[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg to give away 99% of shares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

File: _86985767_zuckerberg3.jpg (37KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_86985767_zuckerberg3.jpg
37KB, 660x371px
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34978249

https://archive.is/F3URN

>Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan say they will give away 99% of their shares in the company to good causes as they announce the birth of their daughter Max.
>He said they are donating their fortune to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative because they want to make the world a better place for Max to grow up in.
>Mr Zuckerberg said the donation currently amounts to $45bn (£30bn).

Is he the new Bill Gates? What would you do with $45bn if you had it?
>>
>>4295
>What would you do with $45bn if you had it?

Keep it for myself and buy useless junk.
>>
I would keep saving my pennies until I could bankroll the 4th reich.

>Giving your money away to morons
Great way to boost sales of Transformers DVDs and $300 sneakers.

>Their daughter
>Max
Pick a real name for your mongoloid kid, you jackass.
>>
>>4298
You could buy some small African country with kind of money. You would need to buy an awful lot of junk to actually even begin to whittle down $45bn.
>>
>>4301
>You could buy some small African country with kind of money
Yeah. Useless junk.
>>
Fuck giving to "charity." Every day I would visit a different business, find a random minimum wage slave, and hand them a sack containing $100,000 cash.
>>
>>4301
you can buy a shitty state from the USA for that money, why would you even want to step into africa
>>
>Giving away their shares to the company they own, that's literally in their name

they are donating their shares to the Zuckerberg initiative, so they technically still own the shares

this is a non-story
>>
>>4312
Wouldn't surprise me if it is an inheritance tax dodge scheme.
>>
I would personally fund a Mars program. The fact that no rich nigga like this has decided to do that is unfortunate.
>>
>>4305
Dude, its his own charity. The guy is a master businessman. He's evading tax and using the money for future investments. He's going to take over the fucking world.
>>
Probably give it away. Or use it to build giant statues of my favorite anime characters, then fund a space program to have them installed on every rocky planet in the solar system.

But seriously, though, when you get to the point where you can give away 45bil, I can't imagine there's really much else to do but give it away. There's practically nothing a person could want that you couldn't buy and still be a multibillionaire at that level of wealth. Even a fraction of it could support even an extravagant family for generations.
>>
>>4295
Hopefully, some of the money will go to the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Facebook might not exist in its current form without them.
>>
>>4295
I would make the best videogame ever. Then I would donate the remaining 99.99% to various charities Ive researched thorougly and science ppl.

Also who names their daughter Max? If you want your daughter to live a good life you can start by giving her a name that doesnt destroy her in school.
>>
>>4436
It's le progressive gender ambiguous name in the event that xhe doesn't identify with xir assigned birth sex.
>>
>>4355
Anyone with that kind of money is smart enough not to throw it away on science fantasy.
>>
>>4300
Maxine?
>>
reminder he already liquidated a large chunk of shares
>>
>>4295

By all the businesses in a small town and as many houses as I could, build new ones and rent them all out. Live life like a feudal lord
>>
>>4295
I'm sure he can spare it.
>>
>>4369
Probably this.
Either that, or he's going to short all of the stock
>>
>>4295
Pay my parents debts. Invest parts of it into Anti-Aging research (parkinson, Alzheimer and so on)
Donate some to underfunded schools
Use the rest for my personal enjoyment
>>
>>4295
Buy all the oil companies
Then destroy them and build public gardens and replant the rain forests
Any remaining oil will be given away for free.
Fuck the banks.
The entire world's stability rests on the oil prices
Money is an illusion
;^)

>>4312
this tbhfam

The only way to build a better world for your children is to undermine the banks, not give it to some retarded charity.
>>
>>4528
>The only way to build a better world for your children is to undermine the banks, not give it to some retarded charity.
You don't understand. They want the world to be better for their child specifically, which means giving their child an advantage. Undermining international finance would benefit all children and would remove Max's relative advantage.
>>
>>4531
They should have used the money on DNA research and manufactured a super-child.
>>
>their daughter Max

Okay his Wives name I can live with but what the fuck. That's like naming a baby boy Susan.
>>
>>4355
Well, these guys exist
http://www.planetaryresources.com/#home-company
Asteroids and orbital infrastructure should come first, anything else is such a waste of money only a government would do it
>>
>>4295
Facebook is going to be as dead as AOL in 5 years, maybe 10 on the outside, unless they divest into other fields and become a globalmegahypersupercorp. That said, his internet.org part of facebook is already becoming one of the largest ISPs in the third world, and they aren't net neutral.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/zuckerberg-free-limited-internet-is-better-than-net-neutrality-and-no-internet
>>
>>4539
>Facebook is going to be as dead as AOL in 5 years, maybe 10 on the outside
You know that's not happening. Facebook is too convenient to die off like that. AOL was nothing compared to this. I don't use Facebook, but I can't imagine it die. Something big would have to happen for it to drift off like it never existed to begin with.
>>
>>4539
>tfw the internet will become fully monitored and censored in your lifetime

I am personally scared because of that. Imagine you won't be able to use any services unless you give out your true id etc. Fuck facebook
>>
Man I could give a billion to each of my family members and friends and I'd still have way too much money to actually spend.
>>
>>4436
>not naming your daughter MAXIMUM
>>
>>4295
>will give away 99% of their shares in the company to good causes

Tell that to all the foreign aid which is used as pocket money to fund corrupt dictators and government in poorfag countries
>>
>>4295

Yeah I seem them divorcing in a few years

Zuckerberg is the normie type
>>
>>4295
>their daughter Max
wait what hang on
>>
Facebook's news feed has been nothing but race bait and Kardashian profligacy for months now.

Exactly what kind of "better world" does Zuckerberg want Max to grow up in?
>>
>>4604
>Exactly what kind of "better world" does Zuckerberg want Max to grow up in?

A progressive liberal world :^)
She's going to be rich as fuck anyway, she would have it good either way
>>
This is a good power move.
>>
>>4439
>money = intelligence
>mars is sci fi
By your logic I guess you'll be poor for a while!
>>
>>4295
Billionaire hermit turned bionic superhuman.
No I wont save people. Fuck this planet. I just want to have fun the expensive way and fuck a lot.
>>
>>4298
same
>>
>>4355
Bill gates always talks about funding a new type of collage history class or something but what he should is this. Fund a project to mars and he could so easily.
>>
>>4509
This is actually pretty smart. Would you own a police force for it as well to enforce any laws?
>>
>>4565
I think that is everyone on this board.
>>
>>4686
How do I self-quote?
>>
>>4295
I would probably start my own private army that doesn't fuck shit up all the time just like goes to some shit hole country remove corrupt leader in some black ops style hope that the people put on new leader they like and doesn't pull a Cuba where the revolutionary leader comes to power and becomes a dictator.
>>
>>4687
>corrupt dictators come into being ex nihilo
You're retarded.
>>
>>4298
Build the wall myself
>>
>>4369
>>4305
>>4302

Fucking lethargic cuntrags
>>
What a maniac.
>>
>>4537
Gotta be PC, you don't want your little girl to grow up and realize she was a boy all the time.
>>
>>4295
Buy 4chan.
Buy tons of stupid shit. A cool house, car, all consoles, a monster PC.
Give my entire family some of it.
Donate to local charities.
Cuck Kanye.
Try to manipulate German politics just for fun.
>>
>>4369
This guy gets it.
>>
Even though he is likely using this for the sake of saving money away from Tax, he is almost certainly going to use a reasonable chunk of it to help further global causes, and I can only respect that regardless of where the money came from.
>>
>>5745
Wouldn't you become a major shareholder of all the companies you care about? Invest in Verizon and have them expand FIOS? Invest in EA and have it explode?
>>
>>5778
of course, his investments will do wonders for the population of his choosing. No one is disputing this. He is, however, still a mad power hungry maniac whose ultimate aim is yet to be revealed. It's only logical to have the entire world love you rather than fear you, right?

>>5767
thank you, I don't know why that made me smile, shitty week i guess!
>>
>>4528
They will just create new oil companies, also 45bn is not enough
>>
>>4295
But why they don't fight against climate change?
I don't think they will even have time to die, until civilization just destroys itself
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.