[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aliviating gun violence in America by paying criminals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 0

>http://www.npr.org/2016/03/28/472138377/to-reduce-gun-violence-potential-offenders-offered-support-and-cash?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

>Not long ago, the city of Richmond, Calif., was considered one of the most dangerous cities in America

>But today, the city of about 100,000 residents is called a national model for reducing gun violence. Many cities around the country are adopting their unconventional strategy to prevent violence —– which includes paying potential criminals to stay out of trouble.

Goes on describing the program, they basically hire ex convicts to talk to potential convicts often and if/when they engage in gun violence they provide them with monetary support, counseling and other social services

It's partially paid for by city and private investors.
>>
>>34992
Of course extortion works.
>>
>Aliviating...

They should try paying you guys to learn to spell too...
>>
>>35009
I'm on mobile, sorry.

I know how annoying it is to see this shit.
>>
>>34992
Ah yes, this totally couldn't end up backfiring eventually
>>
I agree there should be support for them but literally paying them is a step too far tbh
>>
>>35024
>>35026

Been enacted for a while as the article states, also been adopted in a few more cities.

For now it looks like it works based on the numbers they stated, I can understand the concern though.

In a country like the US, as big as it is, they need to try as much as they can to reduce gun related crimes.
>>
>>35026
Much rather pay them than have crime tbh.

Kind of how prison works, except they're free to get jobs and integrate into society.
>>
>>35031
>>35027
>>35026
Bizarre. It's almost as if people commit violent crime due to a poor upbringing and monetary needs coupled with a lack of education.

If only there was some placed where people could go to perform repetitive yet productive tasks in order to make a product and recieve monetary compensation for the labor done in this manufacturing...Some kind of "factory", if you will...whereby these unedereducated people could receive money without having to resort to violence.
>>
>>35032
Da gubment owe me for slavery
>>
>>35032
The problem is that there are more poor uneducated people than factory jobs thanks to outsourcing. See the cat? See the cradle?
>>
>Giving people money reduces criminal activity.

Now that's just absurd.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.