[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chrome 47

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chrome-logo-185x185.jpg (21KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
chrome-logo-185x185.jpg
21KB, 185x185px
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2437549/google-brings-chrome-47-to-the-desktop-ditching-the-notification-centre

>The biggest change this time has been the removal of the Desktop Notification Centre after three years. Google has said that this was down to lack of use. At the end of the day, it is a feature that is best served in an operating system, not a browser. As such, it remains part of Chrome OS but any calls to its API from the browser version will now throw up an error.
>Also included are 41 security fixes provided by the community as part of the company's bounty rewards programme and others caught using Address Sanitiser and Memory Sanitiser. The bug bounty has been a rich one, paying out $105,000 to developers spotting shonky code, including $11,337 for a single bug.

They changed many things.
>>
>>5195
>The biggest change this time has been the removal of the Desktop Notification Centre after three years. Google has said that this was down to lack of use.
that's kind of shit

mostly since Showdown used it to let me know when it was my turn to play
there's dick all reason for it to go away, even if it wasn't really used that much
>>
>>5195
yeah BUT YET

they still havent fixed their ungodly amount or disk usage & i/o reads and writes to disk which reaches into the 10's of millions in a 6-7 hour session.

FIX YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT BROWSER CHROME FOR FUCKS SAKE IT"S BEEN YEARS ALREADY.

JUST FIX IT.
>>
>>5332
>mostly since Showdown used it to let me know when it was my turn to play
Literally the only thing I used it for
>>
will this affect mightytext notifications? those are extremely important to me

also why is this in /news/ and not /g/
>>
>>5332
>>5525
Psh nerds. I too used it for this but also music and vid playlist/chat sites.

Damn shame, hope someone makes some app to bring it back or something
>>
>>5579
Also push bullet/kde connect
>>
>>5580
and 4chan X apparently
>>
>>5195
Fucking finally.
Stopped using it because of this retarded attempt at hijacking my OS.

Still not using it, but it's less bad now.

Why are all modern browsers shit?
>>
>>5698
It's all about the profit nowadays.
>>
but muh 4chan-x
>>
>>5195
I'd rather pump bleach into my urethra than use google's shitty browser.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.