[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ECONOMIC CRASH INCOMING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 1

>British pound plummets to 30-year low amid 'Brexit' vote

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2016/06/23/markets-seesaw-deadlocked-brexit-vote/86318634/

>Futures imply Dow open down 650 points as Brexit result frightens investors

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/23/us-markets.htmlhttp://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/23/us-markets.html

>Nation’s Biggest Banks Would All Withstand Recession, Fed Says

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/24/business/dealbook/nations-biggest-banks-would-all-withstand-recession-fed-says.html?_r=0

>Asia Markets Rise, Then Fall on Tight Brexit Vote Count

http://www.voanews.com/content/asian-markets-start-higher-brexit-vote-count-continues/3390236.html

>Sterling, Asian markets routed as early Brexit results put Leave ahead

http://www.businesstoday.in/markets/global-markets/sterling-asian-markets-routed-brexit-results-put-leave-ahead/story/234172.html
>>
>>53202
EU cucks on suicide watch.
>>
>>53202
The eu really has so much to answer for, even when we are rid of it it causes problems.
>>
>>53202
Money isn't real.
>>
>>53218
The items it pays for are
>>
>>53202
Good thing I'm cash heavy at the moment. Ready to buy all the cheap stocks.
>>
I'm American and I have no idea how the economy works, will this affect me?
>>
>>53243
>Publicize a minority death to incite riots and steal whatever you want.
>>
>>53245
Yes. American markets are down as well (though they'll bounce back), and in the longer term the UK economy affects the US. Most every economist predicts negative consequences for the world economy, though many details are uncertain right now
>>
>>53245

In this day and age, when one market gets wacked, they all feel it.

I'm already expecting the DOW to open with a sell off. Just not sure how bad it will be but that will be answered when European markets start their day and we see how that plays out.

This honestly could cause another global economic collapse similar or even worse than 2008.

But this is /news/, you fucks don't even have any money, let alone in the market so fuck it.
>>
>>53245
Just remember DON'T PANIC this is not America's problem even though we will feel the effects of the market for a few months,

just keep putting money in your Roth IRA and investing in a S&P 500 index fund.
>>
>>53254

insert jew1.jpg

yes, the markets are trustworthy.... keep giving us your money.
>>
>>53258
Well, the question got an honest answer.

You can make your own economic analysis, but remember that "jews control everything" and "money isn't real" are just paper thin delusions.
>>
>>53258
Would you rather he sell when when the markets are down?
>>
>>53263

Honestly, I sold back in Oct and have stayed mainly in cash and silver. Will hop in eventually when things reach bottom and then do the same in about 7/8 years when the cycle repeats.
>>
so how do we make money off this?
seems like the time to buy in
>>
>>53253

worse than 2008. probably not.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/brexit-expected-to-rattle-u-s-economy-shake-its-influence-1466741275

I wonder if there will be a new financial hub of europe (and the world)? Or will finance force the rest of england to jump through EU hoops to remain at the center of the finance?

Also, this is shitty for the US in the sense that without having England to push our ideas at EU meetings we will have less control over Europe.
>>
Buy gold and jewelry.
>>
>>53270
Gold doesn't pay dividends. Gold produces nothing.
>>
http://www.cityam.com/244053/sp-warns-britain-could-lose-its-aaa-credit-rating-after

S&P says Britain will probably lose its AAA credit rating
>>
>>53273
Gold is also very low-risk, is his point I think.
>>
>>53274

welcome to the AA+ club

-signed america
>>
Meeanwhile, trump in Scotland.
>>
Next global catastrophe soon friends
>>
>>53389
>soon
you mean in 2 hours, right?
>>
Germany down 7%

France down 8.5%

FTSE down 4 %

Italy down 11%

Spain down 12.5%
>>
>>53251
Fucking what?
>>
Why did the British just destroy their economy?
>>
http://bruegel.org/2016/06/in-case-of-a-brexit-london-would-lose-business-as-a-global-financial-center/

Article written before the vote. Discusses where financial business will move to now that London is not a global financial hub
>>
>>53407
They actually think they helped it somehow. poor bastards.
>>
>>53406
Hes saying money is a construct of a modern sheep society, and is fragile and unreliable. It does, however, make life easier.
>>
>>53245

I'm Australian and I have no idea how the economy works, will this affect me?

Does the GBP weakening mean now's the time to strike and import all the Doctor Who merch I've ever wanted, or is the AUD just as weak to compensate?
>>
>>53418
Now is absolutely the time to import from Britain
>>
>>53421
or go on vacation there...
>>
.DJIA is holding around -450
>>
>>53206
UK cucks on suicide watch, you mean.
>>
>>53273
Gold is up $70 just today so far.
>>
>>53389
World war 3 when?
>>
i export, this is good for me
and houses will eventually be cheaper as well, which is good for everyone

win win
>>
>>53485
The only people who win during an economic downturn are short-sellers. When housing gets cheaper, people with money start buying homes to flip them and they drive the cost of housing back up. You basically find a bunch of rich assholes selling homes and land to each other, and sometimes maybe a family moves in.

Psychologically the average person isn't liable to invest in any market while the markets are down, even though it is often the best time to invest.
>>
seems to be leveling off now
>>
>>53494
tbh it's not my fault if they are idiots
>>
I'm from Argentina , this shit affects me?
>>
>>53519
The time to retake Islas Malvinas is now!
>>
>>53528
Kek
>>
>>53211
>being in the eu is the problem, we'd better leave
>the problems we are having now that we have left the eu are their fault too
>>
>>53592
it's the "let's blame the previous government/leaders/administration for it and don't take fault" thing
>>
>>53666
Was never part of the EU, genius. If they had been and then left then you would be right in bringing them up.
>>
>>53592
Yes, the EU is to blame for these problems, how stupid are you?
>>
>>53417
>construct
>>
>>53752
>the eu is the problem
>>
>it dropped more overnight and it's not about 1.16 eur to pound
Time to buy that lappy I wanted.
>>
I was hoping it wouldn't drop below $1.30, as a Brexiteer.
Nevermind. Here's hoping that property prices crash and puts renters like me in a good position.
>>
>>53243
until you make $500 000 a day and milk costs 2 000 000!
>>
>>55918
i was reading a thing done by an economist the other day, he was saying that property prices increasing has been a global thing, and that they are set to continue because theres a need for safe investment right now and manufacturing isnt providing it
>>
>>53268
If you don't know how to short stocks you're already too late.
>>53275
>>53465
Unless you buy in bulk, and have a good saftynet, gold is the plebs meme market.
Most of the gold in the market isn't really real.
>>53413
>>53407
They didn't. Their economy will outgrow the EU once again.
>>53408
It will still be a global financial hub.
>>53418
The autstralian economy is total shit no matter what.
>>53592
>>53787
The EU is shit, it was not beneficial for British to remain.
>>
>>57078
Maybe. Black Pigeon Speaks did a nice video on real estate.

The EU referendum saw the UK government warn that house prices will fall. So it's clear that the establishment want them to be high. Their solution is to keep them high and to then subsidize buyers who cannot afford them. Come to think of it, it might just be another housing/subprime bubble like the one in 2007/8.
>>
>>53202
>article 50 not invoked yet
>no negotiation happening
>all trade deals and immigration maintaining

So Brexit is crashing the economy, even though literally nothing has changed? This is fearmongering and uncertainty, not an actual economic consequence of Brexit.
>>
>>57301
>even though literally nothing has changed?

>credit rating downrgaded by 2 major agencies
>currency trading at lowest level since 1985
>loss of over €60 Billion in EU trade annually
Where do you get that "nothing has changed" ?
>>
>>57307
None of the trade treaties have changed.
The UK hasn't lost any access to markets.
Nothing has changed other than levels of uncertainty due to what are at the moment nothing but potentialities.
The referendum didn't change any legal or economic pacts that the UK has with the EU.
>>
>>57445
Brilliant damage control there, chap.
>None of the trade treaties have changed.
The UK's credit is being downgraded because change (for the worse) is imminent,
>Nothing has changed
A lot has changed if you'd wake up and bother to smell Scotland wanting to leave again, and this time they brought the Northern Irish with them.
>The referendum didn't change any legal or economic pacts
The referendum was on changing legal and economic pacts that the UK has with the EU. It's a 2 year process that hasn't even begun yet, but the one certainty is that it will begin very soon.
>>
>>53418
Aus went up. Now get yer Dr. Who swag!
>>
>>57457
I'll never understand why the word future messes people up
>>
>>57545
Because the stock market, bond markets, and currency markets are based almost entirely on speculation
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.