactly the same. Never before in history have companies ignored and belittled their customer base so much. And people let it happen
>>
>>55200
Or just an android
>>
so what. someone will just invent a better analog video recording device. the technology is feasable it was just abandoned when digital stuff became popular. no reason a combination of digital optics and magnetic media tape couldn't fit in a hand-held device, or even just record to SSD without any kind of OS in the way.
>>
>>55107
>There is no infringement unless you are redistributing the video.
This is incorrect. On private property, you cannot even take the picture or record video/audio unless you are given permission.
>>
>>54746
>deactivating iphones
well that is 100% of people who would record their ultra indie hipster band no one ever heard of.
>>
>>54746
while i hate seeing cell phones at concerts, this technology would enable police or government units to civilian surveillance; so i disagree with its use.
>>
That feel when you have based android
>>
>>54746
This is just a way to get people used to the idea of this and then after this it won't just be used for concerts it will be used to stop people filming Police Brutality or filming anything that would make the state look bad.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.