[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Poultry Workers Denied Bathroom Breaks, Resort to Wearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-11/poultry-workers-in-diapers-as-bathroom-breaks-denied-oxfam-says

>Workers in plants run by the largest U.S. poultry producers are regularly being denied bathroom breaks and as a result some are reduced to wearing diapers while working on the processing line, Oxfam America said in a report Wednesday.

>The report cited unnamed workers from Tyson Foods Inc., Pilgrim’s Pride Corp., Perdue Farms Inc. and Sanderson Farms Inc. who said that supervisors mock them, ignore requests and threaten punishment or firing. When they can go, they wait in long lines even though they are given limited time, sometimes 10 minutes, according to the report.

>Some workers have urinated or defecated themselves while working because they can’t hold on any longer, the report said. Some workers “restrict intake of liquids and fluids to dangerous degrees,” Oxfam said.

>“We value our team members and treat them with respect,” according to an e-mailed statement from Tyson.
>>
>>44176
There are thousands of people in downturn Rust Belt towns whose local factory just moved away who would gladly take those diaper wearing chicken jobs.
>>
>>44184
Doesn't matter. That's inhumane treatment and would never be accepted in a healthy society.
>>
>>44176
How haven't they sued the living fuck out of their bosses?
>>
>>44233
your right, that and its unsanitary, i dont want my chicken being handled by a man that just shit and or pissed himself.
>>
This is why white meat is shit tier. It's all about the red.
>>
>>44184
Better yet millions of mexicans itching for these jobs showing those pampered gringos how it's done.
>>
>>44184

If you'd ever been in a downturn Rust Belt town you'd know all those old faggots are on disability for back pain and abusing prescription narcotics.
>>
>>44253
I like chicken better.
>>
>>44176
I have a hard time believing that this is true... OSHA love or hate them would have a field day with this. Having worked in a factory where we got crushed by OSHA constantly for way less this seems unlikely to go unreported for this long...
>>
>>44176
Former USDA inspector, worked red meat & poultry.

Line workers have two 15 minute breaks, before and after lunch. Lunch break is 30 minutes, and supervisors usually will spell a worker another 10 minute break if the worker doesn't abuse things.

If the shift goes over 9 1/2 hours - another 15 minute break.

Only lunch counts against the workers' time, so they can get almost an hour free wages.

The diaper babies probably wasted their scheduled break going outside to smoke, or playing grabass. Or drinking mass amounts of coffee or energy drinks.

Plenty of urinals and toilets, as per OSHA.
>>
>>44257
This here. Most rural America likes to think of it as superior because 'no inner city issues' and means usually No Dindus but they never acknowledge the creeping pill addictions and the meth problems that whites usually have.
>>
>>44290

I'll give you one shilling for that shilling.
>>
>>44290
How much were the Tyson bribes to look the other way?
>>
>>44176
Meanwhile, in the United States of Burgerstan
>>
>>44340
Tyson didn't have to bribe - they got DC to write all the regs in their favor. Added water in red meat would mean condemnation of product, but frozen chicken could gain 12-16% in chilling and freezing.
The industry pushed HACCP on the govt, so that their own QC did the inspections & govt just spot checks the paperwork.
It's good work if you enjoy doing crossword puzzles all day.
>>
>>44290
>Former
What did they fire you for senpai?
>>
>>44257
Doesn't mean they shouldn't have work available. Plus, a lot of those cases are due to the fact that they have no work.
>>
>>44397
we need more small butcher shops in the us
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.