[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Mother shot by two year old son

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 1

File: top-image2.jpg (30KB, 796x470px) Image search: [Google]
top-image2.jpg
30KB, 796x470px
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36152462

>america
>>
>>41276

That is pure karma. Single mothers are a pox.
>>
>>41276
No the gunlaws are great.
The 2 year old just has mental health issues
>>
>>41283

It was his ADHD that did it

Stick him on more pills m8
>>
>>41283
>mother gets gun licence
>2 year old shoots her anyway
Nothing would have changed tbh
>>
>>41276
don't Americans have gun storage regulations?
>>
>>41322
in this particular case licensing doesn't appear to have been an issue.
If she was trained, as part of getting a licence she probably wouldn't have the kid having access to the gun, or stored it in an unsafe state.
Also, as someone else said, all states in America really need to have consistent storage regulations, requiring safe storage of weapons when not immediately in use (ie. being taken to the range/hunting).
>>
The gun rolled put from under a seat ( or so I heard) perhaps if the child had a seatbelt on she wouldn't have been able to reach the gun while the car was moving...
>>
People will claim this is why we can't have guns. But just because people get in case accidents didn't mean we ban cars. Banning things because they're dangerous is stupid, that mother deserves it fit leaving a gun where a 2 year old could get it.
>>
Blacks shooting blacks in america. What a news!
>>
>>41333
>just because people get in case accidents didn't mean we ban cars
Car accidents are treated as a public health epidemic and huge measures are taken to reduce the danger that they pose to public health. The law says who can drive cars and where and how and under what conditions, requires that they are designed to meet high standards of safety, requires that cars be registered with the state and bear highly visible number plates, requires drivers to demonstrate basic aptitude before receiving a license, etc.

Meanwhile, the CDC isn't even allowed to research gun violence.
>>
>>41326
She was trained, training doesn't stop all accidents and guns for defense are constantly in use, storage laws won't change how people use there guns and they are unenforceable
>>
>>41340
Guns are under the same laws most places in the states though

You don't need licenses etc to drive on private property just like you don't need a license to carry on your own property, in public its usually different
>>
>>41343
It's true that there are analogous laws in many cases, but in general gun laws are much less restrictive than car laws (I don't think most concealed carry licences require you to actually know how to handle a firearm, for example), and in some cases there are no analogous laws (state registration, for example).

If people want the right to do something that makes it trivially easy for them to kill unsuspecting bystanders, whether it is driving a car or carrying a gun, it makes a lot of sense to try to figure out what measures might reduce the frequency with which things go wrong and put them in place. Every time this is suggested, though, people react as if government agents are going to kick in their door in the night and take their guns. I wonder why people aren't afraid of having their cars taken away every time a new safety law is passed...
>>
>>41324
We do. Those who don't follow them tend to meet Darwin from the hands of their young ones.
>>
>>41349
The cc classes cover exactly that along with legality of using your weapon

Registration has been proven to be a waste of time and money that prevents exactly zero crime and helps police investigations in no way, the Canadians that are so proud of their common sense gun laws even admitted it did nothing amnd got rid of it

Most of the things suggested have no effect other than costing tax money, if they had a positive effect people would support them but they won't support arbitrary feel good laws that are proven to be useless
>>
>>41351
>The cc classes cover exactly that
It's just a written test in many states. I don't know if this is true for most, but it's true for many, and I think it might be true for most. You don't learn how do drive a car in a classroom, and you don't learn how to shoot a gun that way, either.

>Most of the things suggested have no effect
You have no way of knowing that and neither does anyone else, because publicly funded researchers are not allowed to study the issue. With regard to Canada, every time gun control works in another country, we get told that "those countries are not the United States", so cherry picked exceptions do not make a very convincing argument.
>>
>>41349
No dictator ever took away cars before they committed a genocide.

False equivalence.
>>
>>41340
I don't see you rallying for regulations on swimming pools
>>
>>41349
Canada had a registry then confiscated guns.
>>
>>41375
He didn't originally make the false equivalence he just developed upon >>41343
>>
>>41350
Kek
>>
>>41322
Less guns avaliable, less gun accidents. It's not that hard a concept
>>
>>41388
There are regulations on swimming pools.
>>
>>41415
the american people are not ready to handle guns.

Use the swiss example. Make military service mandatory and attach the right to keep your service gun and other guns afterwards.

gun crime swizerland: 0.49/100.000 capita
gun crime usa: 26.65/100.000 capita

gun possession switzerland: 45.7/100 capita
gun possession usa: 112.6/100 capita (seriously wtf)
>>
>>41512
There are regulations on guns.
>>
>>41415
Less free speech, less offense.
>>41516
You aren't ready for free speech.
>>
>>41355
People do study the effects of gun laws, who told you they don't?

Gun control has been shown to not work in other countries, violence has been on a downward slope for a long time and gun control doesn't make it drop faster
>>
Why was this gun loaded with live ammunition?
And it was in a car seat?

Where I live the police have the guns locked in the back of the car, and civilians do not have handguns.
>>
Would convict her postmortem for child endangerment. I mean if muricans are retarded enough to give multiple life sentences, giving a rap sheet to dead people for their recklessness causing their deaths would be the next logical step.
>>
But if the government takes away my guns everybody will know I have a tiny penis!
>>
>>41276
So don't keep the damn thing where a two year old can get it and if it isn't being used then safety on or just don't load it!
>>
>>41276
more people still die by cars, air pollution, knives, falling down the stairs and so on, you ridiculous faggot.
>>
>>41560
free speech is not the same as unsecure, unregulated guns in the hands of untrained retards
>>
>>41605
>Gun control has been shown to not work in other countries, violence has been on a downward slope for a long time and gun control doesn't make it drop faster
yeh, I guess all the people in Australia would like a word with you.
>>
>>41559
clearly not enforced well enough or not comprehensive enough to save americans from themselves.
>>
>>41696
The second is to protect the first.
>>
>>41326
No.

>>41697
Most Australians didn't own firearms before the Port Arthur massacre, and handguns were all ready tightly regulated.
There was no tradition of everyone owning firearms there, and no constitutional restriction on their government removing them.
The US has both.
>>
>>41560

Offense doesn't kill you bud
>>
>>41697
I'm certain they wouldn't, gun control didn't cause there already falling crime rates to change
>>
>>41276
If the mother had a gun on her none of this would have happened. More guns is the answer.
>>
>>41355
Even in Texas there's a shooting section to cc
>>
>>41635
you (the poster) have a small dick
>>
>>41698
But people die from lots of things, does that mean the law clearly hasn't caught up on things like knives?
>inb4 britbong
>>
>>41276
So what? This sort of thing is a trivial source of deaths in general and firearm deaths in particular. The real problem is the blacks shooting each other in the face over drug money, but nobody wants to do anything about that for various reasons.
>>
>>41730
EXACTLY
>>
>>41710
Lots of things can kill you, accidental deaths from firearms are a trivial source of premature death. The only reason to focus on this sort of thing is culture war bullshit.
>>
>>41276
>leave loaded gun where child can get to it
>someone gets shot
>GUNS ARE EVIL BAN THEM ALL
>Let's not discuss the idiot parent that let this situation happen.

mmhmm.
>>
>>41349
>gun laws are much less restrictive than car laws

Depends entirely on what state you live in.
>>
>>41710
More people die to cars than guns. Why don't we ban cars or regulate them or ban spoilers etc.
>>
>>41962
This.

Let Darwin sort them out.
>>
>>42011
you can't drive a car into a school

well, ok, you could, but not very far. you wouldn't kill many people unless it was a third world shack of a school.

you can't drive a car up to the third floor of the building where your ex-wife works.

you can't drive a car into the narrow alley where the threatening teen wearing a hoodie runs into.

you can't drive a car into a motorcade (ironically enough)
>>
>>42015
You can drive a car on the sidewalk.

You can drive a car into other cars.

You can drive a car into a house and deal thousands in damages.

You can drive a car into the school children leaving school.

And you know what makes this easier to do than using a gun? A car is inconspicuous. No one suspects that any one of the cars on the road will be used maliciously.
>>
>>42015
>more people die by cars
>"But they can't kill people easily THIS way, so it's not as bad"

Killing someone is killing someone. They're not less dead because someone didn't use a gun.
>>
>>42016
so then why do we arm our military? or even put guns on the tanks? just use hundreds of killdozers. take all the vehicles destroyed and turn them into more killdozers. waaagh over afghanistan in less than a month because some nra faggot thinks guns and cars are the same.
>>
>>42019
You're an idiot if you need to ask that.

Cars are OBJECTIVELY more deadly in the US than guns. This isn't arguable. And the fact that you think the NRA is some big bad guy is hilarious, as it shows your sheer ignorance.
>>
>>42021
>Killing someone is killing someone. They're not less dead because someone didn't use a gun.

I hope you get run over by a toddler.
>>
>>42022
So you admit that there's no reason to hype gun deaths when other deaths kill you just as dead.
>>
>>42023
Intentional killings vs. Accidents vs Negligence

Now, of course, while this story falls into the realm of negligence, there are instances where gun death is accidental (for example, an officer shooting a fleeing suspect is not negligent not intentional). However it should be apparent to the critical thinker that the great majority of gun deaths involve directed human intent, while the majority of car/train/plane deaths are accidental or negligent.

Except 9-11
>>
>>41324
In uncucked states we can have loaded firearms within arms length while also concealed, anywhere else in the vehicle is considered trasportation so it needs to be unloaded.
>>
>>41276
Blacks mature early
>>
>>42036
that seems a little like it's going to lead to gun violence and accidents.
>>
>>41276
Kek

Without even reading the thread I already know what's going to be in it

>maybe if Americans didn't have so many guns there wouldn't be so many gun deaths
>gun control laws don't work
>victim blame
>britbongs v americlaps
>cars are more dangerous than guns
Or some variation thereof

Every single time

Every. Single. Time.

Literally every thread following a preventable shooting death in the usa devolves into the same squabbling, Jesus fuck.
>>
>>41342
Obviously she wasn't trained enough.
Sort of like how lots of people "learn" things for the week or two they need to know it and then drop it later.
Probably would have accidentally shot herself in the leg or something within the next few weeks if she didn't get darwined by her kid.
>>
this is getting cartoonshly ridiculous
>>
>>41276
Please tell me she shot back, stand your ground definitely applies here.
>>
That child killed her in self defense, she was obviously an unfit mother.
>>
MFW in a few years they tell the kid the reason why he never met his mother was because he killed her.
>>
>>41415
I personally confiscate swimming pools with a water pump and I'm printing thousands of angry letters to my representatives to inact swimming pool licensure. Less pools, less drownings. It's not a hard concept.

There needs to be a test course too. You try to stop people from throwing child mannequins into a pool while some old smelly person with a clip board disapproves of you.
>>
>>41512
Not enough. One life is too many
>>
>>42018
I also hate "well people spend less time with guns than cars so that's why they don't kill as many people".

Even if this were true, people aren't going to start driving guns to work, so they're never going to be as significant as cars. Where is the problem?
>>
>>42025
>Intentional killings vs. Accidents vs Negligence
>However it should be apparent to the critical thinker that the great majority of gun deaths involve directed human intent, while the majority of car/train/plane deaths are accidental or negligent.

Exactly. Read my lips:
More people are killed with cars ON ACCIDENT than people killed with guns ON PURPOSE.

Cars are dangerous to americans.
Homicidal maniacs are dangerous to americans.
Gun ownership and accidents are not anywhere near as statistically dangerous as either of those.
>>
cool, she deserved to be shot. people need to take the proper precautions as a firearm owner so this doesnt happen
>>
also, what are you going to do, make guns illegal?
>mfw someone tells me "muh europe is perf"
>america isn't in the same location nor situation of Europe

take away all the guns in america, from the ones who own them under law, and you will be left with more gun crimes now that the law abiding citizens cannot properly defend themselves
>>
>>41277
And another American dead so that ok.
>>
>>42083
>preventable shooting death
If the justification for this is some moral value on life, why do deaths involving shooting matter more than other causes of premature death, especially considering they're such a minuscule (<<1%) contribution to all death statistics?
How are they more preventable than automobile accidents, or assault hammer assaults, and why should it matter more?
>>
There is a new story like this every week, fucking kek, you amerifags will literally never learn. Idiots.
>>
>she deserved it
Wew lad. The edge. She fucked up by letting her kid get to a gun, but shit. Wheread has your humanity gone, anons?

>guns are bad m'kay and should be banned
Wrong. Background checks and storage regulations should keep these things from happening. Call me paranoid, but the people need to be able to keep the government in check. Pretty hard to do that without guns
>>
>>42979
If we focused more on poverty, mental illness, and improper gun storage than on guns we wouldn't have nearly as much gun violence
>>
>>42977
>cool. She deserved to be shot
Wew lad, watch that edge there buddy
>>
>>41559
poorly enforced ones, if some idiot can let their toddler shoot them dead
>>
>>43651
>poorly enforced

Oh yes, lets just make it mandatory to have gun cabinets, then we can send an officer to check them every hour to make sure the guns are all locked up and safe and not lying out.
>>
>>43621
There are all ready background checks. More stringent background checks and storage regulation would be at odds with the need you propose, and would hamper legitimate self-defense.
It's sad that this happened. However, unfortunate results of irresponsible individuals shouldn't be a lien on everyone else's rights.
>>
>>43621
let me know how it goes when you try to defend yourself against a drone strike with your gun
>>
>>41415
>The more of something there is the more of something will happen
This is a horrible argument that can be applied to almost anything. In fact its just a truth of this world.
>>
>>41697
How did banning guns change their violent crime rate? It looks like it didn't have a single affect at all.
I know this is /news/ but maybe you should look up statistics before you judge the crime rate of a country based on news stories you've read.
>>
>>41730
If the mother didn't give her 3 year old child access to a loaded gun this wouldn't have happened. If the mother had been attacked by a nigger it most certainly would have saved her life.
>>
Why is /news/ so liberal. Are you the whiney faggots that left /pol/ because you couldn't handle the bantz.
>>
>>41957
DELETE THIS. Our friendly african american friends wouldn't harm a fly. How dare you suggest black people aren't equal in every way except when they need affirmative action. This is a racist fact that doesn't represent the community problems as a whole, now excuse me I have to attend a BLM protest.
>>
>>43675
As Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq show the U.S. military handles low level insurgencies very well.
>>
>>41276
They are never too young for call of duty.
>>
>>43504
Yes, there is a value to life, someone dying in such a needless way is a tragedy.

Every death matters.

And assault hammer assaults are every bit as bad, I guess we aren't talking about them because a mother wasn't recently killed by an infant weilding an assault hammer. Furthermore, killing someone with an assault hammer kinda requires the intent to at least harm them. I don't think this kid could have killed their mother even if they were armed with an assault hammer, yet accidents like this are entirely possible when there's a gun involved.

You say
>how are they more preventable than automobile accidents
as though you treat these deaths in a similar way. The short answer is that if you remove the gun, these deaths don't happen.

The long answer is that guns have one use, violence. Automobiles enrich our lives. If you remove all the guns from the general population (cops and the army can keep them, they need guns to do their job) then life goes on. But if you remove all the Automobiles, then society ceases to function.

The "gun culture" in the us is completely broken, and frankly there's a clear correlation between gun ownership and gun violence

The source for this information is here
Keith Krause, Eric G. Berman, eds. (August 2007)."Small Arms Survey 2007 – Chapter 2. Completing the Count: Civilian Firearms". Geneva, Switzerland: Small Arms Survey.

More information can be found here

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/americas-gun-problem-explained-2013-4
>>
>>43732
I thought I was pretty black and white, but I'll try again

Gun deaths are preventable because gun ownership among the general population is unnecessary.

In 2011, 31940 people died by gunshot in the USA. Thats a lot of deaths, 1.3% of them.

You should read the article
>>
>>43685
>they'll take mah guns billy-bob!
>>
>>43683
>outlier cases should inform public health policy
>>
>>43733
Yes. I misread your post because I thought I had scrolled to the end of the page. Apologies. I'm reading the article and will browse some of the other material on this clearinghouse, but I fear this is going the same place as always: to ideological difference contingent on
>unnecessary
>>
>>43739
If you choose to believe that owning guns is necessary or that it somehow is part of your identity then there's not a graph in the world that will convince you otherwise

Anyway I'm going to bed
>>
>>43740
That doesn't mean I'm not interested in why someone else disagrees, or what they have to say.
>>
>>43680
i found him! i found the retard!
>>
>>41390
New York City pulled that same scam back in they day.
>>
>>41276
>>41283
>>41319
>>41324
>>41326
>>41340
>>41698
>>41415
>>41609
>>41635
>>41958
SHALL.
NOT.
BE.
INFRINGED.
>>42962
More people are killed every year by fucking DOCTORS than by firearms
>>
>>43621
Storage regulations are completely unenforceable
>>
>>41326
Storage regulations are completely unenforceable.
>>41349
To reduce the frequency of gun violence, allow the easy access of firearms to the general public.
If you can assume that 95% of the US population is good natured, there is no way of stopping that 5% from getting firearms.
>>41415
There are currently more guns than people in the United States, and anyone can go make a slam fire shotgun or buy them from some beaner.
>>41609
Self defence.
I cc loaded because I live in fucking Dallas.
>>41635
Why do you have an obsession with dicks.
>>43731
Good God I hate how badly everyone values life.
It's fucking over the world because deep ecology can't be implemented
>>
>>44015
More people are killed by heart attacks too, the difference is that people don't use doctors to commit 10000 homicides every year in the USA
>>
>>44021
>storage regulations are completely unenforceable
You can't buy a gun, or store a gun without a licence in new Zealand, and you can't get a licence without having secure storage.

>give more people guns, that'll reduce gun violence
You are dead wrong, the opposite is true, gun violence peaked in the 70s and early 80s, when gun ownership also peaked
>inb4 correlation/causation

>life isn't valuable
The edge
>>
>>44044
And the middle ground for defensive gun uses in the United States is 1 million.
10,000 (inflated number) / 1 million +10,000
It's more ridiculous that people die ON ACCIDENT to things NOT made to kill you.
>>44045
>You can't buy a gun, or store a gun without a licence in new Zealand
Your government does not guarantee your inalienable right to own weapons for the security of your liberty
>and you can't get a licence without having secure storage.
And what if after I get my license I stop securing it in (x random and over complicated designated way), they cannot enforce storage mandates
>You are dead wrong, the opposite is true, gun violence peaked in the 70s and early 80s, when gun ownership also peaked
Where are the proofs? Because the 70s and 80s are after some fucking major gun control legislation was passed.
This is noteably AFTER the NFA and JUST BEFORE THE Huges amendment. There is also the gun control act of 1968, This is not including innumerable state gun control legislation.
I'm the 70s and 80s in the America is also when Heroin was getting the big shot and started fucking social society.

Answer the question, do you believe the vast majority of citizens are good natured people? Let's say 99%?
>>life isn't valuable
>The edge
Life has been vastly OVER valued since the end of the second world war, and has caused the failure of de-colonialism.

Look at any state today, where there is tighter gun control, there is more violence, crime, and murder.
Where there is less, there is less.

Shall.not.be.infringed.
stay cucked little ausfailia.
>>
I have a loaded pistol on my desk and rifle leaning against it. They seem pretty safely stored to me.
>>
>>44048
I can't be bothered arguing with a retard

businessinsider dot com.au slash americas-gun-problem-2015-6
>>
>>44050
>This article written by this guy concludes what I think!

If you're going to do lazy shit atleast don't break the url
>>
>>44053
>didn't read the article
>didn't check the sources
>thinks his opinion is worth a damn
Kek
>>
>>41277
lel, go back to r9k beta faggot
>>
>>44054
First off the article immediately loses any attempt at being non-biased.
Instead of going straight to the facts it pumps you full of "THINK OF THE CHIULLINS"
e.g.
>“This type of mass violence does not happen in other advanced countries,” - Obama
He's flat wrong, it happens in China, in Finland, it is now happening all over Europe, it happened in Australia.
It happens in places with MORE restrictive gun control than the U.S., that don't even have a rampant gang problem.
>gun ownership declines
But that isn't even the case, gun sales are at record highs, Gun ownership is higher than its ever been, and the reason you see a "decline", is owning a gun is becoming a more personal thing. People are reporting less often.
In fact, the two graphs don't correlate at all.

Give me an actual study, not some AD harvesting website by putting each side on a different page.
>uses the DEATH BY GUN statistic like it actually means anything
>refuses to show actual murder and violent crime rate
Get the fuck out of here with this garbage.

>I refuse to argue with a retard
>>
>>44050
>business insider.com.au
>.au
Into the trash it goes.
You never bothered to look at anything than heavily biased trash did you?
Especially since it's tailored specifically for your country.
>>
>>44050
>Literally can't refute a thing the guy said
>>
>>44057
christ you sound like an NRA shill

you're spewing talking points, you're not actually discussing anything. you're demanding references--while giving none worth reading. you take the high road without explaining any rationality why you have the position to dictate "the facts".

your post, in a nutshell, is the exact reason why nobody will discuss gun violence in america seriously. it's a shell game to you idiots -- both the anti-gun and pro-gun loony bins. you rehearse these talking points, spew them, gesture angrily at charts, decry your opponents' charts, and then conclude they only think that way because they're retarded.

News flash : You're what's wrong with America. It doesn't matter which side of the argument you're on. You are killing any hope of civil discourse. You'll come back and say "oh well this is 4chan and I can shitpost on forchan hue hue". Well that's all well and good, except this is how you people behave everywhere else too. On Facebook, on Tumblr, on Twitter, on tv shows, in debates, in the senate, in court rooms. It's all fucking rotten from the top down and bottom up.
>>
>>44068
This is not an argument
>>
>>44068
>christ you sound like an Brady Campaign shill
>you're spewing talking points, you're not actually discussing anything. you're demanding references--while giving none worth reading. you take the high road without explaining any rationality why you have the position to dictate "the facts".
>your post, in a nutshell, is the exact reason why nobody will discuss gun violence in america seriously. it's a shell game to you idiots . you rehearse these talking points, spew them, gesture angrily at charts, decry your opponents' charts, and then conclude they only think that way because they're retarded.
>News flash : You're what's wrong with America. It doesn't matter which side of the argument you're on. You are killing any hope of civil discourse. You'll come back and say "oh well this is 4chan and I can shitpost on forchan hue hue". Well that's all well and good, except this is how you people behave everywhere else too. On Facebook, on Tumblr, on Twitter, on tv shows, in debates, in the senate, in court rooms. It's all fucking rotten from the top down and bottom up.
When will you realize you're being a meta, meta hypocrite?
>>
>>44076
In some ways, I agree with him. We seem to be losing the capacity for civil public discourse, and more dispassionate examination.

I disagree with his "you people" and that this is in any way unique to 4chan or the US.
>hypocrite
You're right about that.
>>
>>44054
>wall of correlation=causation "info"graphics

It's worse than I thought
>>
>>41326
Yeah well, with how powerful the N.R.A. is, the possibility of even sensible regulation being enacted is between slim and none.
>>
>>44185
You realize the N.R.A. has power because the majority of people oppose gun control legislation, and elect representatives based upon that.
There is no such thing as "sensible regulation", it's called infringement and it is unconstitutional.
Do you oppose the system of the American Republic because it hurts your feefees?
>>
>>44190
lol, my sister told me once if nobody had guns, nobody would need them.

I told her she was delusional
>>
>>44190
You still believe this shit?
Most gun owners I know are responsible enough for CCWs in California, and want Mental Health background checks for new gun permits.

The NRA just pats them on the head as dummies. They're just there to pimp guns; all the 'ZOMG GUN GRABZ BY BARRY SOTERO ' usually comes from them.
>>
>>44331
>You still believe this shit?
No, I know this shit. It's pretty much fact according to PEW polls, the vast majority of the electorate does not support gun control legislation, and elects their leaders based upon how they represent them. Logically, the power the N.R.A. has is directly from the people.
Did you even take basic government courses? Competing groups will always exist, you're being a big cry baby because nobody wants to be in your shitty group.
>Most gun owners I know are responsible enough for CCWs in California, and want Mental Health background checks for new gun permits.
This is called a personal anecdote, and there is no such thing as a gun permit, my permit for my gun is my life. If you deny me the right to protect myself with arms, not limited to inferior or out dated weapons, you deny me my liberty and my right to life.
Do you reject the values of the French Revolution as well as the essential and unique system of the American Republic?
Mental health checks won't do anything, it will eventually turn into a violation of civil rights, and is pretty much unenforceable. And there is no guarantee the doctors won't just label you as crazy because they disagree with you having firearms.
>The NRA just pats them on the head as dummies. They're just there to pimp guns; all the 'ZOMG GUN GRABZ BY BARRY SOTERO ' usually comes from them.
You're a meme.
>>
>>44335
And you're an idiot.
If that was a meme, then why do you hear from fringe media about gun grabs, then a run on guns when there was no gun grab other than ATF going into felons and probation faggots that had violated their release.
>>
>>44068
You sound like one of those fags that doesn't commit to anything and considers anything else to be shitposting

Or you lost and are merely pretending
>>
>>43731
Isn't the fact that something not meant to kill people kills more than a weapon meant to kill a red flag?
>>
>>44337
I commit to my own opinions.
And guns are a necessity since our army is shit.

But I don't listen to lobby groups since $$ influence policy since Citizens United.
>>
>>44336
>And you're an idiot.
I have a graduate degree, I doubt that
>If that was a meme, then why do you hear from fringe media about gun grabs,
What fringe media, what "gun grabs", is there straw coming out of my nose and mouth?
>then a run on guns when there was no gun grab other than ATF going into felons and probation faggots that had violated their release.
This is not even a coherent sentence. Are you talking about fast and furious?
>>44339
>muh citizens United
>muh fee fees
>I'm an unsuccessful twat who wants to restrict other people's Liberty
>>
>>44331
Gun permits and mental health screening would be part of the "death by a thousand cuts"--literally the gun control lobby's proposed plan for eliminating personal firearms.
>>
>>41276
posts white people
>the actual mom
Kid wasn't in a car seat, she broke the law and was stupid. This is natural selection at work.
>>
Had it coming tbh
>>
>>44056
Beta provider detected.
>>
>>41276
this could have been avoided if the mom also had a gun.
>>
>>44480
underrated post.

> This is why I conceal carry when teaching pre-K
>>
>>44339
I highly doubt you hate guns just because of interest groups
Why do you people worm your way around looking for a way to take away the power from the people? Is your end goal a totalitarian state?
>>
>>44171
Your argument would hold water if not for the simple fact that gun violence is impossible without guns
>>
>>44634
Too bad firearms are statistically proven to prevent more violence than they cause.
>>
>>44634
fools think that people will actually be limited by what is legal. go ahead make guns illegal i will still have them to use for self defense. And criminals will still have them to use for evil. You don't have to be very smart to make a gun. there are people who have managed to make one inside a prison.
>>
>>44687
Kek

http://www.apa.org/pubs/info/reports/gun-violence-prevention.aspx
>>
>>44356
False equivalence.
I didn't say I hate guns when I dislike the path of a superPAC takes.
You're putting words in my mouth.

Now don't get depressed--you're 50 times more likely to an hero successfully than I could.
Plus it's hard to shoot yourself in the head with a compound bow...
>>
>>44711
This was meant for >>44587
>>
>>44706
There are over 1 million defensive gun uses in the United states, that's a MIDDLE GROUND figure.
That vastly outweighs any deaths or amount of "gun violence" you can account for. Not including the initial preventative aspect of criminals knowing people have firearms.
>>44711
People have a right to suicide.
And suicide is not an argument for gun control.
>>
>>44706
The APA has lost all credibility for being a reliable source in the past 20 years.
>>
>>44771
And yet the statistics prove to be contrary to your point.

Estimates of the frequency of defensive gun use vary significantly, from as low as 55000 to as high as 4.7 million times a year in the USA. The lowest estimator is the Harvard school of public health.

That figure of yours, one million times a year comes from the an article by gertz and kleck, Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun. All the highest estimates come from their phone surveys (kek). This figure of one million has been widely criticised by the academic community because it ignores problems that arise from telescoping, the social desirability bias, and strategic responses by gun rights advocates, all of which can lead to significant false positives. The NCVS finds 100k and tom Smith finds 250k incidents a year in the USA.

Furthermore, seeing as you have opened up the argument to include crimes other than homicide. In 1992 offenders armed with handguns committed a record 931k violent crimes. On average in 1987-92 about 83k crime victims per year used a firearm to defend themselves or their property. 3/4 of the victims who used a firearm for defence did so during a violent crime; 1/4 during a theft, household burglary, or motor vehicle theft.

You seem to be under the impression that guns save lives. This is patently false. Even if we ignored the lack of credibility of your figure of one million, the number of crimes committed by perpetrators with handguns alone is so high that there is no argument that gun ownership prevents crime; the opposite is true.
>>
>>44771
What's more, Schnebly & Stephen 2002 conclude that defensive gun uses "are not likely to provide similar social benefits, implying that prevalence estimates may not simultaneously estimate social benefits." Also in 2002 Wells concluded that DGU is an effective deterrent against injury for some groups of people, but not others; notable groups for whom DGU did not provide benefits in this study included women, people living in rural areas, and those living in low-income homes. Branas, Richmond et al in 2009 reported that gun owners were more likely to be shot in an assault than were non-gun owners, and concluded that the chances of DGU being successful for residents of urban areas are low.

As for the initial preventative aspect of criminals knowing people have firearms. Monteaux reports in 2015 that "We found no support for the hypothesis that owning more guns leads to a drop or a reduction in violent crime. Instead, we found the opposite."

Everyone knows that gun ownership correlates with gun violence. But if you need a source anon provided one above.

Monteaux in 2015 found no evidence that states with more households with guns led to timid criminals. In fact, firearm assaults were 6.8 times more common in states with the most guns versus states with the least. Firearm robbery increased with every increase in gun ownership. Firearm homicide was 2.8 times more common in states with the most guns versus states with the least. He also asked whether criminals were simply trading out other weapons for guns, at least in the case of homicide. They weren't. Overall homicide rates were just over 2 times higher in the most gun-owning states, meaning that gun ownership correlated with higher rates of all homicides, not just homicide with a gun.
>>
>>44806
>guns don't save lives
Post discarded.
You're complete ignorance of the fact that is the agreed middle ground defensive gun use number is hilarious.
Statistics show that the state's with looser gun restrictions have less violent crime than states with more restrictions.
>>
>>44771
It's possible that people stockpile guns in response to higher levels of crime. Monteaux tried to tease out whether this was the case by testing whether gun ownership levels were a prerequisite for crime or a response to higher crime levels. Though they still couldn't prove causation, they did find that higher gun ownership levels preceded crime increases, not the other way around.

Siegel 2013 finds that over 30 years, gun ownership levels correlated with firearm homicides, such that the higher the gun ownership rate, the higher the firearm homicide rate.

However, Siegel said, it was possible that when people noticed thegun homicide going up around them, they went out to purchase guns for protection. He founds that firearm ownership was not related to the number of stranger firearm homicides —cases where someone is killed by a stranger. But when more people owned guns, the nonstranger firearm homicide rate rose — cases where someone is killed by someone they know.

"It wouldn't make sense to argue that people only go out to buy guns if the nonstranger homicide rate goes up, but not if the stranger homicide rate goes up," Siegel told Live Science. The data, he said, points to a picture in which confrontations between families, friends, bosses and acquaintances become lethal in the presence of guns.

And suicide, it's not something that should be flippantly dismissed, it's an impulsive act, 90% of all people who attempt suicide do not kill themselves later. However when they use a gun they are much more likely to succeed the first time.

TL;DR
Guns don't stop crime
>>
>>44807
>>44806
This is some eggcellent copy pasta, I need links to all of your sources, as well as proof that the crimes commited were with weapons that were obtained legally.
Pro tip: They were not.
>>
>>44808
>agreed
No, you are drinking too much kool aid at NRA meetings. That high figure of yours is widely criticised, and the Violence Policy Center regularly compares state gun death rates using data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Year after year, the findings are consistent: States with stricter gun laws and lower rates of gun ownership have some of the lowest overall gun death rates in the county. Conversely, states with lax gun laws and higher rates of gun ownership have the nation’s highest gun death rates.
>>
>>44809
I refuse to accept a block answer huffington post level copy pasta as any credibility, especially without any proper citations and complete lack of analysis from separate sources.
The countries with them most gun control, have the highest crime rate, and those that have enacted gun control have had no change, if not an increase in their violent crime rate (see UK and Australia)
>>
>>44811
>gun deaths
Post discarded again, you're drinking the MDA coolaid Soros, that's not a real statistic.
>>
>>44810
I gave you the authors and years in the hope that you would be able to find them from that information.

>>44812
The country with the loosest gun laws has the highest rate of gun crime. This is not an issue for the rest of the world, only in America.
>>
>>44814
Mexico, Brazil, Columbia, plenty have their firearms problems.
But all of those countries have flat out banned guns.
The UK is the capitol for violent crime, Sweden is the European Capitol of rape, these are just a comparison of other countries problem. Australia's violent crime rate has not changed since port Arthur restrictions, nor has the UKs, Gun ownership has been increasing in the United States and crime has been decreasing.
The U.S. doesn't have a "gun problem", there are only 10,000 murders in the United States using firearms, and over 1 million defensive gun uses, in the U.S. you have a .0081% chance to get shot in a nation where there are more guns than people.
That's pretty damn good.
On the other hand, medical malpractice kills 200,000 a year.

Compared to other issues, there is no issue with gun violence.
>>
>>44816
Gun ownership peaked in the 70s & 80s along with violent crime, both have been decreasing since then according to the Gallup poll, the general social survey, and the FBI
>>
>>44816
Nigga you shouldn't compare UK violent crime with yourself, the violent crime rate in the UK is half the rate of the US
>>
>>41283
Babby probably just stopped taking its ssri antidepressants like all the other shooters.
>>
>>41516
Your statistics are a little misleading. Gun Crime in America is definitely not a widespread, pervasive issue. It is quite localized. The overwhelmingly majority of gun crime is involved with gang activities.

If you take away the violence attributed to gang violence, gun crime in America starts looking like similar rates to Northern European countries.

It is not a gun problem, it is a gang problem.

And no this doesn't mean black or hispanic people. It means the small percentage of people in those neighborhoods that are affiliated with gangs.
>>
>>44817
>gun ownership is decreasing
>there are now more guns than people in the US
>>
>>41276
Suicide by negligence, bitch should've made sure her baby couldn't get to her gun, put the safety on and keep it out of reach.

Don't blame guns for some bitch's stupidity.
>>
>>45696
>Don't blame guns
Yeahr, guns a people too!
>>
>>45713
makes a lot of sense because you canno't blame people for anything
>>
>>44811
>Gun control
>Literally sponsored by arms smugglers and the mafia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leland_Yee
>>
>>45713
>woman lets her child drive car
>kills woman
>ban cars
>>
>>41276
that kids gonna legit be suiciding by the time he reaches 13, if not coz of the guilt its coz every kid in the school will bully him coz of the event. kids are always looking for the weakest people to beat up or laugh upon
>>
"test"
>>
Had the woman had a second gun with her, she could have protected herself...
>>
>>41634
you do realize that multiple life sentences have a purpose, right? you can be parolled off of a life sentence, so those more heinous crimes are awarded multiple life sentences, to make the possibility of parole more remote.
>>
>>44811
It's the opposite, but I can't post a picture just Google correlation between gun ownership and crime
>>
>>45760
>The NRA
>Literally sponsored by gun manufacturers and defense contractors
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association#Interconnected_organizations

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/530/530116130/530116130_201312_990O.pdf
>>
>>42877
>>41336
>>42939
>>46089
Top Kek.
>>
http://www.gunfacts.info/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/GUNS-IN-OTHER-COUNTRIES-U.K.-Violent-Crime-and-Firearm-Ownership-Rates-Before-and-After-1997.png

http://www.karenselick.com/GunOwnershipViolentCrimeEng.gif

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/firearmhomicide2.jpg

Crime isn't as simple as you think it is, and correlation isn't causation. Stop trying to fit some shitty agenda.
>>
>>41283
>The 2 year old just has mental health issues
Must be genetics. Mother's.
>>
>>41276
Well, now she just needs to buy more guns to protect herself from her son. May be a shotgun / a machine gun.
>>
>>43675
Let me sum up your argument:

>Le gubmint tyranny is technologically perfect
>Since armed revolt won't be easy, why try?

Tell it to George Washington, faggot. Baddest military of his time? Tax a penny on a pound of tea? NO FUCKS GIVEN; KILL REDCOAT THIEVES.
>>
>>46203
Waiting for you to fire the first shot then.
>>
>>46214
because you certainly won't be the first.
>>
I think (in a civiliced country) there's no need for civilians to own guns.
But in the US the problem isn't that there are so many guns It's that people dont know how to use and store them safely without getting shot by their own child
If someone buys a gun they should be told some simple tips like don't leave the gun loaded and with the Safety off in the Car.
>>
>>46255
>the US isn't a civilized country
Is this Australia that is posting right now?
This seems like Australia.
Why should I be told how to store my private property?
>>
>>46100
But you see, that makes sense.
What doesn't make sense is for someone who supports gun control, also be involved in a massive crime syndicate that smuggles guns.

HOLY FUCKING NIGGER SHIT CAPCHA GO FUCK YOURSELF. YOUR SHITTY FADE AWAY ONES NEVER FUCKING WORK.
>>
>>46275
Just switch to legacy CAPTCHA.
>>
>>46278
Clover v1.2.11
>>
>>46255
>don't leave the gun loaded and with the Safety off in the Car.
jfc this has to be bait.
>>
>>46274
Because your irresponsibility could lead to disaster if left unchecked. It's right there at the top of this post...
>>
>>41283
Guns don't kill people, babies kill people. Evil little fuckers.
>>
>>41324
/k/tards fight hard to remove them so they can have the God given right to shoot themselves in the ass at a moment's notice.
>>
>>42015
>you can't drive a car into the narrow alley where the threatening teen wearing a hoodie runs into.
Fuck you, I'll drive my spider car up walls if I want to
>>
>>42083
Discussing gun control is quite literally impossible. Not just chaotic or drawn out but literally impossible.
>>
>>46295
What is unchecked about it?
Should we all be padded with bubble wrap and helmets because if what COULD happen?

You do understand that there are more guns than people in the United States, and less than a fraction of a percent are used in non gang related crime.
>>
>>46300
There should never me such a thing as storage regulations.
That's why port Arthur was such a fucking massacre. Anyone with a gun couldn't get to it
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.